Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Albert Einstein decried racism in America

Message 21 of 41

@gruffstuff wrote:

That contradiction makes Einstein all the more human

I think we all have those contradictions, I know I do.

I was raised to be a racist, hardcore, I grew up with racism, it was ingrained in me from I suppose birth, not that I really remember very early childhood.

I am aware that ingrained racism is still there, it still affects me.

The question of my character is what I choose to do about it.

Gruff and @Soosie, it's sad to see a poster troll this topic when you both contributed your own personal experiences to enhance the discussion.  He completely distorted what gruff's point was, as well as his content.  It's regrettable that the trolling one can't contribute anything of value to this topic or many other topics.

Clearly, avoidance is a "defensive mechanism".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 41

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It hardly seems appropriate to lay your white guilt on everyone else. Nor is it appropriate your suggesting he has.   Not a suggestion - an observation. It (laying of guilt) is fairly common among some. Dishonesty and distorting what another posted is VERY common as reflected in your post here. Care to be specific   Sure, your comment suggesting anyone is laying their white guilt on everyone else is dishonest and a distortion.  See?  it wasn't difficult to discern, so why do you need to be spoonfed.....I know, you prefer your "rabbithole".....it's quite lame. No, I'm honestly pointing out that some are trying lay white on others. No "rabbithole" just truth.

That is a personal problem for you to deal with.  Obviously, the personal problem of distorting anothers words is yours.The subject is racism, not distorting.  Your reply is distorting; the topic is Einstein's just published diaries....anyone who actually read the link would know that. No the topic is racism.  Only to those who only see racism like yourself.  And you again you reveal you never read the actual topic.....very uninformed.  Your forgot the misogynistic and xenophobic behavior....it's very much typical. No, the topic is racism.

Dealing with your own racism is a question of character. Trying to find racism in others is a character flaw. Misrepresenting another's post is the result of anothers character flaw and, obviously, defensive in nature. True and that is why I avoid misrepresenting. Well if you attempt to avoid it, you're not very effective.  gruff said NOTHING you attributed to him. Again, nothing but insults.  What's insulting is your distorting and dishonest posts. Since I am not distorting, all your claims are mere insults.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It hardly seems appropriate to lay your white guilt on everyone else. Nor is it appropriate your suggesting he has.   Not a suggestion - an observation. It (laying of guilt) is fairly common among some. Dishonesty and distorting what another posted is VERY common as reflected in your post here. Care to be specific   Sure, your comment suggesting anyone is laying their white guilt on everyone else is dishonest and a distortion.  See?  it wasn't difficult to discern, so why do you need to be spoonfed.....I know, you prefer your "rabbithole".....it's quite lame.

That is a personal problem for you to deal with.  Obviously, the personal problem of distorting anothers words is yours.The subject is racism, not distorting.  Your reply is distorting; the topic is Einstein's just published diaries....anyone who actually read the link would know that. No the topic is racism.  Only to those who only see racism like yourself.  And you again you reveal you never read the actual topic.....very uninformed.  Your forgot the misogynistic and xenophobic behavior....it's very much typical.

Dealing with your own racism is a question of character. Trying to find racism in others is a character flaw. Misrepresenting another's post is the result of anothers character flaw and, obviously, defensive in nature. True and that is why I avoid misrepresenting. Well if you attempt to avoid it, you're not very effective.  gruff said NOTHING you attributed to him. Again, nothing but insults.  What's insulting is your distorting and dishonest posts.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 41

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It hardly seems appropriate to lay your white guilt on everyone else. Nor is it appropriate your suggesting he has.   Not a suggestion - an observation. It (laying of guilt) is fairly common among some. Dishonesty and distorting what another posted is VERY common as reflected in your post here. Care to be specific or is insults all you have left? That is a personal problem for you to deal with.  Obviously, the personal problem of distorting anothers words is yours.The subject is racism, not distorting.  Your reply is distorting; the topic is Einstein's just published diaries....anyone who actually read the link would know that. No the topic is racism.

Dealing with your own racism is a question of character. Trying to find racism in others is a character flaw. Misrepresenting another's post is the result of anothers character flaw and, obviously, defensive in nature. True and that is why I avoid misrepresenting. Well if you attempt to avoid it, you're not very effective.  gruff said NOTHING you attributed to him. Again, nothing but insults.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

I was raised to be a racist, hardcore, I grew up with racism, it was ingrained in me from I suppose birth, not that I really remember very early childhood.

It hardly seems appropriate to lay your white guilt on everyone else. Nor is it appropriate your suggesting he has.   Not a suggestion - an observation. It (laying of guilt) is fairly common among some. Dishonesty and distorting what another posted is VERY common as reflected in your post here.  That is a personal problem for you to deal with.  Obviously, the personal problem of distorting anothers words is yours.The subject is racism, not distorting.  Your reply is distorting; the topic is Einstein's just published diaries....anyone who actually read the link would know that.

Dealing with your own racism is a question of character. Trying to find racism in others is a character flaw. Misrepresenting another's post is the result of anothers character flaw and, obviously, defensive in nature. True and that is why I avoid misrepresenting. Well if you attempt to avoid it, you're not very effective.  gruff said NOTHING you attributed to him.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Albert Einstein decried racism in America. His diaries reveal a xenophobic, misogynistic side

In 1946, Albert Einstein stood in front of students at one of the oldest historically black colleges in the United States and decried the oppression of African Americans.

Now there's hot news all right, all right.  In 1946 there was certainly a lot of oppression of blacks.  Now, fast forwarding 72 years to 2018 America....

Picky- picky-picky. Come on now - a poster takes the exalted position of quoting Einstein and you want to quibble over a calendar.

Piffle I say.

Intelligent adults who would have read the topic link would have learned that Eistein's travel diaries were just recently published....not 72 years ago.  But some just have to whine about something....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 41

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

It hardly seems appropriate to lay your white guilt on everyone else. Nor is it appropriate your suggesting he has.   Not a suggestion - an observation. It (laying of guilt) is fairly common among some. That is a personal problem for you to deal with.  Obviously, the personal problem of distorting anothers words is yours.The subject is racism, not distorting.

Dealing with your own racism is a question of character. Trying to find racism in others is a character flaw. Misrepresenting another's post is the result of anothers character flaw and, obviously, defensive in nature. True and that is why I avoid misrepresenting. But again that "magic" word - defensive. What did you see as defensive in my words. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 41

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Albert Einstein decried racism in America. His diaries reveal a xenophobic, misogynistic side

In 1946, Albert Einstein stood in front of students at one of the oldest historically black colleges in the United States and decried the oppression of African Americans.

Now there's hot news all right, all right.  In 1946 there was certainly a lot of oppression of blacks.  Now, fast forwarding 72 years to 2018 America....

Picky- picky-picky. Come on now - a poster takes the exalted position of quoting Einstein and you want to quibble over a calendar.

Piffle I say.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 41

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Misrepresenting another's post is the result of anothers character flaw and, obviously, defensive in nature.

And yet, I have seen nobody here misrepresent others' posts more than you do.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

It hardly seems appropriate to lay your white guilt on everyone else. Nor is it appropriate your suggesting he has.  That is a personal problem for you to deal with.  Obviously, the personal problem of distorting anothers words is yours.

Dealing with your own racism is a question of character. Trying to find racism in others is a character flaw. Misrepresenting another's post is the result of anothers character flaw and, obviously, defensive in nature.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.