Views

Re: Albert Einstein decried racism in America

Message 11 of 41

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It hardly seems appropriate to lay your white guilt on everyone else. Nor is it appropriate your suggesting he has.   Not a suggestion - an observation. It (laying of guilt) is fairly common among some. Dishonesty and distorting what another posted is VERY common as reflected in your post here. Care to be specific   Sure, your comment suggesting anyone is laying their white guilt on everyone else is dishonest and a distortion.  See?  it wasn't difficult to discern, so why do you need to be spoonfed.....I know, you prefer your "rabbithole".....it's quite lame. No, I'm honestly pointing out that some are trying lay white on others. No "rabbithole" just truth.

That is a personal problem for you to deal with.  Obviously, the personal problem of distorting anothers words is yours.The subject is racism, not distorting.  Your reply is distorting; the topic is Einstein's just published diaries....anyone who actually read the link would know that. No the topic is racism.  Only to those who only see racism like yourself.  And you again you reveal you never read the actual topic.....very uninformed.  Your forgot the misogynistic and xenophobic behavior....it's very much typical. No, the topic is racism.

Dealing with your own racism is a question of character. Trying to find racism in others is a character flaw. Misrepresenting another's post is the result of anothers character flaw and, obviously, defensive in nature. True and that is why I avoid misrepresenting. Well if you attempt to avoid it, you're not very effective.  gruff said NOTHING you attributed to him. Again, nothing but insults.  What's insulting is your distorting and dishonest posts. Since I am not distorting, all your claims are mere insults.

I know I'm stepping into another of your rabbit holes here, but lets assume for "hits and giggles" that you don't understand....I'll make one last effort.

Gruffstuff posted on....

@gruffstuff wrote:

That contradiction makes Einstein all the more human  <--------- FROM THE LINK you didn't bother to read.

I think we all have those contradictions, I know I do.  <----------  An honest personal thought.

I was raised to be a racist, hardcore, I grew up with racism, it was ingrained in me from I suppose birth, not that I really remember very early childhood.   <----------  An honest personal memory.....

I am aware that ingrained racism is still there, it still affects me.   <----------  An honest personal thought and expression.

The question of my character is what I choose to do about it.   <----------  An honest personal thought and expression.

It hardly seems appropriate to lay your white guilt on everyone else. Though, he didn't as you falsely claim....AT ALL!  A completely distorted comment!  That is a personal problem for you to deal with.  Obviously, not.....at least for gruff.

Dealing with your own racism is a question of character. Trying to find racism in others is a character flaw.  Which again, he didn't the least; again, another total distortion.

So, I hope that clears it up for you.

When you revealed a deeply personal experience earlier this year about when your ex-wife assaulting you, I don't recall anyone distorting what you said and use it to attack you.  In fact, more than one showed some class and revealed their character.

IMO, you owe a fellow poster, one that always takes the high road, an apology.

In a way you are right. A poster "bared his soul". However, in the context of the discussion some (you) project that on others. It is part of this silly game - you say he didn't find his racism a character flaw in others - but you do. You say he didn't lay his guilt on others. O.K. but you do on a regular basis. So, rather than getting all sanctimonious about apologies from others, try looking inward.

LOL !!!!  You ask someone to "look inward", advice that you should follow yourself.

You are right, Chas....the attacks without even taking a minute or two to read the topic or a link is so reflective of a hyper defensive individual.  Why would someone by so defensive about something that supposedly doesn't effect them?

Now "defensive" has been promoted to "hyper defensive". What's next - hyper LMAO??

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

LOL !!!!  You ask someone to "look inward", advice that you should follow yourself.

That's all ya got - a giggle???

So you read the LOL and ignored the rest, right? It figures.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 41

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

In a way you are right. A poster "bared his soul". However, in the context of the discussion some (you) project that on others. No, where in this topic have I done that.  Nothing in this topic is about me....your excuse, and defense is a fraud. the entire issue is about white guilt It is part of this silly game - you say he didn't find his racism a character flaw in others - but you do.  Nope. , but again, I find the denial and defensiveness a flawed choice. But I do note you are constantly defending those who act on their racist beliefs.  Is that a character flaw?  Not for me to decide as I said, it's not about me. It appears to me that those who are so defensive are the ones with "white guilt". again the word "defensive" - how does that apply? It has become to have all the meaning of LMAO.

You say he didn't lay his guilt on others. O.K. but you do on a regular basis. Nope....I have no guilt.  You attempt to lay guily on others So, rather than getting all sanctimonious about apologies from others, try looking inward. Been there, done that....maybe you should consider your own advice....you might free yourself from the "defensiveness"; it's obvious in your attacks any time the subject is raised. again "defensiveness" without meaning.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 41

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It hardly seems appropriate to lay your white guilt on everyone else. Nor is it appropriate your suggesting he has.   Not a suggestion - an observation. It (laying of guilt) is fairly common among some. Dishonesty and distorting what another posted is VERY common as reflected in your post here. Care to be specific   Sure, your comment suggesting anyone is laying their white guilt on everyone else is dishonest and a distortion.  See?  it wasn't difficult to discern, so why do you need to be spoonfed.....I know, you prefer your "rabbithole".....it's quite lame. No, I'm honestly pointing out that some are trying lay white on others. No "rabbithole" just truth.

That is a personal problem for you to deal with.  Obviously, the personal problem of distorting anothers words is yours.The subject is racism, not distorting.  Your reply is distorting; the topic is Einstein's just published diaries....anyone who actually read the link would know that. No the topic is racism.  Only to those who only see racism like yourself.  And you again you reveal you never read the actual topic.....very uninformed.  Your forgot the misogynistic and xenophobic behavior....it's very much typical. No, the topic is racism.

Dealing with your own racism is a question of character. Trying to find racism in others is a character flaw. Misrepresenting another's post is the result of anothers character flaw and, obviously, defensive in nature. True and that is why I avoid misrepresenting. Well if you attempt to avoid it, you're not very effective.  gruff said NOTHING you attributed to him. Again, nothing but insults.  What's insulting is your distorting and dishonest posts. Since I am not distorting, all your claims are mere insults.

I know I'm stepping into another of your rabbit holes here, but lets assume for "hits and giggles" that you don't understand....I'll make one last effort.

Gruffstuff posted on....

@gruffstuff wrote:

That contradiction makes Einstein all the more human  <--------- FROM THE LINK you didn't bother to read.

I think we all have those contradictions, I know I do.  <----------  An honest personal thought.

I was raised to be a racist, hardcore, I grew up with racism, it was ingrained in me from I suppose birth, not that I really remember very early childhood.   <----------  An honest personal memory.....

I am aware that ingrained racism is still there, it still affects me.   <----------  An honest personal thought and expression.

The question of my character is what I choose to do about it.   <----------  An honest personal thought and expression.

It hardly seems appropriate to lay your white guilt on everyone else. Though, he didn't as you falsely claim....AT ALL!  A completely distorted comment!  That is a personal problem for you to deal with.  Obviously, not.....at least for gruff.

Dealing with your own racism is a question of character. Trying to find racism in others is a character flaw.  Which again, he didn't the least; again, another total distortion.

When you revealed a deeply personal experience earlier this year about when your ex-wife assaulting you, I don't recall anyone distorting what you said and use it to attack you.  In fact, more than one showed some class and revealed their character.

In a way you are right. A poster "bared his soul". However, in the context of the discussion some (you) project that on others. It is part of this silly game - you say he didn't find his racism a character flaw in others - but you do. You say he didn't lay his guilt on others. O.K. but you do on a regular basis. So, rather than getting all sanctimonious about apologies from others, try looking inward.

That's all ya got - a giggle???

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 41

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Gruffstuff posted on....

@gruffstuff wrote:

You are right, Chas....the attacks without even taking a minute or two to read the topic or a link is so reflective of a hyper defensive individual.  Why would someone by so defensive about something that supposedly doesn't effect them?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Gruffstuff posted on....

@gruffstuff wrote:

In a way you are right. A poster "bared his soul". However, in the context of the discussion some (you) project that on others. No, where in this topic have I done that.  Nothing in this topic is about me....your excuse, and defense is a fraud. It is part of this silly game - you say he didn't find his racism a character flaw in others - but you do.  Nope. , but again, I find the denial and defensiveness a flawed choice. But I do note you are constantly defending those who act on their racist beliefs.  Is that a character flaw?  Not for me to decide as I said, it's not about me. It appears to me that those who are so defensive are the ones with "white guilt".

You say he didn't lay his guilt on others. O.K. but you do on a regular basis. Nope....I have no guilt.  So, rather than getting all sanctimonious about apologies from others, try looking inward. Been there, done that....maybe you should consider your own advice....you might free yourself from the "defensiveness"; it's obvious in your attacks any time the subject is raised.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Gruffstuff posted on....

@gruffstuff wrote:

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 41

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Gruffstuff posted on....

@gruffstuff wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

Gruffstuff posted on....

@gruffstuff wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 41

ALBERT EINSTEIN'S THEORY OF INFIDELITY

As he detailed in his letters, Einstein over the years developed a complicated view of male-female relationships.

In a June 1953 letter, Albert Einstein tried to console a female friend who had discovered that her husband was having an affair, by advising her that she should resist taking it personally. Cheating, he explained, was the norm among humans.

“I am sure you know that most men (as well as quite a number of women) are not monogamously endowed by nature,” he wrote, according to a translation from the original German published decades later. “Nature will come through even stronger if convention and circumstances are putting resistances in the way of the individual.”

It was a subject that the great physicist knew something about from personal experience. Einstein himself had been unfaithful to his first wife, Mileva Maric, and eventually left her to marry his mistress, Elsa Einstein, who was also his cousin. After divorcing Mileva and marrying Elsa, he soon resumed having dalliances with numerous other women as well.

"You have to keep in mind that in Europe at the time, for a pursued, charismatic man, his behavior wasn't so unusual," Harvard physicist and science historian Gerald Holton told Discover magazine in 2006.

What was a bit more extraordinary, though, was Einstein’s frankness about his wandering attentions, and his deft construction of a nuanced moral code into which infidelity could fit comfortably. As he detailed in his letters, Einstein over the years had developed a complicated view of male-female relationships.

ALBERT EINSTEIN'S THEORY OF INFIDELITY

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors