From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: After The Election

Message 21 of 26

Gail  you make many valid points. but I still think that the message that the Democrats have put out is really a weak one.
yes, you are correct. as long as the people don't feel it in their pockets everything else is cool in their lives.

I am worried that they are loosing in my opinion a sense of ethics that have always existed in this country. and only seeing what is convenient to them.

The message of the Democrats should be on the policies that we have seen so far.

the fact that many regulations that are helpful to the health of all of us are gone. The public school system is in it's last  breaths, and I don't blame many that want to see it extract.
Accepting an Administration that is completing trying to make it alone and not with allies.  and all the other things that we have seen. happened since the Trump Administration has taken over.

ONe of the things that I see among Democrats is their lack of unity. they simply attack each other if is convenient for them.
They don't present a united front. in so many cases even in voting in their  own Chambers, the House of the Senate.
They do't vet candidates properly. they don't bother to really do  grass root campaigns.
I have been very critical of the Democratic Party, in many ways, they have not handled  problems in the correct manner.

That is what I see. that is my opinion.  On the immigration issue. the Democrats blew it and this Administration has even blown it even harder.  no winners in that front. and no solutions to date on this issue.
You seem to be very houseful regarding the upcoming health care and the Advantage programs, I sincerely hope that you are correct.   I would personally welcome a change in that area.
Regarding which way the Democratic party should go. hopefully to the center, if they   continue to go to the left, they will loose a lot of independents voters and many Republican moderates like myself.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 26

@GailL1 wrote:

More people are working and wages are rising - abiet slowly for a lot of reasons.

Now whether any good things which a person is experiencing at the time offset whatever they might consider bad things, if any in their mind - I don't know.

Think about why the average American votes the way they do - especially those who don't keep up with any current events - or what might be the "buzz of the day" and just vote for what is happening in their life - big or small stuff.

Image result for bloomberg real wages

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 26

@rker321 wrote:

I have no doubt that your cartoon could become true,  Personally I don't have too much faith in the Democrats being able to win elections. To date they haven't learned on how to do so.

Besides, I still think that things need to become a lot worse for the average American before they take any actions against any government.  
As I have always stated. We do always have the government that we deserve.

What do you mean by that statement ?

What do they need to do or what do they need to change ?

Is their platform not clear ?

Is their platform not inclusive or appealing to those whom they need to secure the election in numbers to meet their goal ?

You have made this type of statement several times and I am just not clear what you think the Democrats need to do to better win over people.

Is there a clear message coming from their candidates ?

Is it what the people in various communities around the country want to hear?

Do they need a better GOTV strategy?

I am asking, rker321 - just for clarity of your post.   WHAT do you think they need to do ?  Move left or move more towards the center ?

Economic,  financial and personal experience data is gonna be a big deal to lots of people in the coming election.  Many people don't look too much past their own pocketbooks and day to day living experiences.  So I see all this as a determining factor in the up and coming election.

Right now things look pretty good - COLA data, which will come out just a few days before the election,  is now on track to be the biggest in recent history - maybe in a decade.  Seniors should by then be hearing about any new benefits which Medicare Advantage plans will be offering in 2019.  Seniors will also be able to see the closing of the donut hole a year earlier and whether or not this Administration has kept the price of medicines down - 

There maybe new, different and less costly health insurance policies available in the individual marketplace for those not getting a premium subsidy.

More people are working and wages are rising - abiet slowly for a lot of reasons.

Now whether any good things which a person is experiencing at the time offset whatever they might consider bad things, if any in their mind - I don't know.

Think about why the average American votes the way they do - especially those who don't keep up with any current events - or what might be the "buzz of the day" and just vote for what is happening in their life - big or small stuff.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 26

@rker321 wrote:

I have no doubt that your cartoon could become true,  Personally I don't have too much faith in the Democrats being able to win elections. To date they haven't learned on how to do so.

Another falsehood posted.  According to Corey Lewandowski, since 2016 Democrats have won 50 seats that were GOP seats. But he too was wrong, as of 2/18 it was 36.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 26

Besides, I still think that things need to become a lot worse for the average American before they take any actions against any government.  
As I have always stated. We do always have the government that we deserve.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

After The Election

Message 26 of 26

After the election.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors