Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Affordable Care Act

Message 21 of 63

Being a proud Groucho Marxist, I urge the president to follow his lead:

‘Please accept my resignation. I don’t want to belong to any club (or Party) that would accept people like me as a member’

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Affordable Care Act

Message 22 of 63

When dealing with Trump Lovers / Obama Haters, one must accept the premise that they do not want to work with FACTS. That's why they can say things such as Obamacare is a takeover of the health care industry. Those who deal with facts, realize that is not even close to being true.

Let's examine the numbers as of July 2016 

• There's an estimated 155 million people under age 65 covered by employee sponsored plans. 
  • There are approximately 76 million covered by Medicaid, the government-run programwhich benefits poor people and their children.
  • There are approximately 55 million covered by Medicare, the government program for seniors
  • There's about 11.1 million people are currently covered by Obamacare plans sold via government-run marketplaces.

As you can see, the FACTS prove Obamacare only covers a very small percentage of Americans. The number is significant, but 11 million does not make for a government take over of the industry. There are approximately 256 million Americans coverered under other insurance plans. 

If you read a post written by a Trump Lover/Obama Hater, complaining about a government takeover of health care, the facts prove that allegation is FALSE.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Just more of the insatiable greed of the GOPers - What is amazing is they have so many followers who accept the worst health care system on the planet because the GOPerLords told them fixing it (like the rest of the World has done for decades) will make us Commies, and somehow having a inaccurate label is worst than having the worst health care system among the industrialized nations.

Who said anything about "Commies"? Was it those GOPerLords??

You are the one calling people "neo-marxist".  What do you mean by that term if not Communist?

I attempted to get a rational discussion going on the subject earlier and failed. It took no tome to deteriorate into the swamp of "Der Trumpster", "you're baiting", "GOPerLords", defenses of Obama and Hillary, attacks on our President and "repugs".

I posted how to get a free copy of writings of Marx and I have no idea who followed up but the comments indicated a total lack of interest in actually understanding the topic.

Were I to try with you, there would be posts about "off topic" and "dead horse" from the Klatch.

So, I ask you a simple question and you turn it into an attack.  You were the one calling people neo-marxists because they were talking socialized medicine (within topic).  You saying somebody is off-topic is ironic and an obvious attempt at bullying given your usual posts.  The views and behaviors that you display on these forums have all the earmarks of somebody who wants to feel more successful and powerful than they are by regurgitating talking points from the "in-group" and hoping you will become part of it by saying what "they" want you to say.   I am not saying that is you, but that is the behavior and views you continually demonstrate.  So now you are free to try and insult and bully me, but I could not really care less.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 63

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Just more of the insatiable greed of the GOPers - What is amazing is they have so many followers who accept the worst health care system on the planet because the GOPerLords told them fixing it (like the rest of the World has done for decades) will make us Commies, and somehow having a inaccurate label is worst than having the worst health care system among the industrialized nations.

You are the one calling people "neo-marxist".  What do you mean by that term if not Communist?

I attempted to get a rational discussion going on the subject earlier and failed. It took no tome to deteriorate into the swamp of "Der Trumpster", "you're baiting", "GOPerLords", defenses of Obama and Hillary, attacks on our President and "repugs".

I posted how to get a free copy of writings of Marx and I have no idea who followed up but the comments indicated a total lack of interest in actually understanding the topic.

Were I to try with you, there would be posts about "off topic" and "dead horse" from the Klatch.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 63

With the changes that are coming for all. we have finally arrived as to what I have been saying now for many years right in this message board.

WE FINALLY HAVE THE HOVERNMENT THAT WE ALL DESERVE.

And we can see that without a doubt with the incident  that just happened in Montana.  what kind of people are we putting in DC to take care of Americans.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 63

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"There was no need to take over the entire health insurance business"

That is completely FALSE. The ACA was written with and for private insurance companies.

There are an estimated 155 million people under age 65 covered by health plans. Just 11.1 million people are currently covered by Obamacare plans sold via government-run marketplaces.

That is true only if you endorse the Fascist economic model.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Affordable Care Act

Message 28 of 63

"There was no need to take over the entire health insurance business"

That is completely FALSE. The ACA was written with and for private insurance companies.

There are an estimated 155 million people under age 65 covered by health plans. Just 11.1 million people are currently covered by Obamacare plans sold via government-run marketplaces.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 63

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 63

Kudos
Views