Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Affordable Care Act

Message 11 of 63

RK,  I do have a question for you. Many times, I have requested that you delete previous posts that have nothing to do with your own post, due to the fact that they become unreadable.
Why is it that you feel that you don't owe us the courtesy with providing posts that should be amicable in the manner that they can be read and continue with what you feel, without caring about anyone else regarding yoru posts I will now do what I should have done from the beginning I will complain to the Moderators and see what they can do about any of this,

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 63

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The insatiable RW ignores the redistribution of $1.4T each year from the middle class to the very top of the 1%. This happened while the measurable productivity of the workers gained them nothing but the simple position of the 1% raised their incomes by 300%.

And the wingers have the audacity to call thsoe who stole the profits from the ones who created them "producers".  All they "produce" is lower wages for everyone below them in the heirachy, and now their POTUS wants to strip away all the entitlements that the 99% EARNED by creating the middle Class in the first place by growing the economy.

I don't know about those "insatiables" but we "intelligents" know that letting people keep a wee bit more of the money they earned is not giving them anything - it was theirs to start with despite your theory of all money belonging to the central government (but "don't call me commie").

As to "audacity" - if someone does not invest his own (earned) money to create a business which provides needed goods and services as well as jobs, who creates the jobs, the government (but "don't call me commie").

"Entitlements" - can you show where anyone wants to "strip away all"? Or is that just one of "those" facts?

And "earned" - did the job producers not create the middle class also by producing those jobs?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 63

The insatiable RW ignores the redistribution of $1.4T each year from the middle class to the very top of the 1%. This happened while the measurable productivity of the workers gained them nothing but the simple position of the 1% raised their incomes by 300%.

And the wingers have the audacity to call thsoe who stole the profits from the ones who created them "producers".  All they "produce" is lower wages for everyone below them in the heirachy, and now their POTUS wants to strip away all the entitlements that the 99% EARNED by creating the middle Class in the first place by growing the economy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 63

The Trump replacement for PPACA will cause 34 MILLION Americans who now have health insurance to lose it and all that so GOPers can eliminate the inheritance tax which is only paid by the richest 60,000 Americans and the Alternative Minimum Tax, which was the ONLY tax paid by Der Trumper hisself and a couple million Uberrich who have fantastic accountants.

The Trump Budget will cut disability payments for about 9 million Americans to almost nothing, eliminate food programs for children and infants entirely and allow Social Security to drop it's benefits by 40% by 2034.

No pain only gain for the 1%, all paid for by the 99%, including the 26% who voted for him.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 63

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Just more of the insatiable greed of the GOPers - What is amazing is they have so many followers who accept the worst health care system on the planet because the GOPerLords told them fixing it (like the rest of the World has done for decades) will make us Commies, and somehow having a inaccurate label is worst than having the worst health care system among the industrialized nations.

Who said anything about "Commies"? Was it those GOPerLords??

You are the one calling people "neo-marxist".  What do you mean by that term if not Communist?

I attempted to get a rational discussion going on the subject earlier and failed. It took no tome to deteriorate into the swamp of "Der Trumpster", "you're baiting", "GOPerLords", defenses of Obama and Hillary, attacks on our President and "repugs".

I posted how to get a free copy of writings of Marx and I have no idea who followed up but the comments indicated a total lack of interest in actually understanding the topic.

Were I to try with you, there would be posts about "off topic" and "dead horse" from the Klatch.

So, I ask you a simple question and you turn it into an attack.  You were the one calling people neo-marxists because they were talking socialized medicine (within topic).  You saying somebody is off-topic is ironic and an obvious attempt at bullying given your usual posts.  The views and behaviors that you display on these forums have all the earmarks of somebody who wants to feel more successful and powerful than they are by regurgitating talking points from the "in-group" and hoping you will become part of it by saying what "they" want you to say.   I am not saying that is you, but that is the behavior and views you continually demonstrate.  So now you are free to try and insult and bully me, but I could not really care less.

Not an attack - truth. I started a topic about the Progressive Movement as being based on Marxist principles.

I did not refer to off topic, I accurately referred to the deterioration of the discussion. And then your mask comes off and "bullying given your usual posts" and then the "earmarks" thing.

Back to your question - have you obtained your copy of Marx's writings so we can openly and honestly discuss your interest in "neoMarxism"?

You are the one classifying everything as neoMarxist, not me.  I posted earlier how it was not possible for Healthcare to be "Free Market" based, due to the lack of "Perfect Information" available to the consumers, but you did not respond.

Not everything - the Progressive Movement.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 63

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Medicaid has been offering health care to the poor for decades. Obamacare expanded the program and made it easier for states to implement the new expansion. But Medicaid was not a creation of Obamacare.

And had he just expanded medicaid as needed I would not have objected. But he rolled it all up into one big package.

What changed with Obamacare is the fact that millions of hard working Americans who couldn't qualify for and/or couldn't afford decent health insurance, can now get it.  100% of that insurance is provided by private companies via the free market.

Not the free market - a highly regulated market.  

The other major change coming from Obamacare was making Preventive Care free to the patient.

But not "free" so someone had to pay for it.

So many lies. the US health insurance market is the LEAST regulated of all industrialized countries which is why it is also the most expensive and least effective at delivering care. The only place our insurance is not a "free market" is in the warped minds of GOPers who think a return to the age of the Robber Barons will make things MUCH better...for the Robber Barons.

And to a large extent is is FREE because it has REDUCED the cost of health care by many billions of dollars from what it would've been without PPACA, so the care you receive at the lower cost represents a quantity of FREE care. Think is, the benefit is going to ordinary citizens and not Corporations, so GOPers are desperate to end that un-Republican state of affairs and return the money of the 99% to its rightful place in the pockets of the Uberrich. Just another of their myriad income redistribution plots that has been destroying the middle class for a generation.

The radical left considers "wealth redistribution" as "free". It didn't lower the costs - it just shifted who paid for it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Just more of the insatiable greed of the GOPers - What is amazing is they have so many followers who accept the worst health care system on the planet because the GOPerLords told them fixing it (like the rest of the World has done for decades) will make us Commies, and somehow having a inaccurate label is worst than having the worst health care system among the industrialized nations.

You are the one calling people "neo-marxist".  What do you mean by that term if not Communist?

I attempted to get a rational discussion going on the subject earlier and failed. It took no tome to deteriorate into the swamp of "Der Trumpster", "you're baiting", "GOPerLords", defenses of Obama and Hillary, attacks on our President and "repugs".

I posted how to get a free copy of writings of Marx and I have no idea who followed up but the comments indicated a total lack of interest in actually understanding the topic.

Were I to try with you, there would be posts about "off topic" and "dead horse" from the Klatch.

So, I ask you a simple question and you turn it into an attack.  You were the one calling people neo-marxists because they were talking socialized medicine (within topic).  You saying somebody is off-topic is ironic and an obvious attempt at bullying given your usual posts.  The views and behaviors that you display on these forums have all the earmarks of somebody who wants to feel more successful and powerful than they are by regurgitating talking points from the "in-group" and hoping you will become part of it by saying what "they" want you to say.   I am not saying that is you, but that is the behavior and views you continually demonstrate.  So now you are free to try and insult and bully me, but I could not really care less.

Not an attack - truth. I started a topic about the Progressive Movement as being based on Marxist principles.

I did not refer to off topic, I accurately referred to the deterioration of the discussion. And then your mask comes off and "bullying given your usual posts" and then the "earmarks" thing.

Back to your question - have you obtained your copy of Marx's writings so we can openly and honestly discuss your interest in "neoMarxism"?

You are the one classifying everything as neoMarxist, not me.  I posted earlier how it was not possible for Healthcare to be "Free Market" based, due to the lack of "Perfect Information" available to the consumers, but you did not respond.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 63

@CriticalThinking wrote:

When dealing with Trump Lovers / Obama Haters, one must accept the premise that they do not want to work with FACTS. That's why they can say things such as Obamacare is a takeover of the health care industry. Those who deal with facts, realize that is not even close to being true.

Let's examine the numbers as of July 2016 

• There's an estimated 155 million people under age 65 covered by employee sponsored plans. 
  • There are approximately 76 million covered by Medicaid, the government-run programwhich benefits poor people and their children.
  • There are approximately 55 million covered by Medicare, the government program for seniors
  • There's about 11.1 million people are currently covered by Obamacare plans sold via government-run marketplaces.

As you can see, the FACTS prove Obamacare only covers a very small percentage of Americans. The number is significant, but 11 million does not make for a government take over of the industry.

And in game 7 of the 2016 World Series, the Cubs beat the Indians 8-7.

Now that we have disposed of some more irrelevant data, let's get back to the control the federal government has over the insurance industry due to Obamacare, shall we??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 63

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Medicaid has been offering health care to the poor for decades. Obamacare expanded the program and made it easier for states to implement the new expansion. But Medicaid was not a creation of Obamacare.

And had he just expanded medicaid as needed I would not have objected. But he rolled it all up into one big package.

What changed with Obamacare is the fact that millions of hard working Americans who couldn't qualify for and/or couldn't afford decent health insurance, can now get it.  100% of that insurance is provided by private companies via the free market.

Not the free market - a highly regulated market.  

The other major change coming from Obamacare was making Preventive Care free to the patient.

But not "free" so someone had to pay for it.

So many lies. the US health insurance market is the LEAST regulated of all industrialized countries which is why it is also the most expensive and least effective at delivering care. The only place our insurance is not a "free market" is in the warped minds of GOPers who think a return to the age of the Robber Barons will make things MUCH better...for the Robber Barons.

And to a large extent is is FREE because it has REDUCED the cost of health care by many billions of dollars from what it would've been without PPACA, so the care you receive at the lower cost represents a quantity of FREE care. Think is, the benefit is going to ordinary citizens and not Corporations, so GOPers are desperate to end that un-Republican state of affairs and return the money of the 99% to its rightful place in the pockets of the Uberrich. Just another of their myriad income redistribution plots that has been destroying the middle class for a generation.

Kudos
Views