Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Affordable Care Act

Message 1 of 63

It is very difficult for me to understand the Obama haters/Trump lovers. although I can see that a common citizen only sees their needs or their community needs.
But what I cannot understand is the members of Congress. Those are people that are educated and fairly intelligent individuals and yet, many of them behave in such a manner that is difficult to see where in the world have they been, and whose interests are they promoting.
I cannot understand  how many of them don't put Country above Party. and that to me is the most important part of all of this.Whether you are a Republican or a Democrat, whether you have different ideologies  there are things that you cannot become blind and refuse to understand.

I can see the guy next door doing that kind of thing but our own Congressmen? don't they recognize the responsibility that they owe all of us.? What are we all going to do? If many resist they are called neo marxists, and if they don't aprove of Democrats they are calle autocrats, etc. 
When are we all going to sit down and put reality in our lives.?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Affordable Care Act

Message 2 of 63

When dealing with Trump Lovers / Obama Haters, one must accept the premise that they do not want to work with FACTS. That's why they can say things such as Obamacare is a takeover of the health care industry. Those who deal with facts, realize that is not even close to being true.

Let's examine the numbers as of July 2016 

• There's an estimated 155 million people under age 65 covered by employee sponsored plans. 
  • There are approximately 76 million covered by Medicaid, the government-run program which benefits poor people and their children.
  • There are approximately 55 million covered by Medicare, the government program for seniors
  • There's about 11.1 million people are currently covered by Obamacare plans sold via government-run marketplaces.

As you can see, the FACTS prove Obamacare only covers a very small percentage of Americans. The number is significant, but 11 million does not make for a government take over of the industry. There are approximately 256 million Americans coverered under other insurance plans. 

If you read a post written by a Trump Lover/Obama Hater, complaining about a government takeover of health care, the facts prove that allegation is FALSE. Since we know Trump Lovers ignore facts, a logical, detailed argument will not impress them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"There was no need to take over the entire health insurance business"

That is completely FALSE. The ACA was written with and for private insurance companies.

There are an estimated 155 million people under age 65 covered by health plans. Just 11.1 million people are currently covered by Obamacare plans sold via government-run marketplaces.

That is true only if you endorse the Fascist economic model.

No, it is ALWAYS true because that's reality. Der Trumper is the neoFascist, driving the Nation toward rule by a Corporate Oligarchy where the unelected Uberrich direct the affairs of Government via the bought-and-paid-for GOP who usurp political power from unlimited financial support and the Mighty Gerrymander to overcome the fact they represent a tiny minority of Americans..

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 63

Call the number that AARP has posted, it takes you to your own Senator and let them know how you feel about the AHCA. 

Also, I posted information on my FB page and already have had lots of people calling. 
All these Senators need to know that their constituents are not going to tolerate this type of bill that will gut so many things that Americans need.

Mulvany lied to Senator Bernie Sanders and told him that this law would not touch Medicaid. can you believe that? NO. just 800 Billion dollars cut. 
How can they lie publicly in that manner and then think that the public is that stupid.  1-844-222-0110

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 63

Call the number that AARP has posted, it takes you to your own Senator and let them know how you feel about the ACA. 

Also, I posted information on my FB page and already have had lots of people calling. 
All these Senators need to know that their constituents are not going to tolerate this type of bill that will gut so many things that Americans need.

Mulvany lied to Senator Bernie Sanders and told him that this law would not touch Medicaid. can you believe that? NO. just 800 Billion dollars cut. 
How can the lie publicly in that manner and then think that the public is that stupid.  1-844-222-0110

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 63

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Back to your question - have you obtained your copy of Marx's writings so we can openly and honestly discuss your interest in "neoMarxism"?

Why don't you simply start a topic of your own on your "neo-marxism", instead of bringing it up in so many other topics that others start? It's your best shot at getting open and honest adult discussion about it.

Sorry, sp, chas says I cannot address the issue you raised.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 63

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And "earned" - did the job producers not create the middle class also by producing those jobs?

The rich are not "job producers".  DEMAND creates the need for products and services = jobs. The rich take advantage of a situation of demand and create a business to fill that demand, they do it for profit, they don't do it to create or "produce jobs". Unfortunately, their greed has induced them to leave the country to take advantage of poverty wages in order to make even more money from the demand that created the need for jobs. This is adding to the income and wealth disparity that we see today. Anyone thinking that this is good for the 99% in this country is looking at things sideways.

Let's go back to the Acme Widget Company. It has 500 employees and fulfills a need in the population for widgets.

At some point in history it did not exist. So, how did we get from A to B? Did the Commissar of Widgets build the plant and equipment, purchase the supplies, hire the employees, pay the power bills, etc. - Or did some clever person recognize that there was a buck to be made in widgets, invested his own money or found backers and created that Company??

Or did your theory make it happen - all of a sudden there was a demand and - poof - there was the factory.

Try to approach that point without the biases about "the rich", and just look at the practical realities.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

RK,  I do have a question for you. Many times, I have requested that you delete previous posts that have nothing to do with your own post, due to the fact that they become unreadable.
Why is it that you feel that you don't owe us the courtesy with providing posts that should be amicable in the manner that they can be read and continue with what you feel, without caring about anyone else regarding yoru posts I will now do what I should have done from the beginning I will complain to the Moderators and see what they can do about any of this,

I would be only to happy to give "us" the courtesy were it not for your constant insults like this post targeting me and ignoring anyone else involved in those "chain letters". 

If you feel that the moderators will share your bias as to who is involved in the "chain letters" I guess we shall see what we shall see.

Meanwhile, do you have any comments on the ACA (the actual topic)?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

Back to your question - have you obtained your copy of Marx's writings so we can openly and honestly discuss your interest in "neoMarxism"?

Why don't you simply start a topic of your own on your "neo-marxism", instead of bringing it up in so many other topics that others start? It's your best shot at getting open and honest adult discussion about it.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

And "earned" - did the job producers not create the middle class also by producing those jobs?

The rich are not "job producers".  DEMAND creates the need for products and services = jobs. The rich take advantage of a situation of demand and create a business to fill that demand, they do it for profit, they don't do it to create or "produce jobs". Unfortunately, their greed has induced them to leave the country to take advantage of poverty wages in order to make even more money from the demand that created the need for jobs. This is adding to the income and wealth disparity that we see today. Anyone thinking that this is good for the 99% in this country is looking at things sideways.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views