Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Adding Broad New Non-Medical Benefits to 2019 Medicare Advantage Plans - What 's Your Take???

Message 1 of 2

I still have two years until Medicare.  However in my work right now as a Medical Social Worker working with home based patients this very much interests me.  I was recently asked by the daughter of a patient to look into AARP's Plan F provision of paying for at home HHA (home health aide) services.   I have been doing my research and have been told that there is such a provision but they were absolutely no help in how to access this much needed service.  Right now I am working with five patients and their families who are trying to get this figured out.  And time is of the essence in these cases.  

Specifically I have been told there is a life time benefit of $150,000 for HHA or PCA home services.  After 45 days a co pay of some sort kicks in.   Has anyone out there heard about this and how to access?  

Would really appreciate feedback on this.  thank you. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Adding Broad New Non-Medical Benefits to 2019 Medicare Advantage Plans - What 's Your Take???

Message 2 of 2

Do you think this will further increase the number of beneficiaries opting for a Medicare Advantage plan rather than the original Medicare program?  I do.

MA plans already represent about 1/3 of the Medicare beneficiary market - this change may make these plans more attractive to those who are currently in original Medicare.  

PBS - These New Medicare Advantage Benefits Are A Big Deal

WOW, who knows this might be a step in treating the whole person and who knows what endless boundaries this could cross.

• Walk-in Tubs or Wheel Chair Accessble Showers
  • Hearing, Dental, Vision
  • Not to mention those benefits that could help specific chronically ill beneficiaries with their everyday needs

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies