AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Acme Widget Corp.

Message 91 of 137

@MIseker wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Good one @rk9152, your business model has exposed this board... not many executives here, ya think?

Good job!

Expose who, Rk? wow, don't tell me that this is your first encounter with the Widget corporation. is it?

I have known about the Widget corporation since the 90's this is really old stuff.  Wait, I can probably start googling and find hundreds of examples that blow the Widget corporation out of the water. 
He really need to become more modern and provide examples that are more actual with the present corporations.

it exposes an active imagination that sees commies behind every tree. lol. for all the ballyhoo about the marxists and collectivists here, you wont see an example of a post. unless of course they use a nom de plume and do it themselves.

Don't confuse things with "commies" and the rest. This is about two things - 1) either you agree with or do not agree with worker co-ops; 2) if you agree, how do you get there.

Try to stick with that - it saves unnecessary bickering.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 137

@Panjandrum wrote:

alotofgrey:  Really? Who are “there are those”?

Apparently it's anyone who thinks it's out of whack that a CEO makes hundreds of times what his employees make to the point of people needing foodstamps even though they work full time.

Since I was responding to grey, you'll have to be more specific as to your point.

But I do not think the topic is anyone agreeing with the wage disparity  or foodstamps you are unhappy with. The topic is how do you get to an alternative.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 137

@MIseker wrote:

Those posters a certainly not on this board. I have not seen one person speak for what you portray, and if someone does drop me a note in the mail. Not one person here is for a total collectivism, or marxism. Someone is painting air castles to shoot at.

"Total" - are there posters here for "partial" collectivism, "partial" Marxism??

But then, let's not talk about "posters". Let's keep it between us Guys (generic). I know what I think. I assume you know what you think. Let's not concern ourselves with what others may think.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 137

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

The issue is the average CEO whose pay is 335 times that of their workers.  They do deserve more, but 335 times is ridiculous.  The top of society are getting ahead at the determent of the average worker and, in the process, destroying the middle class.  That is the problem that needs to be solved.

No, that is your issue. There are others who see such a corporate environment as ideal.

As to your issue - fine, how do you fix it?? Shall we have all wages (and prices?) government regulated?

Well, in Germany the CEOs make about 145 times as much and in Japan it is about 70 times as much.  So, to maximize profits, maybe all of these Publicly held companies should go overseas?  I don't how you can consider it ideal, just take a look at what has happened and what is happening to the middle class.  In 1965 the CEO to worker pay ratio was about 20 to 1. 

Fine - I understand where you want us to be, how do we get there?

A carrot and stick method.  Personally, I would use the tax code.  You need to determine what a fair rate of compensation compared to average employees should be.  Companies that exceed this would be penalized by not being allowed to deduct excess CEO wages as an expense.  Companies that are below the rate, could be offered extra tax incentives.  Or, we can just stick with what we are doing where a front line worker working for one of the richest families in America has to receive food stamps just to survive.

Before I will respond to another question, you have to explain what you want to do, or why the present situation is ideal.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 137

@Richva wrote:

What idiot would want a business structure like that? No Progressive ever would, I can assure you. 

I would not consider calling a fellow poster an "idiot". So, I'll just sit back and await self-declarations.

I believe that some would like a "boss"- less, CEO-less and stockholder-less business environment. We'll have to wait for them to step up to the plate - or we can drop the whole silly idea and stick with free market capitalism.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 137

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Gee, any company that succeeds on it's own without government intervention is fine with me. As to anything different, I think that is great. As an example, we both agree that Mondragon was a great experiment that worked. It, however, was not government action - the only thing I disagree with.  And  who in this post has called for government intervention? I am afraid that you may have misunderstood the posters. and yes the Mondragon example has proven that such an organization can flourish even with globalization.

This topic comes up due to the call for some posters for the government to intervene and change the current situation - you know, the hatred for the 1%ers, Plutocrats, Oligarchs, Uberrich, etc.  Frankly I don't care about the 1% or the Plutocrats , Oligarchs,Uberrich,  those are simply labels.
We are suppose to be discussing  The Widget Corp  and how other styles of corporations could be successful also. so, again, don't bring issues that I have not seen anyone even mentioning.

First point, if the point is that employee co-ops without government intervention are a good thing - we are in agreement. 

Your second point, again you and I are in agreement. But there may be other points of view on these boards desiring government intervention to bring about such co-ops or to create them out of existing entities via salary controls.

And there may be other points of view on these boards that the earth is flat or that Martians are living freely among us but I will wait to see them out themselves rather than making claims about them that are probably not true.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 137

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Gee, any company that succeeds on it's own without government intervention is fine with me. As to anything different, I think that is great. As an example, we both agree that Mondragon was a great experiment that worked. It, however, was not government action - the only thing I disagree with.  And  who in this post has called for government intervention? I am afraid that you may have misunderstood the posters. and yes the Mondragon example has proven that such an organization can flourish even with globalization.

This topic comes up due to the call for some posters for the government to intervene and change the current situation - you know, the hatred for the 1%ers, Plutocrats, Oligarchs, Uberrich, etc.  Frankly I don't care about the 1% or the Plutocrats , Oligarchs,Uberrich,  those are simply labels.
We are suppose to be discussing  The Widget Corp  and how other styles of corporations could be successful also. so, again, don't bring issues that I have not seen anyone even mentioning.

First point, if the point is that employee co-ops without government intervention are a good thing - we are in agreement. 

Your second point, again you and I are in agreement. But there may be other points of view on these boards desiring government intervention to bring about such co-ops or to create them out of existing entities via salary controls.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 137

@rker321 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Good one @rk9152, your business model has exposed this board... not many executives here, ya think?

Good job!

Expose who, Rk? wow, don't tell me that this is your first encounter with the Widget corporation. is it?

I have known about the Widget corporation since the 90's this is really old stuff.  Wait, I can probably start googling and find hundreds of examples that blow the Widget corporation out of the water. 
He really need to become more modern and provide examples that are more actual with the present corporations.

it exposes an active imagination that sees commies behind every tree. lol. for all the ballyhoo about the marxists and collectivists here, you wont see an example of a post. unless of course they use a nom de plume and do it themselves.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 137

alotofgrey:  Really? Who are “there are those”?

Apparently it's anyone who thinks it's out of whack that a CEO makes hundreds of times what his employees make to the point of people needing foodstamps even though they work full time.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 137

@myexper wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Good job!

Hardly .... You need not be an "executive" to realize that a business model based on an unlikely assumption actually "exposes" an amateur as its creator!

It is hard to determine what that means beyond a slam at jim but, bottom line - do you like the end result of the Acme Widget Corp. as proposed? If so, how do you see it coming about?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22