Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Abortion

Message 31 of 50

@rker321 wrote:

Many times in this message board I have stated, that I personally would not even consider the opinion of any male regarding the termination of a pregnancy.

I truly believe that they have nothing to contribute to this discussion.

I will hear and accept the opinion of any female whether they agree with lyterminations of not. but males. ?   sorry, I don't tell you when to get a vasectomy, or to wear rubbers, or to become celibate.

Therefore, males do not tell me or any women what will their decision should be regarding this issue. I still to this date will quote Laura Bush who in her book stated. "A termination of a pregnancy is the most intimate  decision that any woman will make in her lifetime"
Therefore, males, argue about whatever you wish, but not on this subject. you know nothing about females when it comes to this issue.

What sexist nonsense, rker.  Though sadly, your blindness prevented you from seeing most males supported "choice", not telling anyone what they should do with that choice.  THINKing is a virtue.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 50

Many times in this message board I have stated, that I personally would not even consider the opinion of any male regarding the termination of a pregnancy.

I truly believe that they have nothing to contribute to this discussion.

I will hear and accept the opinion of any female whether they agree with terminations of not. but males. ?   sorry, I don't tell you when to get a vasectomy, or to wear rubbers, or to become celibate.

Therefore, males do not tell me or any women what will their decision should be regarding this issue. I still to this date will quote Laura Bush who in her book stated. "A termination of a pregnancy is the most intimate  decision that any woman will make in her lifetime"
Therefore, males, argue about whatever you wish, but not on this subject. you know nothing about females when it comes to this issue.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 50

@Soosie wrote:
@the son (my godson) and daughter-in-law of a lifelong friend discovered after an ultrasound and an MRI - that at four months their baby had developed abnormally, would die long before nine months, and would undoubtedly threaten the life of the mother, and had to be aborted... Was that murder? @Alferd.......Since it has been discussed at great lengths and at least a few on the board told me I am fine to have my own PERSONAL opinion, I wonder why you would ask me for an opinion about a decision made within you own family or extention of your family. This almost makes me think you are baiting me. Seems the decision has already been made and should I take the bait, it would only be after the fact. I will add this......I have been trying to post in this group for sometime, so most likely I know the personalities here, when some are interchangeable and when I am being baited (most of the time.) I know, I know......silly woman.

You didn't answer any of the questions - that's your choice...

I agree - it's fine for you to have your own personal opinion....

However - it's not ok to attempt to accuse others of murder when they are acting lawfully and Constitutionally - and not committing murder...

Rants like the emotional and totally unscientific and fact-free rant that constitutes the original topic post tends to cause many people to turn away from them...

In the original post - where is the scientific, legal, and religious proof that the fetus is not part of a woman's body, and is not totally dependent upon the woman's body?

It's widely known that the majority of fetuses cannot survive on their own outside the woman's body without extraordinary and extraordinarily expensive medical assistance for the first five or six months of their existence - more than half of the duration of most pregnancies...

There's an allegation - but no supporting proof at all...

It's my personal opinion - one to which I'm entitled - that the allegations in the original post are reckless fact-free allegations...

Been there - in 1974 - when a girlfriend quite independently decided to abort her pregnancy - I paid for her abortion, and financially supported her move away from me for about four months afterward - it's how I've always rolled...

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 50
The son (my godson) and daughter-in-law of a lifelong friend discovered after an ultrasound and an MRI - that at four months their baby had developed abnormally, would die long before nine months, and would undoubtedly threaten the life of the mother, and had to be aborted... Was that murder? @Alferd.......Since it has been discussed at great lengths and at least a few on the board told me I am fine to have my own PERSONAL opinion, I wonder why you would ask me for an opinion about a decision made within you own family or extention of your family. This almost makes me think you are baiting me. Seems the decision has already been made and should I take the bait, it would only be after the fact. I will add this......I have been trying to post in this group for sometime, so most likely I know the personalities here, when some are interchangeable and when I am being baited (most of the time.) I know, I know......silly woman.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 50

@Olderscout66 wrote:

I find it disturbing the self-proclaimed Christians demand a fetus be born into a life of poverty and abuse that will end horribly for its entire family when an alternative is for the blameless soul of that fetus return to our heavenly father.

An interesting approach - since the parent is abusive, kill the baby.

And state it sanctimoniously!!!  I'm sure Our Heavenly Father smiles down on that idea.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 50

I find it disturbing the self-proclaimed Christians demand a fetus be born into a life of poverty and abuse that will end horribly for its entire family when an alternative is for the blameless soul of that fetus return to our heavenly father.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 50

@mickstuder wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
I do understand your view regarding human life. @umbarch64.......Thanks for a well written, sensible response. Yes, there are choices. You and I just don't happen to agree on when the choice is to be made. Yes, I do know there are "shades of grey". I happen to think that life begins at conception. As for the choice for the mother and father, they make the choice before the baby is the fetus that so many think is a non-person or non-life. I think there are many who are casual in their practice for safe sex and expect the "situation" to be taken care of.
I am the Mom of an adopted child. I am grateful to the woman who chose to give birth to him even if it was not a time in her life where a baby was a good addition. She gave birth and put him up for adoption. She gave birth and I took over as Mom to a wonderful gift. We wanted another child, but with so many abortions, it was going to be years before we could get another baby because we had one. Can you prove to me the "fetus", living being" to me has no pain? I think some use guesswork. A bit like thinking an animal does not hurt because they can't talk to you. Now, I suspect you will surely know that I have a right to my beliefs as well.

There is NO LAW in the USA that says anyone has to have a Abortion..........................

There is also No Shortage of Children in the USA who have No Parent in the Picture and are living in Foster Care and RIGHT NOW there are hundreds more that Trump has placed in Cages after their parents were Deported without them who will never be able to locate their birth parents

This Abortion Debate is always agravating for me

1. Republicans want every fertilized human egg to be born - but then they want them to suffer - the GOP and now Trump is constantly cutting

School Lunch Programs

After School Care

Pre-school

Food Stamps

Childrens Healthcare

College Educations put Children behind the 8 ball for the first 35 years of their lives

2. When a kid reaches 18 Corporate USA wants to send them to Foreign Country to protect their raping of all other Countries Natural Resources like their

Gold - Oil - Natural Gas - Rhodium - Ruthenium - Iridium - Osmium - Palladium - Rhenium.

So you know what @Soosie - I don't know if a fetus feels pain - but I know first-hand Children who the GOP fights hard for their Birth - have no clue and if they do they could care less - the pain they cause those babies when they grow up and are used by them as pawns to make their buddies rich.......................

3. Religious Finatics want the Government to pass all these laws because they are incapable of convincing Americans in the Pulpit

Another angry poster using the killing of babies as a vehicle to call for wealth redistribution and a religious attack. 

Why is it righteous for one side to call for support of a child but being Religious "Finatics" to want to save the life of a child?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 50

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Has any Republican anywhere EVER proposed INCREASING funding to aid  pregnant women and newborns?

NO, of course not.

It's just a way they keep dimwitted Fundies pulling the R lever election day - Republicans have absolutily NO consideration for the CHILD, only that the Mother have no say in whether or not she bears her rapist's spawn.

All GOPers will do is increase the number of dead mothers back to the levels we had before Roe v Wade. The Republicans know this and do not care.

Everything is about wealth redistribution and religious attacks to you.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 50

@Soosie- i have some shades of gray for you to consider regarding what is and is not murder.

What about physical methods of preventing spermatozoa and ovum from coming into contact - ie condom, diaphragm, spermicides etc?

Is tying fallopian tubes murder?

What about vasectomy?

What of hormonal methods (the pill) of preventing periodic release of an ovum?

What of IUDs - one of which causes cervical mucus to thicken, preventing the sperm from being able to reach the ovum - or the copper based one, which changes the chemistry of the uterus, making it poisonous to sperm?

Some kinds of hormonal birth control drugs as well as some IUDs additionally tend to hinder successful implantation of a fertilized egg.

I've read some opinions claiming - without empirically proved factual evidence to prove it - that some claim that fertilization of an ovum is the beginning of life...

But - there's something that must be understood and considered...

Whether one says that god or evolution made the human female body to be the way it is - the irrefutable fact remains that fully half - that's right - 50% of fertilized eggs fail to implant and remain implanted - making either god or evolution - depending upon who is to be blamed - the greatest abortionist/murderer in history.

The son (my godson) and daughter-in-law of a lifelong friend discovered after an ultrasound and an MRI - that at four months their baby had developed abnormally, would die long before nine months, and would undoubtedly threaten the life of the mother, and had to be aborted...     Was that murder?

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 50

Has any Republican anywhere EVER proposed INCREASING funding to aid  pregnant women and newborns?

NO, of course not.

It's just a way they keep dimwitted Fundies pulling the R lever election day - Republicans have absolutily NO consideration for the CHILD, only that the Mother have no say in whether or not she bears her rapist's spawn.

All GOPers will do is increase the number of dead mothers back to the levels we had before Roe v Wade. The Republicans know this and do not care.

Kudos
Views