If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Abortion

Message 11 of 50

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rker321

Not quite sure where you are going with this. It is a woman’s right to have the final decision. 

But even rk commented on preventative measures. The decision is yours, and it’s not the government or others right to interfere. Couples should consider

input from each other. 

But, instead of spending so much energy on the end result with an abortion, why not spend more effort on education, protection, birth control, and prevention? To assist in

not having to even make a choice to have abortion. 

....and, adoption.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 50

@rker321

Not quite sure where you are going with this. It is a woman’s right to have the final decision. 

But even rk commented on preventative measures. The decision is yours, and it’s not the government or others right to interfere. Couples should consider

input from each other. 

But, instead of spending so much energy on the end result with an abortion, why not spend more effort on education, protection, birth control, and prevention? To assist in

not having to even make a choice to have abortion. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 50

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rker321

Sometimes not every point needs to be contested, and like I posted, maybe a little understanding is in order. 

I have tons of understanding. but unfortunately is the  men that actually  I hear the hardest on this issue either  for or against  terminations as if they think that they have  the right to make that   decision.

Please note that I always have supported letting the woman make her choice - and have always supported that choice - the extent of my involvement has been to try to understand.

I have - and always will - consistently tell males who believe they have a right to tell women what to do - that they don't deserve to retain their genitals...

What rker chooses to ignore, the issue is prohibiting abortions or 'a couple's/woman's choice.  Not who gets to make the "choice".

It IS a hoot though when she posts, "I do not consider the male specie to have the brains to really understand this issue." and then claims, "See that I have said some men. not all". Bizarre indeed!

Apparently, at least one doesn't understand the difference between "providing input" and "making a decision".  I worry about these confused individuals giving advice to anyone.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 50

321 - your earlier comments on men vs women missed one key point. Vasectomies and rubbers and similar processes and implements for women prevent pregnancy. Abortion terminates a life.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 50

@rker321 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rker321

Sometimes not every point needs to be contested, and like I posted, maybe a little understanding is in order. 

I have tons of understanding. but unfortunately is the  men that actually  I hear the hardest on this issue either  for or against  terminations as if they think that they have  the right to make that   decision.

Please note that I always have supported letting the woman make her choice - and have always supported that choice - the extent of my involvement has been to try to understand.

I have - and always will - consistently tell males who believe they have a right to tell women what to do - that they don't deserve to retain their genitals...

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 50

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rker321

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 50

@rker321

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 50

@smca wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

abortion.jpg

Soosie You have a right to your opinion but not to misrepresentation of the opposing side's opinions and actions.  Your choice of graphics indicates a full or almost-full term fetus.  Who is advocating that: abortion of a viable fetus?  Insults don't help your case either - logic impaired indeed!

Based on CDC data for 2014 (latest I could find), the majority, about 2/3 of abortions, occur before the fetus gestational stage of 8 weeks and about 92% before the 13th week.  BTW, they also indicate that earlier abortions as a % of the total are increasing and that the # of abortions per year has been decreasing for years.

Here are some other graphics depicting early gestational periods.

Screenshot (16).png

Excellent points, smca....

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 50

@Soosie wrote:

abortion.jpg

Soosie You have a right to your opinion but not to misrepresentation of the opposing side's opinions and actions.  Your choice of graphics indicates a full or almost-full term fetus.  Who is advocating that: abortion of a viable fetus?  Insults don't help your case either - logic impaired indeed!

Based on CDC data for 2014 (latest I could find), the majority, about 2/3 of abortions, occur before the fetus gestational stage of 8 weeks and about 92% before the 13th week.  BTW, they also indicate that earlier abortions as a % of the total are increasing and that the # of abortions per year has been decreasing for years.

Here are some other graphics depicting early gestational periods.

Screenshot (16).png

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 50

I am very sorry that you guys don't agree with me on this one, and it has nothing to do with lack of faith  on men. It has to do with the fact that a child for woman is a responsibility that never ends. and unfortutately for some men is a responsibility that doesn't exist. See that I have said some men. not all. but when it comes to that decision they all want to have input. and that is what I am refeffing to. sometines the input of some are not the best input that we should hear.                       

Kudos
Views