Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Abortion

Message 51 of 106

Dare I mention the option of just not getting pregnant  ( when rape and incest were not an issue)?

Probably not

Burnhaven
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 106

@rker321 wrote:

Centrist. for  divorced individuals  we really bicker a lot. Well, you might recall, that's why I gave in and let you keep the pool.

On this subject. I am right and you are wong. There's that "A-word" again....

so till another day and another subject.  Be free...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 106

Centrist. for divorced individuals  we really bicker a lot. 
But.really.  On this subject. I am right and you are wong. 
so till another day and another subject.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 106

@rker321 wrote:

You guys come up with the darnest things Of course....that's why we're guys!  And that's why you divorced me.....remember?  Smiley Wink

Females that want to terminate a pregnancy ....which is AFTER they've made a decision....have a complete different point of view than what I have seen posted here.  
Any female that wants a termination does so for inumerable amout of reasons. some very subjective and others objective.  Though you implied earlier it was for their health/safety.  Your posts aren't consistent.

Ex.  the father, dissaperared. Then, the views of the man wouldn't matter, would they?

Cannot actually take off work or the option is not as they are willing to accept.  I'm not sure what that means....

Money.
It was not expected and feel that they cannot handle a pregancy at this time in their lives.  Which is an awesome opportunity to consider adoption.

Health reasons.Which are for the most point, not a point of contention with most pro-lifers....

And I am sure that if I think a little I can come up with a lot more reasons as to why  many of those terminations occur.  Why not think a little" as you say and share it with forum readers....

Of course, there is always the fact that does exist in some women. called neglect.  Who's neglecting who?

So you can all continue to argue about this issue. all you want. well that sure is nice to know.  But if you look at the posts here, the guys aren't "arguing"....just saying.   but in the end. it will be us, that will deal with this subject. and will make the decission that we feel fits our needs.  Arrogance much?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 106

@Indianrock wrote:

A rather broad brush there.   But I would no more try to defend every act and statement ever made by every religion than I would every act or statement made by science.   

Randy...it would sure be helpful to readers if you clicked on the quote button before responding so others knew which post you were responding to.  Thanks for considering it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 106

@rker321 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

The fact that any male that thinks that he has the power over any female in this kind of decission is extremely arrogant.  You confuse "a say" with "power over".....and that's kinda sad.

And  yes it is sad to see any male that thinks that the issue of a termination is an issue in which he has a say so.  The issue is pregnancy....termination is an option....er....uh....choice.  You used the word arrogant to describe men; I think it's arrogant to not consider the views of the other partner. "Consider the views" doesn't mean the man has any "power", it means someone cares enough to consider the view of another they bedded with....doesn't mean they have to agree.  You think men should consider the views of women, yet aren't willing to do the same.  Now which is "arrogant"?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 106

You guys come up with the darnest things 
Females that want to terminate a pregnancy have a complete different point of view than what I have seen posted here.
Any female that wants a termination does so for inumerable amout of reasons. some very subjective and others objective.
Ex.  the father, dissaperared.
Cannot actually take off work or the option is not as they are willing to accept.
Money.
It was not expected and feel that they cannot handle a pregancy at this time in their lives.
Health reasons.
And I am sure that if I think a little I can come up with a lot more reasons as to why  many of those terminations occur.
Of course, there is always the fact that does exist in some women. called neglect.
So you can all continue to argue about this issue. all you want. but in the end. it will be us, that will deal with this subject. and will make the decission that we feel fits our needs.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 106

@Indianrock wrote:

99% of the time I'm on the side of science, but probably not in this case.  Is science some magical force that never makes a mistake and never retracts/corrects previously stated "facts,"   no.

In any event my goal with this post was to find answers to the notion that there are more women dying from abortions now than before Roe v. Wade  --- and the revelation that abortion deaths were labeled as something else prior to 1973 seems to satisfy that.

Science is simply the observation and measurement of the universe. Magic is when you assume observation and measurement must be wrong in a specific case because it interferes with your narrative.  Since all observations and measurements have turned up zero evidence supporting the development of an embryo into a viable human prior to the 14 week mark, abortions at 9 weeks seems a sensible cutoff point. 

You ask if there have been more (annual?) deaths from abortions after 1972 than before. In 1998 and 1999 (the most recent years for which data are available), 14 women died as a result of c.... Since abortion statistics were not kept prior to 1972 because they were illegal, we can never know for sure but I would assume it to be higher than 14 in any particular year. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 106

@Indianrock wrote:

A rather broad brush there.   But I would no more try to defend every act and statement ever made by every religion than I would every act or statement made by science.   

If it is a matter of religion beliefs. then, in that case, how come abortinons have been in our history since probably a woman that didn't want to  be pregnant decided to terminate that pregnancy. 
I can research that, but I do believe that even before Christianity was a religion abortirons already existed.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 106

Burnhaven
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors