Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Abortion: Republican Hypocrites

Message 1 of 110

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Same question for RK which he hasn't answered. Are you in favor of, or opposed to an exception for RAPE?

To all of the troll squad. While I have difficulty with it, I can see the point  of rape, incest and life of the mother, exceptions.

Oh my and how generous of you to give women a small say in what they are allowed to do with their own bodies.

Oh my, you are welcome. I am happy to give you control of your body. it is the body of the baby that I think society should protect.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 110

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I think the issue is an easy one.  Two options.....

1.  Hold a referendum on Nov 3, 2020....it will increase voter turnout; OR

2.  If you are against abortion, don't have one.

It really is that simple, why make the issue more difficult than it needs to be?

If you are against bank robbing - don't rob a bank.

See?  It really is that easy.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 110

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Same question for RK which he hasn't answered. Are you in favor of, or opposed to an exception for RAPE?

To all of the troll squad. While I have difficulty with it, I can see the point  of rape, incest and life of the mother, exceptions.

Oh my and how generous of you to give women a small say in what they are allowed to do with their own bodies.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 110

@rker321and @Panjandrum, you have posted disturbing stories.

rker321, the story of this poor baby was probably not easy for you to reveal.  It sounds like the mother had no input into the fate of this child; the decision was made between your father and his partner.  (Correct me if I am wrong.)  But sadly, that seems to be the way it was back in the day which some would have us revert to, the Hippocratic oath and all.  Contrary to those who call it "killing babies" or "executions", instead it is better to condemn a human being to a torturous life of misery and suffering with no hope of recovery?  But sure, let's make sure we use extraordinary measures to extend it as long as possible.

Panjandrum, I couldn't help but note this in the LA Times article:

Yet the administration’s move to destroy a research program that aims to safeguard the health of children evokes the old slam that for antiabortion conservatives, life begins at conception and ends at birth.

But, in all fairness, the admin is not just ending safeguards for children, but for all of us with its climate change denials and rollbacks.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 110

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Wow, that must have been VERY difficult and with a need to insult others.  How pathetically sad....

How  amazing,!!!!   how wonderful !!!!!!! this is the first time that I have seen Rk answering a direct question. !!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 110

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Wow, that must have been VERY difficult and with a need to insult others.  How pathetically sad....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 110

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Olderscout is right, Republicans are complete hypocrites when it comes to Abortion. They want to do away with abortion while eliminating programs for contraception and child care. They are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

O.K you got "hypocrite" in there twice. Now - reality, contraception is available via Medicaid and PP. Consider what is, not what you think they want.

One of the biggest reasons that I get angry and frustrated is to see men dealing with the abortion issue and actually stating nonsense that  they really   don't know.

All of those things exist and have excited for a very long time, for the information of many I have a third daughter that was born although I was using a contraception  I wanted the baby and I didn't have a compelling reason to terminate. But do any of  you consider the fact that there are many times in which accidents do happen. and things don't go always the way one expects?.

Please, go and manufacturer cars, invent cures for cancer. do whatever, and leave the reproductive system to us women.

No women has ever gotten pregnant without the assistance of a male. 

Basically an accurate observation but how does it relate to the topic - baby killing?

Since the topic doesn’t have anything to do with baby killing how does your comment fit?

By the way, I was responding to the comment I cited.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 110

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Olderscout is right, Republicans are complete hypocrites when it comes to Abortion. They want to do away with abortion while eliminating programs for contraception and child care. They are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

O.K you got "hypocrite" in there twice. Now - reality, contraception is available via Medicaid and PP. Consider what is, not what you think they want.

Interesting that you cite the two sources for contraception that Republicans have been trying to eliminate.

No they aren't.

Guess you don’t pay much attention to ‘your’ party’s actions.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 110

How very caring and "pro-life".

Trump’s ‘pro-life’ administration just killed a program on children’s health

https://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-trump-children-environment-20190520-story.htm...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 110

You all reminded me of a case that I will never forget as long as I live.

My father was the head of the Premature Unit  at Havans's children's hospital. and his partner also worked in that department.

His partner's wife was pregnant and went into labor at less than five month gestation. and delivered a live baby.

I saw that baby and I was horrified. It had very dark skin, very very small. and it was really  a horrible sight.
Between my father and his partner they decided that they would save that child no matter what. and they actually    did  But the results were for me unforgettable.

That child was blind. and was not able to walk or comprehend. it was like a living vegetable or something out of a Frankenstein movie.
They even brought that child into the US. and it was put in a nursing home for the rest of his life which I never knew hoe many years that child lived.

But I have never forgotten that, and i know that such an Early delivery perhaps should have never happened. For years I blame my father for taking part in such a situation. and swore that if it ever happened to me, I would not plead for that life at all.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors