Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AT&T Rant

Message 1 of 15

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Well the Government lost and the merger will go thru. 
So, I really don't understand the consequences,  who are the winners and who are the losers. 

Government didn't lose, we did. Fewer providers so those remaining can charge more and deliver less - wonder if the approval was timed to co-inside with the loss of Net Neutrality, another little love-tap from Der Trumper's merry band of theives.

I guess you didn't notice that it was the Trump Administration trying to stop the merger. Does reality have any meaning to you or does hatred rule your every thought?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

So, I really don't understand the consequences,  who are the winners and who are the losers. 

We ditched AT&T/Direct TV over a year ago.  They kept raising their rates up to a ridiculous level.

We also got rid of Directv but now understand that a new streaming service is available called Directv Now, Sling TV, as well as Youtube Live which without any dish, you have TV. You may need a Roku, Apple TV, or other Android box which is free if you pay for 3 months (Directv Now). Cost is around $35-$40 per month.

https://www.directvnow.com/

https://www.sling.com/

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

Anybody using these?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

We ditched AT&T/Direct TV over a year ago.  They kept raising their rates up to a ridiculous level.

we cut the cord here about 3 years ago. we can get enough to watch over our crppy internet.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@gruffstuff wrote:

I still haven't found a good way to get off the  Verizon network,  Verizon obstructs ( locks ) phones otherwise I'd probably be using a google phone.

According to this that is standard practice among all carriers.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/12/verizon-locking-phones-temporarily-deter-theft/

"This is actually standard practice among US wireless carriers. AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint all require devices to be paid off before they can be unlocked; there's also an unlocking waiting period, ranging from 14 to 50 days after a customer makes a request. Verizon will not require customers to have paid off their phones to unlock them, and will continue to allow customers to use unlocked phones from other carriers."

We've used Verizon for over a year now, and have been real happy with their service over other carriers.

After ATT&T merged with Direct TV they have been raising our rates every year.  We dropped them and switched to Dish on a promotional rate.  Additionally we have received better service than from ATT&T/Direct TV.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

Does anyone know if I can keep my ATT e-mail adress and get rid of them as my provider? 

I use gmail, google voice to text messages ( free ), google drive ( free ) google contacts ( free ) google calendar ( free ) google maps ( free ) google time line ( free ) google drive ( free )

I still haven't found a good way to get off the  Verizon network,  Verizon obstructs ( locks ) phones otherwise I'd probably be using a google phone.

I do have a google home device though, I can just say OK Google what is the weather, play music, ask questions, search and stuff.

So I wouldn't pay more for AT&T, I wouldn't pay anything for it at all. Might be time to bite the bullet and just get off propriety email, that was bait to get you to buy their stuff from twenty years ago.

If you have good internet, Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, Nivida Shield, and a smart phone.

Just cut the cable, pay to read what you want on the internet, I get the Washington Post for $ .27 a day.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

Anything that AT & T  does is always a loss for the consumer. one of the reason that i left Direct  TV

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

@rker321 wrote:

Government didn't lose, we did. Fewer providers so those remaining can charge more and deliver less - wonder if the approval was timed to co-inside with the loss of Net Neutrality, another little love-tap from Der Trumper's merry band of theives.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

@rker321 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

@rker321 wrote:

Wrong issue.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors