Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: AS MEGAN MCCAIN SAID "AMERICA IS GREAT"

Message 11 of 25

Perhaps the change should start with us. We just have to keep loving each other. Came up with a plan to try and educate at least one kid from the poor regions in our world. Lets make an impact no matter how little.Feel free to join.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 25

Ya know what would REALLY MAKE AMERICA GREAT?? The end of the dispicible trump/ Pence administration and all its disgusting enablers.

IMHO, that is the thing that has weakened our country. Megham McCain was right though. Like everything trump, his proclamation of “Make America Great Again,” was just another lie and scare tactic. Funny, voting for the fool made our country weaker and reasons supporting that were made clear by almost EVERY SPEAKER—Dem or Repub at McCain’s service yesterday. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 25

@KidBoy2 wrote:
angeleyes64 posted..

So when the truth hurts, or a daughter speaks from her Heart, let's change the subject and start bashing the other party, or something about the other party as a reply.

Senator McCain isn't even in the Ground yet, and your already off topic and arguing

==============================================================

If you would have read my post I agreed with "AS MEGAN MCCAIN SAID "AMERICA IS GREAT" I always thought and still think that are country is great.

Stop with your making things up like when you said "Senator McCain isn't even in the Ground yet, and your already off topic and arguing"...its not nice to make things up...there was no argument on my part but you seem to want one.

Part of the topic was " "AMERICA IS GREAT"

That is why I posted...
Then there is NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo that said America 'was never that great' - CNN.com. That was pertinent to the subject of this thread and what he said was news just days ago.

I did not change the subject. Me thinks you are the one that can not take it when someone posts something that might make your party look bad.

You just did it again when you said "that might make your party look bad". She never said anything about party so you do not even know what party she belongs to. The NY Gov. has nothing to do with this thread. Senator John McCain memorial services and what was said or not said, and who did or did not attend are the subject. Trumps children attended, Trump did not. The children were invited, Trump was told to stay away. The children joined in applause for what Megan said along with all the others present.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 25
angeleyes64 posted..

So when the truth hurts, or a daughter speaks from her Heart, let's change the subject and start bashing the other party, or something about the other party as a reply.

Senator McCain isn't even in the Ground yet, and your already off topic and arguing

If you would have read my post I agreed with "AS MEGAN MCCAIN SAID "AMERICA IS GREAT" I always thought and still think that are country is great.

Stop with your making things up like when you said "Senator McCain isn't even in the Ground yet, and your already off topic and arguing"...its not nice to make things up...there was no argument on my part but you seem to want one.

Part of the topic was " "AMERICA IS GREAT"

That is why I posted...
Then there is NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo that said America 'was never that great' - CNN.com. That was pertinent to the subject of this thread and what he said was news just days ago.

I did not change the subject. Me thinks you are the one that can not take it when someone posts something that might make your party look bad.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 25

@KidBoy2

Senator McCain isn't even in the Ground yet, and your already off topic and arguing.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 25

@KidBoy2 wrote:
nctarheel posted...

What struck me most was the remark she made. AMERICA IS GREAT we don't have to make America Great Again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I think

Then there is NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo that said America 'was never that great' - CNN.com
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/15/politics/...cuomo-america-was-never...great/index.html
Aug 16, 2018 - Washington (CNN) New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said America "was never that great" during a speech on Wednesday.

You could have stopped with your phrase at the beginning "That's what I think" but as Obama said at the funeral..... there are those that involve themselves in "Trafficking in manufactured

bombastic outrage".

What other reason might there have been for the link to the stupid comment Andrew Cuomo said.

Read the topic of this thread..please.

FYI As NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo made that statement about two weeks ago it figures in the topic.

"Trafficking in manufactured bombastic outrage". I see that from you and others that are in the radical left...thanks for bringing that up!

I did and the topic is about what Megan McCain said about her father today at his memorial service so you went off topic, and I can understand why. The truth hurts. What she said was true, and she was one of a number of good speeches. When she made that statement the people clapped and cheered. I think I saw Trumps children who were present joining in that. All of the people who spoke today at the Senators service were really good. It was really great to hear our 2 former Presidents talk and praise McCain in such a thoughtful way. Yes the flip side was they were going after Trump. Trump was not invited to attend or take part since McCain wanted nothing to do with him. That follows what Barbara Bush did for her service, and the living Presidents did when they held an event at the Bush library some months ago. You might start a topic and tell us why we have this trend.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 25

nctarheel: 

You could have stopped with your phrase at the beginning "That's what I think" but as Obama said at the funeral..... there are those that involve themselves in "Trafficking in manufactured bombastic outrage".

What other reason might there have been for the link to the stupid comment Andrew Cuomo said.

The reason is that on the right, every imagined slight has to be balanced by pointing out that someone on the other side did something just as bad.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 25

I believe that when that young, ignorant, and  crude women joked that John McCain was dying so his opinion didn’t mean anything and the racist HYENA did nothing to reprimand her until there was a public outcry, Megan decided it was time she locked horns with the pettiness of trump and his fellow fools. Good job Meg! You made trump look like the asinine fool he is.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 25

The strength she showed was a huge reflection of the heroic DNA she carries. She was magnificent—showing more eloquence, grace, and intelligence than the HYENA who disgraced himself and all Americans by saying her father was not a hero.  John McCain smiled down on yet amother hero within the McCain family, his daughter Megan. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 25
It was really hard seeing some video the other day of her just totally breaking down in front of the casket. It is so hard losing a parent. You never recover as I know.:-( Not a huge fan of her, BUT she is speaking out more and more about Trump and his politics of late, so I admire her and that!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors