Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

Message 81 of 131

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

If the Sun ceased emitting energy, nobody would feel the effect for 8 1/2 minutes.

Trump's stupidity is less cosmic and it's impact travels much more slowly...unless you're a Government worker who comes out from another uncompensated day and discover your car was repo'd while you were working.

As for an answer to the question, the Republicans would say "No, you have NOT suffered enough until we have all your money." Just like when Romney told the 8 Million families who lost their homes to predatory lenders - You're not ready to have nice stuff yet - that's why you should go back to renting.

Can you substantiate your repo'd car theory?

How about your Romney claim? 

Google does not seem to have your sources.

By now, Olderscout has already been quite knowledgeable regarding your manner of posting  Never ending questions?  deflection and confusion. I would be quite interested to see if he actually bothers to answer.

I doubt it. Some just like to throw stuff out. When asked for substantiation - the claim is repeated with no proof of accuracy offered.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 131

Of course Olderscout,  what we have lost this year  will be difficult to recoup unless you are young and have many years to live.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 131

In the early 1990's, a number of friends who had been investing in broad-based mutual funds for their retirements saw the total value of nearly 20 years of regular investing drop BELOW the actual dollar amount they had invested. Some shifted their investments into Gov't bonds to prevent further loss, some gritted their teeth and rode it out, but NOBODY ever fully recovered the "lost interest".

Republicans like to claim the wonders of Wall Street will make rich eveyone who invests 10% or more of their income every payday. But the reality is Wall Street MIGHT make some very rich, but it makes many more very poor on a regular basis.

Not only has lil donny made slaves of 420,000 Government workers, he's done considerable damage to the retirement savings of eveyone else by deregulating the markets so they could once again crash like 2008 - 2018 was the WORST year for investors since 1929!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

If the Sun ceased emitting energy, nobody would feel the effect for 8 1/2 minutes.

Trump's stupidity is less cosmic and it's impact travels much more slowly...unless you're a Government worker who comes out from another uncompensated day and discover your car was repo'd while you were working.

As for an answer to the question, the Republicans would say "No, you have NOT suffered enough until we have all your money." Just like when Romney told the 8 Million families who lost their homes to predatory lenders - You're not ready to have nice stuff yet - that's why you should go back to renting.

By now, Olderscout has already been quite knowledgeable regarding your manner of posting  Never ending questions?  deflection and confusion. I would be quite interested to see if he actually bothers to answer.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 131

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 131

I guess that we still have a long way to go. but it will come, eventually the cracks will become apparent. and when the effects of this President really hit the citizens of this country that is when we will see the change.
Until then, We have not suffered enough, but we will. therefore.   Trump, please please do close the Southern Border!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 131

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

john258: 

The 800,000 number comes from the govt. and are you implying these people do not exist.

They know they exist (I think), so what we're seeing is the usual denial of reality to justify absolving Trump of any blame. Rule 1 is that their beloved is NEVER responsible in any way for his actions.......what he does is caused by others.

@Panjandrum wrote:

john258: 

The 800,000 number comes from the govt. and are you implying these people do not exist.

They know they exist (I think), so what we're seeing is the usual denial of reality to justify absolving Trump of any blame. Rule 1 is that their beloved is NEVER responsible in any way for his actions.......what he does is caused by others.

I must have missed it. Can anyone point me to the government source regarding those suffering 8000,000 that are causing all this drama and - if possible - try to point to it without added drama such as "their beloved".

My "beloved" is sitting next to me on the couch and she has no idea where it came from either and I'm pretty sure she is not responsible for whatever it is that is causing all the deep feelings of sadness.

One problem all far right have is that they miss a lot of things and that is how they become far right. As I have said before the far right care about no one as from their very beginning the far right is based on hurting people and 800,000 plus not being paid is a cause to expand as that furthers the far right ideals.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 131

@Panjandrum wrote:

Jimc91:  Who are these phantom people you refer to?  

This may come as a shock to you, but people who work for the government rely on their paychecks for their expenses. Doesn't Fox tell you that?

Hundreds of thousands of nonessential government workers — from Florida to Alaska — were told to start closing their offices and many of the services they provide. Subsidized grocery stores for military families had started closing, certain training programs for military veterans had been put on hold, and janitors at multiple federal building were told not to report to work.

It's hard to grasp how many programs and services across the country rely on funding from the annual spending bill that Congress passes. In October 2013, more than 850,000 federal workers were furloughed for the 16-day shutdown, affecting services for Americans in all 50 states. Only “essential” government employees were allowed to work: anyone whose job is a matter of life and death or an urgent public-safety matter.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/19/16907138/government-shutdown-2018

What prevents these idle "nonessential" government employees from quiting and finding jobs in the private sector?  Trump made it easier for them to find jobs that are more useful to society.  

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 131

@Panjandrum wrote:

john258: 

@Panjandrum wrote:

john258: 

I must have missed it. Can anyone point me to the government source regarding those suffering 8000,000 that are causing all this drama and - if possible - try to point to it without added drama such as "their beloved".

My "beloved" is sitting next to me on the couch and she has no idea where it came from either and I'm pretty sure she is not responsible for whatever it is that is causing all the deep feelings of sadness.

Kudos
Views