Ready for your next job? Get a free resume review from AARP Resume Advisor.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

Message 71 of 131

Oh yes , we have a poster who constantly dishes out busy work by endlessly asking question after question , but never answers any himself !! The best part is after all your research , he just ignores your facts.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 131

The Democrats need to act intelligently regarding this shutdown. Let Trump dig himself deeper into the rabbit hole.

He and his followers like to think that they have that 35%  all  for his policies. but

Wait for the end of the month, when there is no paycheck and not a way to get a paycheck in the future.

Wait until they cannot put food on the table. of buy a medicine that they may need.

or pay their mortgages.

Wail. and see. YOu all have criticized when I have mentioned  Cuba. but this is not Cuba and the only similarity is that  they are all human beings and they all act in the same manner.

disregarding how much they love their cult.

What the Democrats should do is to hold on fast. and start turning the media with pictures of the calamities that this shutdown is creating. start showing Americans not having food to eat. and drum into everyone head that they have voted to open the government and that is him that won't do it. flood the media with his  pictures and what he said. and flood the media withe the consequences of his actions. and we will see who they will blame. 
They are counting of the fact that they will follow their leader, but like I have said before. hunger is the most powerful effect that you will see on people and Americans don't know hunger.

So cheer on. and yes write to the President and make him have  his National Emergency   that will play well if the Democrats really understand the game.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 131

Now   all of you in unison

Trump  pretty please, do as you have stated.  create a National Emergency, go   and simply disregard Congress.  and for sure all Federal employees that are not getting paid will erect a monument to your  knowledge.  Please don't  give in.  dig your heels, destroy everything. and come up a winner.  Pretty please.!!!!! And let the shutdown be there for ever. and ever and ever.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 131

@rker321 wrote:

Are you all ready to accept that only when that 35% than follows Trump is really in the middle of a  recession, their pocketbooks empty.  and then and only then they will see the mirage that they have been living under this man.

Not yet, but is coming. we are NOW on the first step. finally we will have some check and balances in governenr. And some Republicans in the Senate will see that and they will realize how toxic their alliance with Trump is for them. 
It will come, 

Have no fear. We understand that the President is doing what needs to be done in order to fulfill his promises to us while dealing with the powerful opposition of the Dem's "Resistance" and the bots supporting the Russian attempts to weaken us through division (even here).

So, as long as he stays true to his word, we will support his efforts on our behalf.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 131

LOL  LOL   LOL   just wait and see what happens when that 35%  starts feeling the consequences of this shutdown and economic policies.  then, darling tell me about it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 131

@mandm84 wrote:

Trump tells us he will own the shutdown and not blame the Democrats - then blames the Democrats. 

lil donny is a pathalogical liar AND dummer than a box of rocks. Anyone who believes anything he says or supports anything he does is simply not paying attention.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 131

@rker321 wrote:

Again,  are we suffering enough ? 

No suffering at all.

almost three weeks into the shutdown and by now probably the citizens of this country are beginning to realize on how any of this is affecting them.

I don't know anyone affected. Do you?

Well, like I have stated before, still not much, apparently we need to suffer a lot more for  people to begin to realize how bad things really are.

Are you missing some meals? How bad are things there?

Frankly I am just waiting to see when and how SS and Medicare will begin to be affected. 

Medicare keeps paying the bills and SS automatically pays recipients accounts. Do you think otherwise?

perhaps then, people will realize that they need to do something about what is happening in this country.

Democrats want to keep Government shut down since they want open borders, want more criminals into our country, need illegal aliens at their voting places where they don't support voter id.

But I guess not yet. but if any of this continues, I bet we will.

I don't see any need to open the government until the left wakes up.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 131

Are you all ready to accept that only when that 35% than follows Trump is really in the middle of a  recession, their pocketbooks empty.  and then and only then they will see the mirage that they have been living under this man.

Not yet, but is coming. we are NOW on the first step. finally we will have some check and balances in governenr. And some Republicans in the Senate will see that and they will realize how toxic their alliance with Trump is for them. 
It will come, 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 131

Again,  are we suffering enough ?    almost three weeks into the shutdown and by now probably the citizens of this country are beginning to realize on how any of this is affecting them.

Well, like I have stated before, still not much, apparently we need to suffer a lot more for  people to begin to realize how bad things really are.

Frankly I am just waiting to see when and how SS and Medicare will begin to be affected.  perhaps then, people will realize that they need to do something about what is happening in this country.

But I guess not yet. but if any of this continues, I bet we will.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 131

@Olderscout66 wrote:

In the early 1990's, a number of friends who had been investing in broad-based mutual funds for their retirements saw the total value of nearly 20 years of regular investing drop BELOW the actual dollar amount they had invested. Some shifted their investments into Gov't bonds to prevent further loss, some gritted their teeth and rode it out, but NOBODY ever fully recovered the "lost interest".

Republicans like to claim the wonders of Wall Street will make rich eveyone who invests 10% or more of their income every payday. But the reality is Wall Street MIGHT make some very rich, but it makes many more very poor on a regular basis.

Not only has lil donny made slaves of 420,000 Government workers, he's done considerable damage to the retirement savings of eveyone else by deregulating the markets so they could once again crash like 2008 - 2018 was the WORST year for investors since 1929!

See what I mean - numbers and claims.

Kudos
Views