Ready for your next job? Get a free resume review from AARP Resume Advisor.

 

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
160
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

160 Views
Message 91 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:


I fully understand the "feelings" of others. In this case there are the "feelings" of, "I am so much better than others because I weep and gnash my teeth in a very large print dramatic way over vague generalities".


Just  a  reminder,  THE MORE HARM THAT THEY DO THE SOONER THAT THEY WILL LEAVE.

hurrah!!!!!!!!! foe the furloughed employees, and subcontractors that probably will never get paid, they are not in a way Federal employees.  Great. more voted for the  next elections.  continue on  and pretty please, don't forget do close the southern border  pretty please?  

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
160
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
165
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

165 Views
Message 92 of 131

john258: 

The 800,000 number comes from the govt. and are you implying these people do not exist.

 

 

They know they exist (I think), so what we're seeing is the usual denial of reality to justify absolving Trump of any blame. Rule 1 is that their beloved is NEVER responsible in any way for his actions.......what he does is caused by others.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
165
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
164
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

164 Views
Message 93 of 131

@john258 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:


Yeah, these folks get an extra vacation and then get paid for it...

 

And  if they don't will you then care?


You know the answer to that. They will not care. Hurting people is what the far right have always stood for.

 

That is a nonsense answer to a ridiculous question. There is no reason to think that they will not be paid and where does that "hurting people" offensive comment come from? I will admit that Conservatives tend to treat people as adults capable of taking care of themselves rather than the Liberal position of thinking of some people as "lesser individuals" needing care and overseeing like children.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
164
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
155
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

155 Views
Message 94 of 131

@rker321 wrote:

My goodness Rk  this is the longest post that I have seen from you in a very long time.

 learned a little about you.
Just  because you don't understand the feelings of others that does not mean that they don't exist.

If it is that difficult for you to understand that yes, I and many others do care as to the plight of many people that will be suffering because of the shutdown that is your problem and not ours.

I am very sorry that the sensitivity of the situation is not moving your emotions. that is also your problem

But I am proud that it moves mine, I am proud of having feeling for others. I am proud of feeling sad and concern for their welfare. and I really pity anyone that has no understanding of that.


I fully understand the "feelings" of others. In this case there are the "feelings" of, "I am so much better than others because I weep and gnash my teeth in a very large print dramatic way over vague generalities".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
155
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
169
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

169 Views
Message 95 of 131

@rker321 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:


Yeah, these folks get an extra vacation and then get paid for it...

 

And  if they don't will you then care?

 

 

 


You know the answer to that. They will not care. Hurting people is what the far right have always stood for.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
169
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
164
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

164 Views
Message 96 of 131

@jimc91 wrote:


Yeah, these folks get an extra vacation and then get paid for it...

 

And  if they don't will you then care?

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
164
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
153
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

153 Views
Message 97 of 131

Trump tells us he will own the shutdown and not blame the Democrats - then blames the Democrats. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
153
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
156
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

156 Views
Message 98 of 131

@Panjandrum wrote:

Jimc91:  Who are these phantom people you refer to?  

 

 

 

 

This may come as a shock to you, but people who work for the government rely on their paychecks for their expenses. Doesn't Fox tell you that?

 

Hundreds of thousands of nonessential government workers — from Florida to Alaska — were told to start closing their offices and many of the services they provide. Subsidized grocery stores for military families had started closing, certain training programs for military veterans had been put on hold, and janitors at multiple federal building were told not to report to work.

It's hard to grasp how many programs and services across the country rely on funding from the annual spending bill that Congress passes. In October 2013, more than 850,000 federal workers were furloughed for the 16-day shutdown, affecting services for Americans in all 50 states. Only “essential” government employees were allowed to work: anyone whose job is a matter of life and death or an urgent public-safety matter.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/19/16907138/government-shutdown-2018


Yeah, these folks get an extra vacation and then get paid for it...

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
156
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
162
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

162 Views
Message 99 of 131

@jimc91 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote 

 


What families are in need as a direct result of the partial shutdown? 

 

Dear  Jim,, you really don't expect to enter into an argument over an answer that you already know do you?


 


We had our entire family together for Christmas this year and talked a lot about this.  No person in my family has been affected by this shutdown.  So I ask you a real question that I do not know the answer to.  What families have been adversely affected by this and how?

 

 


How can you say that. There are over 800,000 Americans being effected by this, and you tell us you and your family do not care about them. Americans are taught to care about each other. That is how our Country was built. This is the Christmas holiday and the theme of Christmas is caring for each other. All Christians are taught that from the day they are born. I have said over and over again that the far right care for no one but them selves and that was a foundation of the far right movement. In the very early days it was the King who used all the people as he saw fit. He had life and death over them. The Kings were far right. There are no more Kings like that today because the people rose up and threw them into the ash can of history, and that included our founding fathers throwing the English King into the same place. Sadly we have seen the growth of the far right again in the past few years. It has now reached the  tipping point under their leader Dictator Trump. At Christmas time we see the far right telling us that 800,000 Americans are being made to suffer because of what the far right leader (Trump) did and that is ok. How cruel can a group be? Well as I have said before The far right have never done anything to help people, but they sure love to hurt and kill them.


Who are these phantom people you refer to?  

 

And I should believe anything you say just because you say it?  Yeah, Right.....

 

 

 

 


The 800,000 number comes from the govt. and are you implying these people do not exist. I give information that comes from sources who know what they are talking about so it is not believing me, but accepting the true facts I give to people. I will ask you again do you not care about these people who are hurting due to the Trump shutdown. He told us on TV he would be proud to own the shutdown so do not tell me he did not say that.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
162
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
159
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

159 Views
Message 100 of 131

Jimc91:  Who are these phantom people you refer to?  

 

 

 

 

This may come as a shock to you, but people who work for the government rely on their paychecks for their expenses. Doesn't Fox tell you that?

 

Hundreds of thousands of nonessential government workers — from Florida to Alaska — were told to start closing their offices and many of the services they provide. Subsidized grocery stores for military families had started closing, certain training programs for military veterans had been put on hold, and janitors at multiple federal building were told not to report to work.

It's hard to grasp how many programs and services across the country rely on funding from the annual spending bill that Congress passes. In October 2013, more than 850,000 federal workers were furloughed for the 16-day shutdown, affecting services for Americans in all 50 states. Only “essential” government employees were allowed to work: anyone whose job is a matter of life and death or an urgent public-safety matter.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/19/16907138/government-shutdown-2018

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
159
Views