Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

Message 31 of 131

@Centristsin2010

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:
Nice, Centristsin, you can imagine what little value a stay-at-home mother represents with a part-time supplemental income???? The courts use the whole dysfunctional of money over parental rights, per se, even though it is a rigged system proven that women make less then men in any situation????

Society would be much better served if we had MORE stay-at-home mom's....in IMAHO...

Huh funniest darn thing....that's not what two different therapist told me....I know I heard, "you'll never win this"!!!  Equal rights, no?

See if you can find some old broadcasts of Dr. Laura.  It may brighten your day.  

Stay At Home T'is the Season... But Don't Forget to Take Care of You

When the morons start getting out of hand, I just put on some of the beautiful works of....

Very nice...my inner voice says the Guardian Angel within....love it...making Gems out of the stones perhaps that have been thrown, imho.

"Treat others as You would have Them treat you"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 131

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:
Hmm, I know I've heard how they really don't like women in the whole political/judicial system because they are just too emotional. Hmm, yep, we might want to be reasonable and try to figure out the truth, no?

That's the beauty of Notorious RBG....

As long as there are fat old white men running the government, change will be very, very slow.  The good news is there were many, women of various colors and cultures elected into the House this November.  Things are looking up; but it's regrettable it has taken this long.....far, far too long.

Ahh, RGB...let's pray for her speedy recovery and healing! Still working from home.....great example for the women of this country!  My opinion, they need no more opportunity to fill in more Supreme Court Justices otherwise the scale is not balanced!  In my opinion again, SHE is the "Statue of Liberty". Smiley Happy

"Treat others as You would have Them treat you"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 131
This from the meeting dt walked out on yesterday:

Schumer jumped in to stress the importance of opening up the government and then negotiating on border security funding from there.
He at one point asked Trump, "Why won't you open the government and stop hurting people?"
Trump responded bluntly, "Because then you won't give me what I want."

This from (facebook) - a family member who works many months of the year in Alaskan waters as the captian of a tender ship.
Ok now I'm pissed I have friends in Alaska working on the water. Our first life buoy is the United States Coast Guard they are totally underpaid under appreciated at times and they are out there risking their lives for us. Now through political Bull---- over a freaking border wall they are not being paid. If you knew what these people mean to a mariner in trouble you would be outraged too. There is no reason to shut down over the wall. This **bleep** has to stop they can keep the government open while they argue over the freaking wall. Political **bleep**.

So many thousands of people hurting and the president has NO CONCERN AT ALL for their safety or well being.  His stupid wall tantrum - his sick self protection is causing great harm to our citizens and to the country's national security.  He is a dangerous, deadly disease infecting the spirit of America.  He belongs in a cage.  Let it be asap.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 131

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:
Nice, Centristsin, you can imagine what little value a stay-at-home mother represents with a part-time supplemental income???? The courts use the whole dysfunctional of money over parental rights, per se, even though it is a rigged system proven that women make less then men in any situation????

Society would be much better served if we had MORE stay-at-home mom's....in IMAHO...

Huh funniest darn thing....that's not what two different therapist told me....I know I heard, "you'll never win this"!!!  Equal rights, no?

See if you can find some old broadcasts of Dr. Laura.  It may brighten your day.  

When the morons start getting out of hand, I just put on some of the beautiful works of....

Sade has a beautiful voice and sings many soothing songs. Only those that know of her would know how to pronounce her name. Thanks for the video Cent !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And the Dems will allow all the suffering rather than cooperate on border security.

Wrong  answer, remember? I said the Cubans and anyone that is a human being will react in the same manner. but you also seem to forge that Trump  stated that he was proud to own the shutdown. sorry, you can't have it both ways.

Yes he did. He stated that border security was so important that he would stand up to the Dems. The shut down is the result.

No rk ....... trump said he would "shut it down" and that he would take responsibility for it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 131

@jimc91 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Going down again to my core belief.  that only when the citizens of this country really have it bad, really bad,  then, and only then, you will see that crack begin to crumble.

Therefore,  Hurrah for the shutdown.  sorry guys, but as citizens you are required to think and do something for your country.  whatever that may be.

Hurrah  for the Dow and its plunge down to all lows since the Depression.   all of you seniors that depend on your bonds, annuities etc. to live. and that have sat down in praise of this lunatic.   hey,  go and now get some food stamps and start by understanding poverty.

The more that they start to suffer, the more that they start paying in their pocketbooks , the more that they really comprehend the consequences of the kind of government that they have blindly voted for. 

The sooner that we will see the light and get this over with. Again,  the more harm that they do the sooner that they will leave.

Just curious, how is this affecting you?

With just a slight bit of thought you should realize that with many of us, especially those who are centrists or on the left, it's just not all about ourselves or how it effects 'ME'.

Seems that many on the right are only interested in how things effect themselves and project that everyone is that way.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 131

@L42010 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 131

@L42010 wrote:
Hmm, I know I've heard how they really don't like women in the whole political/judicial system because they are just too emotional. Hmm, yep, we might want to be reasonable and try to figure out the truth, no?

That's the beauty of Notorious RBG....

As long as there are fat old white men running the government, change will be very, very slow.  The good news is there were many, women of various colors and cultures elected into the House this November.  Things are looking up; but it's regrettable it has taken this long.....far, far too long.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 131

@jimc91 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote 

What families are in need as a direct result of the partial shutdown? 

Dear  Jim,, you really don't expect to enter into an argument over an answer that you already know do you?

We had our entire family together for Christmas this year and talked a lot about this.  No person in my family has been affected by this shutdown.  So I ask you a real question that I do not know the answer to.  What families have been adversely affected by this and how?

Your grand-daughter, the one who recently graduated from the Coast Guard, must have missed the dinner bell given the Coast Guard isn't being funded.

.Coast Guard families not being paid due to shutdown told to hold garage sales or try babysitting

Employees of the U.S. Coast Guard who are facing a long U.S. government shutdown just received a suggestion: To get by without pay, consider holding a garage sale, babysitting or serving as a "mystery shopper."

The suggestions were part of a five-page tip sheet published by the Coast Guard Support Program, an employee-assistance arm of the service often known as CG SUPRT. It is designated to offer Coast Guard members help with mental-health issues or other concerns about their lives, including financial wellness.

Coast Guard families not being paid due to shutdown told to hold garage sales or try babysitting

So when's the yard sale?  Or is she a "mystery shopper"?

But thanks for asking......

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 131

Maybe we should be helping them solve the problem where they live. Fixing the problem instead of running away from it. If not fixed, the problem remains generation after generation.  It's not that we are wanting to be un humanatarian, it boils down to us runnung out of room and resorces. I can tell you from actual first hand experience what happens when there is no control. 

I live in an Agricultural City that brings in migrant workers for harvest season. Two years ago a large group of workers came in to work but stayed when harvest was over. Overstaying their welcome with their host families, bringing in even more family members, pets, and children. Our neighborhoods are over crowded, Vehicles line the streets leaving nowhere to park. One example is a family right across the street from my house. A normal family of four., has now 22 people living under one roof. There are 12 vehicles parked at one house. Rentals  rates  shot through the roof. causing a surge of homeless that camp in every vacant corner of the City. Insurance rates increase. Our Police Force was too small to handle the population. Criminals saw an opportunity and  Crime began to rise. now totally out of control. Drugs, robberys, Dog fights, Satanic rituals, Human trafficing, Hit and run fatalities on pedestrians It is no longer a safe place to live.   Schools are overcrowded, Medical care , auto maintence shops, social services and other public services all over booked making it impossible to get appointments of any kind. Trash lines our streets and highways , Our pets are being stolen right out of our yards and used for illegal blood sports. Our creeks and waterways polluted. We have had to spend hundreds of dollars for extra security devices  All this happen in less than two years of overcrowding. Are you ready for something like this in your City?  Are myou willing to let strangers move into your home with you?

I'm really not exagerating in the least. Put some serious thought into what  will happen, because it will happen.

Norma Ray
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs