Find answers to your Social Security questions in the AARP Social Security resource center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ARE WE ALL SUFFERING ENOUGH................. YET?

Message 121 of 131

Now your a wilfully blind "expert" in the stock market jimc ? Based on your comments you know very little about investing , but nice try !

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 131

@jimc91 wrote:

Please help me understand how the partial shut down is affecting you "morally" more than you can bear.

Obviously, you don't understand  the moral compass of a person. MOrality has nothing to do with money. it has to do, with what is right and what is wrong.  MY heart goes out for those families in need. but also, I understand that they need to deal with very serious consequences of their own actions.
I am not saying that everyone that voted for Trump deserves any of this. but, I do say and expect all citizens to do what they should be doing under these circumstances. This is their country, this is their Democracy, the time has come to fight for what you are loosing. and may never recuperate. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 131

Spot on rker321, you can't talk common sense to the wilfully blind. Facts just dont penetrate their brains. They live in the faux "news" world.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 131

@mandm84 wrote:

How about 25% loss in retirement accounts jimc ? Is that an effect enough for you ?

I have no idea what your investment strategy is but if your 401k is down 25% you may want to seek out a different adviser.  

How long since you last had your account reviewed by a professional and heeded his advise to diversify and reallocate your investments?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 131

@rker321 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Just curious, how is this affecting you?

Moneteraly  no,  morally   more than I can bear.      sorry to see the blindness in which this country has been living. and has failed to recognize the harm that is being done to this great country of ours.

We are losings our Democratic system and apparently the citizens of this country don't care. well, when it touches them directly, when they don't have food to put on the table or To  buy a medicine. then perhaps they will realize that this reality show needs to be cancelled

Please help me understand how the partial shut down is affecting you "morally" more than you can bear.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 131

How about 25% loss in retirement accounts jimc ? Is that an effect enough for you ?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 131

@jimc91 wrote:

Moneteraly  no,  morally   more than I can bear.      sorry to see the blindness in which this country has been living. and has failed to recognize the harm that is being done to this great country of ours.

We are losings our Democratic system and apparently the citizens of this country don't care. well, when it touches them directly, when they don't have food to put on the table or To  buy a medicine. then perhaps they will realize that this reality show needs to be cancelled

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 131

@afisher wrote:

Oops, Rker,  you forgot that GOP SNAP cuts will mean that Seniors may not be elgible unless they go back to work.

US farmers are now figuring out how Donald has skrewed them.   Reminder he opted out of TPP, partly because of stupidity / hubris and partly because he mistakenly believed that China was in TPP.    Now the remaining nations in TPP have consolidated and made agreements with China and Donalds groupies are left on the outside looking in.  

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/us-farmers-helpless-as-tpp-boosts-aust

I'll ask you the same question...  How has the shutdown affected you personally?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 131

Oops, Rker,  you forgot that GOP SNAP cuts will mean that Seniors may not be elgible unless they go back to work.

US farmers are now figuring out how Donald has skrewed them.   Reminder he opted out of TPP, partly because of stupidity / hubris and partly because he mistakenly believed that China was in TPP.    Now the remaining nations in TPP have consolidated and made agreements with China and Donalds groupies are left on the outside looking in.  

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/us-farmers-helpless-as-tpp-boosts-aust

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 131

@rker321 wrote:

Going down again to my core belief.  that only when the citizens of this country really have it bad, really bad,  then, and only then, you will see that crack begin to crumble.

Therefore,  Hurrah for the shutdown.  sorry guys, but as citizens you are required to think and do something for your country.  whatever that may be.

Hurrah  for the Dow and its plunge down to all lows since the Depression.   all of you seniors that depend on your bonds, annuities etc. to live. and that have sat down in praise of this lunatic.   hey,  go and now get some food stamps and start by understanding poverty.

The more that they start to suffer, the more that they start paying in their pocketbooks , the more that they really comprehend the consequences of the kind of government that they have blindly voted for. 

The sooner that we will see the light and get this over with. Again,  the more harm that they do the sooner that they will leave.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors