Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ARE REPUBLICANS RANKING THEIR SEXUAL PREDATORS?????

Message 1 of 28
They bleeped the name of the South Carolina football team. ); o(
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 28

@Snoopy48 wrote:

I wish someone would name those Congressmen who harassed aides and interns while they were serving in Congress. The claim is that at least 3 sitting Congressmen are guilty of sexual harassment in Congress.

I had some very limited experience in DC with a US Govt agency. 

I'd suggest there is a LOT of this that goes on all the time.

Look at all the Congressmen [and recall all those people traipsing into Trump Tower for interviews - with very attractive young female 'assistants' in their wakes?]

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 28

@NerdyMom wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Franken is guilty of extreme poor taste, but in the picture, he's NOT touching the young lady, and as for the kiss, it was part of a skit, and he took it too far.

But let's not let Al's regretable lapse of judgment while on a USO tour distract from decades of sexual predition by Judge Moore whose unwanted advances on teenage girls were so "prolific" he was banned from the local shopping mall.

I disagree.  It's not OK.  It's not just poor taste.  I don't know about you, but I don't want some man's tongue forced in my mouth without permission.  That's more than just poor taste.   If some man who's much bigger and stronger than you did that to you, would you just think it's poor taste?

And he used a woman, an unconscious woman, to get his kicks, and it's preserved forever on film.   How she feels matters.  Whether she consents matters.   It's not just about Franken.  It's about her, too.  

"I couldn’t believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep. 

I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. 

How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny? 

I told my husband everything that happened and showed him the picture. 

I wanted to shout my story to the world with a megaphone to anyone who would listen, but even as angry as I was, I was worried about the potential backlash and damage going public might have on my career as a broadcaster. 

But that was then, this is now. I’m no longer afraid."

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

Normally I would not imagine NOT supporting the accuser - just as a matter of what we must do.

I would strongly suggest you look at how quickly the accuser backed down, look at her work history [Fox news and other], and just do a google image search on her.  

This is beginning to feel like a Fox/Hannity publicity stunt.

I am not saying she is a bad person or she 'asked for it' by any means.

So, let's save that discussion.

Look at her photos, check the Getty Images of her [usually pretty staid or standard - imho], and look at her Instagram, and maybe her other 'work' history.
The photo shoot was a set up. The kiss / picture planned and agreed to as a stunt.

This is not a shrinking violet.

When you see her pics you will possibly see that her being dressed in fatigues/camo - all covered up looking very plain and serious is NOT her m.o.

Just some food for thought.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 28

@fangoh45 wrote:

You inadverntly?? left Franken off the list.

I notice there are no democrats on your list.

Inserting Franken is totally off topic. Inserting Bill Clinton is totally off topic. If you want to discuss those two, start a new thread.

The thesis of this thread is asking WHY DO REPUBLICANS SUPPORT THE PRESIDENT WHILE DISAVOWING ROY MOORE?

They are both sexual predators.

For individual Senators to support one and disavow the other is nothing but hypocrisy in its purest form.

Inserting these other predators into THIS CONVERSATION is but a diversion used by most people on the FAR RIGHT that don't or won't face the fact that TRUMP was/is every bit the "gutter trash" that ROY MOORE is.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 28

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Franken is guilty of extreme poor taste, but in the picture, he's NOT touching the young lady, and as for the kiss, it was part of a skit, and he took it too far.

But let's not let Al's regretable lapse of judgment while on a USO tour distract from decades of sexual predition by Judge Moore whose unwanted advances on teenage girls were so "prolific" he was banned from the local shopping mall.

I disagree.  It's not OK.  It's not just poor taste.  I don't know about you, but I don't want some man's tongue forced in my mouth without permission.  That's more than just poor taste.   If some man who's much bigger and stronger than you did that to you, would you just think it's poor taste?

And he used a woman, an unconscious woman, to get his kicks, and it's preserved forever on film.   How she feels matters.  Whether she consents matters.   It's not just about Franken.  It's about her, too.  

"I couldn’t believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep. 

I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. 

How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny? 

I told my husband everything that happened and showed him the picture. 

I wanted to shout my story to the world with a megaphone to anyone who would listen, but even as angry as I was, I was worried about the potential backlash and damage going public might have on my career as a broadcaster. 

But that was then, this is now. I’m no longer afraid."

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 28

I wish someone would name those Congressmen who harassed aides and interns while they were serving in Congress. The claim is that at least 3 sitting Congressmen are guilty of sexual harassment in Congress.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 28

alferdpacker: 

Ah yes - Hannity - the scam artist/liar who along with dishonest Ollie North ran crooked concert scams - lied about giving 100% of the proceeds to injured and killed vets and their families - and kept most of the money from his "Freedom Concerts" for themselves...

Hannity only tells lies when he's awake...

Hannity always reminds of a notorius man from the WWll era....Lord Haw Haw. He was an Irish-American man who became a Nazi sympathizer and did broadcasts spewing Nazi propaganda. He was caught and was  executed in Britain. Reminds me of Hannity apologizing for the Trump/Russia case.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 28

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 28

@fangoh45 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Which one is the "predator in chief" ?????

Let me guess. Bill Clinton. Oh, wait he WAS the predator in chief.

Clinton hasn't been in office for decades, do you still live in the past?  Trump is the 'predator in chief', ask all of those that came forward.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 28

I'm so pissed at Al Franken, I can hardly see straight.  Why is it so hard for many men to keep their body parts off of other people????

As any woman can tell you, sexual harassment and assult isn't a Republican or Democrat thing.  This is mostly a male thing.   

Where I do see a political difference is in who condemns and who accepts responsibility. Al Franken has a genuine apology and requested an ethics investigation.  If he's a real man, with honor and integrity, he will accept the consequences of his actions.   If he's a whiny baby, he will try to justify his behavior a la Roy Moore and his acolytes.   

And I'm a huge Al Franken fan.   I cannot condone in any way what he's done.  He took advantage of someone who was asleep for a sexual prank or whatever.    Not to mention the forced tongue kissing in whatever skit they were rehearsing.   Disgusting.

Kudos
Views