Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AOC Endorses Bernie Sanders

Message 21 of 61

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Chasky said, "Actually, history shows us that a supposed centrists candidate that the DNC picks for us (like with Hillary) will not get the vote out, most especially the young vote ................. Sanders and Warren would.  So is repeating history "what you want"?"

Chasky continues to make the same mistake other Dems are making here, he's looking at the overall election. So yes, overall, Sanders and Warren will bring out more young voters. But the history lesson is that doesn't matter. The Dems are going to win big in every blue state, therefore, they don't need the young vote to win those states.

The history lesson is this. The overall popular vote is irrelevant because the election will be decided in Florida, the Rust Belt States, and possibly 1 or 2 purple states. It's very clear that both Sanders and Warren are unpopular in those states. So why would you want to run the risk of losing the Rust Belt states again?

This election is far too important to take that risk when you can run a pair of mainstream candidates like Biden/Klobuchar. That combination would be very powerful in the midwest, they could possibly sweep the rust belt. 

I think you would be much happier with  Biden/Klobuchar in the White House as opposed to Sanders/Warren winning the popular vote, but losing the election, just like Hillary. The thought of 4 more years of Trump is terrifying.

In addition, the Dems would lose 2 senate seats and I don't know what will happen with those seats.

Actaully, I think you are the one making "the mistake". A supposedly Centrist "mainstream" DNC pick lost the election to trump and the same thing may happen in 2020 if the DNC shoves Biden down our throats. No, I wouldn't be "much happier with Biden and Klobuchar". "Mainstream candidates" are what lost in 2016 ............ that is the "history lesson". AND ....... the young showed up to elect Obama ............. that is also a "history lesson".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 61
Up until this summer, I was a registered Independant, because I also do not believe in party. The advent of Trump and his supporters made me realize that the primaries were ultra important, so I switched to Democrat.
The person we choose will either take us forward responsibly, or we will have 4 more years of this crap.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 61
@ CriticalThinking
I believe they are focused on taking down trump, but there is more to our future that also has to be understood and dealt with, and they understand that as well.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

AOC Endorses Bernie Sanders

Message 24 of 61
@CriticalThinking wrote:

This kind of thinking plays right into the Fox playbook and makes the chances of Trump getting re-elected, even higher. Unfortunately, many Dems never learned the lessons of the 2016 election. They're still focused on their favorite issues instead of the big goal, taking down Trump. 

jplivn said, "I think that they should be focusing on their favorite issues if they think that they have value and appeal, instead of railing against Trump"

Of course he feels that way. He knows a Sanders/Warren ticket would be a Christmas gift for Trump World.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 61

@CriticalThinking wrote:

This kind of thinking plays right into the Fox playbook and makes the chances of Trump getting re-elected, even higher. Unfortunately, many Dems never learned the lessons of the 2016 election. They're still focused on their favorite issues instead of the big goal, taking down Trump. 

I think that they should be focusing on their favorite issues if they think that they have value and appeal, instead of railing against Trump.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 61

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Selecting the best candidate on the basis of cash in the year 2019 is a waste of time. That used to be true 20 years ago, but it no longer applies to modern politics.

If you want to beat Trump in the battleground states, choose mainstream candidates like Joe Biden and Klobuchar. They will give the Dems the best shot at winning the rust belt states and Florida. Whoever wins those battleground states will win the election.

I am very sorry to say that you will get nowhere with your posts, you will not make them think about what you are saying that is so clear to me. and I have been trying to let them know for a very long time. Unfortunately we don't have here any longer the good  posters that could come up with good threads and not bias ones and make a point. and try to deal with the issues at hand in an objective manner.
So sorry, but yes, we will loose the elections, and the more that they mention Warren or Bernie, they more that  that will loose.
I am afraid that many think that I want Trump back in  office, and that is why I post what I post, they have become as cultisn as the Trump follows.
They are following an agenda that will not produce positive effect. Medicare for all will never be the law of the land, and so many other crazy ideas that that both Warren, and Bernie want to see. Bernie has been preaching those ideas for decades, and they have never been a favorite of all.
But I guess that words that do not mimic what they want to hear are irrelevant, so sorry, but it has become a waste of time and perhaps that is why so many posters don't bother with this  message board any longer.r

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 61

Hmmmm   .. 

might Bernie pick Alexandria for VP?   One old - one young- one male-one female; that would cover a lot of basis for Voters.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

AOC Endorses Bernie Sanders

Message 28 of 61

Selecting the best candidate on the basis of cash in the year 2019 is a waste of time. That used to be true 20 years ago, but it no longer applies to modern politics.

If you want to beat Trump in the battleground states, choose mainstream candidates like Joe Biden and Klobuchar. They will give the Dems the best shot at winning the rust belt states and Florida. Whoever wins those battleground states will win the election.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 61

Despite the fact that Joe Biden attends the Private Big Money Fundraisers....

elections cash on hand.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 61

Let's not forget...

Trump Rally....

trump rally 6.jpg