Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 8

@GailL1 wrote:

I don't usually listen to Chris Matthews on his normal interview shows but I found this one to be very interesting - the questioning and answers of both sides - what they thought when some of them voted for President Trump and what they thought now whether or not they had changed their perspective.

American citizens stating their views - some informed; some not so much - speaking about how things work.  What they like / dislike about specific programs and proposals from both parties.

I thought it took a bit of journalistic courage to pull differing groups like this together, question them, let them speak especially since many of them were from the same general area.  I thought his questions were also pretty good, focusing on major topics - immigration, healthcare, economy - jobs, trade, higher education, etc.

There was one time when I thought Tom Perez was gonna go after somebody - when he jumped up and said that Democrats believe in only working one job for life support - sorry I cannot find the exact quote.

Then again people booed when the young woman was talking about paying the $2100 per month for her higher ed. by working (3) jobs but she was able to live at home for this ed.

Intolerance abounded from both sides, IMO.  All in All, it was an interesting look at this part of America and how divided we are -

Isn't that exactly what Comey said was the 1st purpose of Russian meddling in his interview with Anderson Cooper on CNN a few nights ago - to throw chaos into our Democracy ("dirty it up"). 

Journalistic Courage - Mathews Was Born in and grew up in Pa. - it was a Lame Attempt by Mathews to appear as though he is still Relevant - Maddow is Clobbering him in Ratings inside MSNBC and outside - Matthews has been behind both The Story with Martha McCallum on Fox News and CNN’s Erin Burnett Out Front.

MSNBC is Contemplating moving Brian - I'm a War Hero - Williams from 11PM to Mathews Slot at 7PM

As Far As the Comment -

"What they like / dislike about specific programs and proposals from both parties".

Are You Talking About the Specific Programs - Bill Weld has Proposed?

Because if you are talking about the Specifics of any Plan Trump is Proposing - I'd be interested in seeing them in Writing

Yesterday I heard something about a Immigration Plan from Trump - but when Hassett was Pressed for Specifics here is what he said

1. We took what we thought were the best of the Plans from Canada and Europe & the Rest of the World - Translation - we did a Google Search and then Copied & Pasted a bunch of stuff we found on the Internet that looked good

2. Question - OK - well what about DACA - well those discussions are in progress

3. OK - well what about Asylum Seekers - well those discussions are in progress

4. Well give us at least some Specfics - Ok well basically what we want to do is Contract with One of the Top Management Consulting Firms - you know basically Corporate Head Hunters and have them Steal all the Intellectually Prpoerty from Other Countries that have industries who are out performing US Companies 

5. You mean like what China does and we are in a Trade War with them over it - well Not Exactly but pretty close - for Right Now we are just looking to Steal the Smartest People Away from every other Country so instead of them helping their Countries Become Global Competitors we can create more Poverty and Unrest so Terrorists can fill the void

OH OK - Thanks - We get it - Iraq 2.0 & something to keep Bolton busy with for another 6 years

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

I don't usually listen to Chris Matthews on his normal interview shows but I found this one to be very interesting - the questioning and answers of both sides - what they thought when some of them voted for President Trump and what they thought now whether or not they had changed their perspective.

American citizens stating their views - some informed; some not so much - speaking about how things work.  What they like / dislike about specific programs and proposals from both parties.

I thought it took a bit of journalistic courage to pull differing groups like this together, question them, let them speak especially since many of them were from the same general area.  I thought his questions were also pretty good, focusing on major topics - immigration, healthcare, economy - jobs, trade, higher education, etc.

There was one time when I thought Tom Perez was gonna go after somebody - when he jumped up and said that Democrats believe in only working one job for life support - sorry I cannot find the exact quote.

Then again people booed when the young woman was talking about paying the $2100 per month for her higher ed. by working (3) jobs but she was able to live at home for this ed.

Intolerance abounded from both sides, IMO.  All in All, it was an interesting look at this part of America and how divided we are -

Isn't that exactly what Comey said was the 1st purpose of Russian meddling in his interview with Anderson Cooper on CNN a few nights ago - to throw chaos into our Democracy ("dirty it up"). 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

And Moore is from Michigan? Another pivotal state. 

And he also predicted that trump would win in 16. We might pay attention to what he says...besides, I do like listening to him. He has some very honest and factual perspectives. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

Michael Moore quote at 4 minutes and 30 seconds of video...

Michael Moore: "Dismiss Trump at your own peril. I'm warning you. I know the people who live in my state, and I know how they think, and I know what their concerns are."

Opening Scene of Fahrenheit 11/9 (Youtube)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smBCzQkfSSE

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

I did watch and thought that it was interesting. People are interested in good jobs and healthcare. Seems like a toss up area which could well go either way...may well depend on how the stock market goes, if healthcare is taken away, or if trump is made to look like he has been up to no good...we’ll see. 

I do agree that Chris gets a little overbearing at times, but he does make some good observations. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@GailL1 wrote:

TownHall with People who voted for Trump last election in a county that hadn't gone Republican in a very long time, but did in 2016.

Interesting - These are our Fellow American - with all the rights that we all have.

I used to watch Mathews a long time ago B4 he got Dementia - he had a lot of experience in Politics & used to provide good insight

Now all he does is scream at his guests - forget what he's talking and Slurs his words 

I don't care about what people who Voted for Trump think - most of them are demented as well

Trump promised the people of Pa. that he was going to bring Coal Mining & Manufacturing back to Pa. - all that's happened is hundreds of warehouses have been built along major highways that are used as Cross Docks

These Cross Docks allow Trucks coming from say Mexico to drop off their loads where they are broken down into smaller loads and stored waiting for regional & local truck to pick the loads up & deliver them

These are minimum wage low skilled jobs no benefits & the turnover is huge

Trump has the ability to take credit for the 401k's & pensions of people in Pa. doing well in the stock market although no one can point to or name a single thing Trump has done to maintain this

So what's the Breaking News all about - it must have really been inspirational?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

Sorry, I usually watch local news at this time. perhaps if you are washing you can tell us what happens.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

ANYBOY WATCHING MSNBC - CHRIS MATTHEWS SHOW - Right now?

Message 8 of 8

TownHall with People who voted for Trump last election in a county that hadn't gone Republican in a very long time, but did in 2016.

Interesting - These are our Fellow American - with all the rights that we all have.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors