Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ANOTHER PEEK INTO THE TRUMP PHILOSOPHY

Message 11 of 27

@nctarheel wrote:

"You're out of your COTTON-PICKING mind."

That phrase has been used in the south for generations, by blacks and whites regardless of skin color.  There is another phrase you might find racist as well....'Bless your pea picking heart', sometimes as 'Bless your little pea-picking heart'. A popular gospel and folk song artist, Tennessee Ernie Ford,  used that phrase on his national TV show.

You claim to be a NC Tarheel and you've never heard those phrases widely used?

You seem fascinated by using the term 'Spanky' for some reason.  It was made popular by the Little Rascals movies from the 1930s

Here's Spanky!!!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykM9CZB_vXI

There are also many people with that as a nickname, and also restaurants called 'Spanky's.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Suppose he had said, "You're out of your COTTON PICKIN' mind" to a white person - would you get upset over that?

What an excellent rebuttal!!!!

Only one problem.... He didn't say it to a WHITE person; he said it to a BLACK person!!!!!!!!!

Using your ill thought diversionary argument though, one could then say:

Calling a WHITE person a N_ _ _ _ _ would not be racist and one shouldn't get upset over the use of the word............ or

Calling a CHRISTIAN person a k_k_ would not be racist and one shouldn't get upset over the use of the word.

What a silly argument.

Plus, it is not what happened.

He said COTTON-PICKIN' to a BLACK Man.

It was purely a RACIST thing to have done and those that think it isn't are supporting RACISM.

I did not see an answer in that, I'll try again. Is saying, "Are you out of your COTTON PICKING mind" RACIST if said to a white person - from your perspective (or as we on the right say just "a person" regardless of skin color)?

Only a true racist would even think there was something wrong with saying "are you out of your cotton picking mind" to anyone (white or black)! Do you get this stuff from "rules for liberals"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 27

rk9152 says "These boards are always an education."

--------------------

Why don't you learn anything ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 27

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Suppose he had said, "You're out of your COTTON PICKIN' mind" to a white person - would you get upset over that?

Only one problem.... He didn't say it to a WHITE person; he said it to a BLACK person!!!!!!!!!

Calling a WHITE person a N_ _ _ _ _ would not be racist and one shouldn't get upset over the use of the word............ or

Calling a CHRISTIAN person a k_k_ would not be racist and one shouldn't get upset over the use of the word.

What a silly argument.

It was purely a RACIST thing to have done and those that think it isn't are supporting RACISM.

I did not see an answer in that, I'll try again. Is saying, "Are you out of your COTTON PICKING mind" RACIST if said to a white person - from your perspective (or as we on the right say just "a person" regardless of skin color)?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

What a silly argument.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 27

@MIseker wrote:
So I asked some whites whose people picked cotton. its an insult to intelligence. when used to a black person, you have incorporated enslavement into the equation.

A bit silly? maybe, but not to a lot of people. too bad the guy that said it is such a social idiot to blurt it out when he did. we see lots of this now.

so for the term to be an insult requires tailoring one's thinking and language based on skin color - lefty racism.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 27
So I asked some whites whose people picked cotton. its an insult to intelligence. when used to a black person, you have incorporated enslavement into the equation.

A bit silly? maybe, but not to a lot of people. too bad the guy that said it is such a social idiot to blurt it out when he did. we see lots of this now.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 27

@nctarheel wrote: 

"You're out of your COTTON-PICKING mind."

Do you publish a list of the words and phrases that violate the First Amendment?  Do you publish a list of who can say those words and phrases? I ask because I know that the rules for the right are much more stringent than the left.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 27

@afisher wrote:

The best description of how donald sees things and why he will never ever serve anyone more that the small number of far-right:  

In general, there are two types of negotiations. There is the “win-lose” type (or Distributive negotiation) where one party receives more and the other party receives less. This is the common approach when buying a car or real estate, or haggling at a street market.

The other type of negotiation is “win-win” (or Integrative negotiation). This type is used when negotiating between a company and a worker’s union, with long term suppliers, negotiating agreements between international allies – and even with adversaries.

The tactics for the two types of negotiations are very different. In the first type (win-lose), bluffing, threats (like threatening to walk away), even lying are commonly used. (Sound familiar?)

The approach to an integrative negotiation includes building trust, understanding the other party’s concerns, and knowing the details of the agreement – with the goal to reach a mutually beneficial agreement.

Donald is an I win person- he doesn't give two hoots who is harmed by this decisions, it is all about him.    The alt-right ignoblers seem to not comprehend that all he wants from them is adulation.   He feeds them garbage and they don't think about if it will harm them - they follow him because he 'said" he had the solution.   The problem his followers don't comprehend is that the solution is only for him...he uses words that they twist to somehow believe it will help them.   

This ignobeler wonders which tactic applies to the COTTON PICKING that has nc's panties in a wad.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 27

@angeleyes64 wrote:

@ rk9152

I REALLY do hope blacks are watching very closely before this election, and hope more go out and vote against this scum bag.
If he makes any promises to, or for, Blacks it''s More lies.. I know what he said and why,
So do you

I think your quaking in terror is interfering with your thinking. The "scumbag" in question is Bossie who you "know what he said and why". What is he running for?

That's the nice thing about enjoying the sunshine and clear air rather then quivering in fear - it is so much easier to see reality without all that hatred.

Kudos
Views