Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AMERICANS SLAUGHTERED WHILE MITCH SITS

Message 1 of 16

@WebWiseWoman wrote:

My apology in advance, @myexper but I disagree with anything "partisian"; in fact I wonder why "party" matters anymore...

Party matters because it is a "partisan" issue when most all Republicans are refusing to allow ANY gun control legislation to pass.

Republicans fear and obey the NRA as they donate most all of their huge political contributions to Republican candidates.

That said, the issue we're seeing is not about "background checks" but arms available.

Both issues are most important.

If we succeed in once again banning military type weapons from civilian use, we still need to make sure other dangerous people are not able to purchase ANY TYPE of firearm ..... through extended background checks and the need to close the "gun show loophole" whereby anybody can purchase a firearm without any background check.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Perhaps the good people of Kentucky will realize the only ones who benefited from Yertle's efforts to support coal have been the mine owners - everybody else got chewed up roads, poison water and black lung. Demo's have a fantastic candidate, and all it takes to put an end to Yertle is a high turnout.

Who is that fantastic Demo that we haven't heard about? 

All "informed" people "have heard about" the Democratic candidate poised to run against Mitch.  And that "fantastic" candidate is Amy McGrath, a retired Marine lieutenant colonel and combat pilot!

Per Wikipedia:

She was the first female Marine Corps pilot to fly the F/A-18 on a combat mission.[1][2] McGrath served for 20 years in the Marine Corps during which time she flew 89 combat missions bombing al Qaeda and the Taliban.[3][4] In 2016, she was inducted into the Aviation Museum of Kentucky's Hall of Fame and her military story is described in Band of Sisters: American Women at War in Iraq

So NOTHAPPENING, Amy McGrath IS INDEED A FANTASTIC DEMOCRAT AND FANTASTIC WOMAN AS WELL!!! .......

as opposed to Mitch who was an army reserve private released by the army when he had trouble in basic training.

And Mitch's cowardice in confronting the NRA, exhibited by his need to seek their permission before making a decision, further reflects on Mitch's obvious weakness and poor choices ..... bowing to the will of the NRA instead of doing what 90% of Americans are asking of him!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

How much lower can it get that that?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

And then hours after El Paso, the McConnell campaign posted this:

View image on Twitterhttps://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/mitch-mcconnell-twitter-amy-mcgrath-to...

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

Newsweek - America's Gun Violence Epidemic...

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

My apology in advance, @myexper but I disagree with anything "partisian"; in fact I wonder why "party" matters anymore...

That said, the issue we're seeing is not about "background checks" but arms available.

My two youngest daughters and their step-sis had high-powered weapons with mass-destruction abilities pointed at their backs 1-Oct, 2017. Thanks to security personnel they survived without major wounds physically, although the emotional toll may never leave them.

I stood on my patio listening to the first responders going to the scene while watching vague news reports on television, and awaiting responses from #2 s-i-l who communicated with all of us while their father sped his way to remove them from the then unknown threat.

The threat found to be a white, 50s, male, who could pass any background check; ANY; including possibly with fewer red flags than current administration leader.

"Gun control" in the form of gun ownership isn't the current issue, in my estimation; the type and purpose of a weapon is the issue.

#VegaStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Perhaps the good people of Kentucky will realize the only ones who benefited from Yertle's efforts to support coal have been the mine owners - everybody else got chewed up roads, poison water and black lung. Demo's have a fantastic candidate, and all it takes to put an end to Yertle is a high turnout.

Who is that fantastic Demo that we haven't heard about?  Could it be Bernie Sanders or one of his partners, Ben and Jerry?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

@ChasKy53 

I feel your pain! I live in a red state too. 1 Senator and Rep follow in absolute lock step with trump. Now we have a Gov playing trump jr with a budget director who is evil. 

It’s painful to watch repubs not only destroy our country, but also to destroy and gut our state...it’s similar to the brownback / Kansas fiasco, or the current trump / US fiasco!

And mitch, there are no good words for you!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16
I call it karma, lol!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

@Olderscout66 wrote:

How much longer will the Republicans march in lock-step to Trump and McConnell? How much longer will voters in Kentucky march in lock-step wtih them? I live in this state and cannot answer that.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views