Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

AMERICANS ARE NOT FREE TO CHOOSE THEIR HEALTH CARE

Message 21 of 21

That slogan reminded me of another slogan. 
In 1959 in Cuba, when Castro took over, in the first couple of months he took the dial tone out of the phone system,and put a recording that said.
Cuba, the first free country of the Americas.
it took me sometime to really understand what that meant. by his statement then the US was not free and many of the Latin American countries were not free or Canada and many others. Then I understood.  The freedom that he was speaking about was Communisim
The slogan that it has been mentioned is an opaque statement. why? because, yes you are free to choose or not to choose to have health care insurance. but that means, that if you don't have health insurance, and you go to the ER and can't pay, you will be having me the tax payers pay for you, and all those costs will go up.
Yes, you will have the freedom to choose and be in charge of your health care but, if the programs that are offered are too expensive for you to be able to buy it. what then?
Yes, you are in charge of your health care as long as there is a health care that exists in your area and that you can afford. 
Great way of having freedom of choice.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies