Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AMERICANS ARE NOT FREE TO CHOOSE THEIR HEALTH CARE

Message 11 of 21

Government should not be in the health insurance business to start with can't find in the constitution anywhere that they should be 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

For those who have not read my initial post.

That slogan reminded me of another slogan. 
In 1959 in Cuba, when Castro took over, in the first couple of months he took the dial tone out of the phone system,and put a recording that said.
Cuba, the first free country of the Americas.
it took me sometime to really understand what that meant. by his statement then the US was not free and many of the Latin American countries were not free or Canada and many others. Then I understood.  The freedom that he was speaking about was Communisim
The slogan that it has been mentioned is an opaque statement. why? because, yes you are free to choose or not to choose to have health care insurance. but that means, that if you don't have health insurance, and you go to the ER and can't pay, you will be having me the tax payers pay for you, and all those costs will go up. Whose freedom are you talking about?
Yes, you will have the freedom to choose and be in charge of your health care but, if the programs that are offered are too expensive for you to be able to buy it. what then?I guess that if you won't have health insurance. you are sure in charge of what?

Yes, you are in charge of your health care as long as there is a health care that exists in your area and that you can afford. 
Great way of having freedom of choice. Only the unfinformed can call that freedom of choice.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Not only are Americans free to buy any healthcare insurance they want, they also are FREE to NOT buy healthcare insurance.  That's what freedom is - the right to choose and the right to do nothing.

Isn't that what I said in my initial  post?  and explained as to why they are in reality not free to do so as you say? 

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21

You are so right. If our senators do not stop this health care bill the only choices we will have for health care will be hospital emergency rooms. When all of the hospitals close then the only choice we will have will be prison. 

By that time it may be our only option as we will all be so broke we will be homeless and hungry too!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

Not only are Americans free to buy any healthcare insurance they want, they also are FREE to NOT buy healthcare insurance.  That's what freedom is - the right to choose and the right to do nothing.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

The more harm that they do( and they are batting 100)  the sooner that they will leave.
Wait, until the tax  cuts hit the road. wait until all of this is really evaluated, wait untill the 800 billion  of cuts to Medicaid are felt. I am hoping very hard to see that they do all of these changes. Because Americans will not understand, really understand what they have done, until it really touches their pockets.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

When hospitals and clinics close in rural America, then and perhaps only then will some voters admit that they really did like having health insurance and a local place to get medical treatment.         

People seem to believe that hospitals / clinics don't go out of business, but they do.   One of the reasons that there have been a decrease in closures is because of ACA.    

People seem to casually say, but it is okay, the nearest hospital is "only" 20 minutes away and forget that the ambulance will not be sitting around in a town without a hospital, so the 20 minute away ignores that entirely.

As the population ages, not all of those people will want to remain in a small town without healthcare access.   

And with that decrease in size means that the favorite RW tea party / Freedom types will not have a population to support their position (reminder population drives the House of Representative re-distribution.   If the US remains a functional democracy in 2030, that census will be an interesting reshuffling of the deck.      

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

Sure Americans are fee to choose if they can afford it. I currently pay 56% of my income for supplemental insurance just because I have epilepsy. It matters not that I go to my Neurologist and take my medication as prescribed. It only matters that I have been diagnosed with "Epilepsy" Even though my seizures are partial complex and are at best a minute of smacking my lips and looking at my hands and NOT GRAN MAL, 

Hike my cost more and my only choices for health care will be the emergency room or prision. NOT FUNNY!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

Sure Americans are fee to choose if they can afford it. I currently pay 56% of my income for supplemental insurance just because I have epilepsy. It matters not that I go to my Neurologist and take my medication as prescribed. It only matters that I have been diagnosed with "Epilepsy" Even though my seizures are partial complex and are at best a minute of smacking my lips and looking at my hands and NOT GRAN MAL, 

Hike my cost more and my only choices for health care will be the emergency room or prision. NOT FUNNY!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

Let me get this right. It is more important to use U.S funds to pay for an 

"advise and assist" mission with the Somali National Army, than advise and assist Americans with helath care? 

Guess what Washington your ego trips are killing us, literally!

Kudos
Views