Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AMERICANS ARE NOT FREE TO CHOOSE THEIR HEALTH CARE

Message 1 of 21

@hank35016 wrote:
You need to go back to civics class. I believe the days of personal responsibility have gone the way of AARP being a good voice for all seniors not just the ones on the left

Sorry, but I do not understand your comment,  care to clarify? I am reading that personal responsibility is no longer needed in this country, is that what you meant?
Well, I guess my children were very lucky, because I did instill in them the notion of personal responsibility, and that is one of the reasons that I do not like this plan. Because it will throw lots of people into the ER that will be treated and will not have the money to pay, and I will be paying for them. Unless you tell me that this bill will take care of that.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

Pan--Your last comment, "responsibility and being taken care of on the public's dime, are tge adult reasoning behind health insurance. Thank you!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21

@hank35016 wrote:
You need to go back to civics class. I believe the days of personal responsibility have gone the way of AARP being a good voice for all seniors not just the ones on the left

If your comment is directed at me, you need to say so.  If it was directed at me, what part of my two line post did you not understand or disagree with?  What you were doing in your original argument was dismissing any program that was not specifically mentioned in the Constitution.  Are you trying to say the 3/5ths clause was never in the Constitution?   So do you believe the Founding Fathers were omnipotent and could foresee 240 years into the future?  Or was health care not an issue for them because they were still in an age when you could pay the local doctor with a couple of chickens for your care?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21

NOTHAPPENING: Not only are Americans free to buy any healthcare insurance they want, they also are FREE to NOT buy healthcare insurance.  That's what freedom is - the right to choose and the right to do nothing.

What happens when those oh so free people have a catastrophic injury or illness......are you just as free to not pay the taxes it will take to care for them? It's selfish to refuse to purchase insurance knowing you'll be taken care of on the public's dime if anything happens (which it does everyday). I thought conservatives valued taking personal responsibility? Guess not.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21

T147244j-I absolutely agree.

when people come in with no insurance and can't pay the bill, one of three things happen.  Over a period of time and defaults

1. Prices increase to try to make up for the unpaid bills

2. Staff is cut

3. Hospitals close

thank you for your post.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

Hank--Can you find Medicaid, Medicare, or Social Security in the Constitution? Should we give any money we have received from them back?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21
All the supreme court said was the mandate fine was a tax
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

@hank35016 wrote:

Government should not be in the health insurance business to start with can't find in the constitution anywhere that they should be 

But there are things in the original Constitution like the 3/5ths Clause.  That is why the Constitution is a living document that evolves over time.  It has also been necessary for the Government and its functions to evolve with time.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21

@hank35016 wrote:

Government should not be in the health insurance business to start with can't find in the constitution anywhere that they should be 

I am not sure, but I don't think that when the Constitution was written there were many open hospitals in the nation. and of course,not many doctors either. and Penicillin was not even known.or in the Constitution.

To compare our present Health care and say that it is unconstitutional. I guess that you forget that the Supreme Court said it was.
Unless of course, you don't like the Supreme Court either.

Obamacare was never an Insurance program it was a law that told the insurances how they should conduct their programs. 
I can see now and so can millions of Americans that someone has to tell the Insurances what to do, and how to do so.
I Happen to be a proponent of a Universal Health Care system. but I don't think that the US is knowledgeable enough to understand that system. I do feel that now, and with what it is coming, they will.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors