Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL

Message 11 of 27

@rker321 wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

In spite of Politics  on both sides ,this country is still beautiful and thriving. Although I didn`t like Obama  and his policies ,I respected that he won the election(2) and didn`t obcess over it .The left seems incapable of doing that.

The only problem that I see with your post, is that actually, I don't represent the Left. I am not even a Democrat. I am a very proud Republican  that is against this Administration that is turning my party into a party that ignore moral values.
My party was a party that I was proud of, now, i feel ashamed to see those Republican in Congress and Senate that have no stones to actually stand to this President and allow this President to thrash their moral values. 

New policy, new policy. Who's going to break the truth to the author of this reply?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 27

This is rker's topic and rker's title. The land and the concept of what its government should be and do remains beautiful.  Few in the world disagree IF they understand that the land and the concept are not necessarily the same as the people in it.  Should be...but isn't.

A long time ago, the term "Ugly American" came into common use with ample reasons for that.  Beautiful was no longer a term that fit overall, because some components had become rotten, ethically and morally corrupt, believing and acting contrary to the concept of its founders. 

That pejorative now clearly fits a significant number of this Nation's current citizens who, knowingly or not, voted to install a corrupt regime to govern it. 

I am so sorry this is so.  Perhaps this November we can begin to 'fix it".  Given what has happened and will continue to happen until we do, it is going to take awhile.  Longer than I will be around to witness.  I am so sorry this is so.  I know I am not alone in this regret.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 27

All this "tearing from the bosom of the mother" jazz is very dramatic but here is a question - how many of the roughly 12,000 minors arrived here unaccompanied? I have heard about 10,000. If anyone has better numbers, let's talk about it. But the point is, if separating families is the issue, the stats show it to be a very small issue.

Remember all the posts with weeping and gnashing of teeth over the effects of the separation of children from their families - what about when they separate themselves?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 27

@easyed598 wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

I don`t see moral values having anything to do with how Trump is running the country.

Centrists  wrote-And you won't.

He is actually doing what he promised....

So you voted for someone who promised he'd rip an infant from his nursing mother's breast? Say's a LOT about his "base".

and the Dems and some Republicans.....and most all Independents....

are upset that he is actually doing what he promised. I  find it refreshing that he is doing what he  promised.....yes, you do, even if it's immoral.  Many of the Nazi's were pleased Hitler was exterminating the Jews just as Hitler promised.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There you go with the untrue Nazi comparisons  again .Don`t you see you how you lose all credability when you post that .I was going to to say something about stupidity in my reponse but I didn`t want to get banned.

The comparison is the support given to evil people by their followers, but apparently some have to have it explained to them.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 27

Only to very ignorant people is ripping a nursing infant from their mother's nipple, making anything great, moreless, again.

It’s not just cruel to separate a breastfeeding baby from a mom. It’s medically dangerous.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 27

@easyed598 wrote:

I don`t see moral values having anything to do with how Trump is running the country.

Centrists  wrote-And you won't.

So you voted for someone who promised he'd rip an infant from his nursing mother's breast? Say's a LOT about his "base".

and the Dems and some Republicans.....and most al Independents....

are upset that he is actually doing what he promised. I  find it refreshing that he is doing what he  promised.....yes, you do, even if it's immoral.  Many of the Nazi's were pleased Hitler was exterminating the Jews just as Hitler promised.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There you go with the untrue Nazi comparisons  again .Don`t you see you how you lose all credability when you post that .I was going to to say something about stupidity in my reponse but I didn`t want to get banned.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 27

Rker wrote Sorry that is not my Republican Party, it may have become yours, but I will tell you it will come bacK I have faith in all Americans that they will fight to see  the end of this nightmare.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Trump keeping his campaign promises is one person`s nightmare and another person`s  Making America great again and fullfilling an American dream.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 27

@easyed598 wrote:

And you won't.

and the Dems and some Republicans.....and most al Independents....

are upset that he is actually doing what he promised. I  find it refreshing that he is doing what he  promised.....yes, you do, even if it's immoral.  Many of the Nazi's were pleased Hitler was exterminating the Jews just as Hitler promised.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 27

Olderscout is a avery biased individual that blames all Republicans for what just a few has done.

I don't happen to agree with his conclusions and I do believe that the moral values that the Republicans have always sustained are now gone and have been supplanted by this new morality that exhalts  Alternative facts, that is cruel beyond belief that think of our allies as enemies and our enemies as our friends. Sorry that is not my Republican Party, it may have become yours, but I will tell you it will come bacK I have faith in all Americans that they will fight to see  the end of this nightmare.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 27

Olderscout inferred that we got dirty air and the country is being destroyed by  Trump.Of course he is wrong and the country has made great strides in improving everything by Trump keeping his campaign promises. Is it any wonder his approval rating keeps going up?
Trump Job Approval (Weekly)

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors