Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AMERIC SEES IN COLORS

Message 21 of 81

@cm9889168 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

You stated it...I was just responding to what you posted. And you made it personal by asking what I was doing. And your marriage was not part of the conversation. 

A person's background does enter into such a conversation.  It gives some credibility of whether they are only entering into a political discussion on the topic or not.  There is more than marriage that is in this background including experience in these matters.  That includes training in human relations along with actual work experience in the workplace and personal life.

What is your qualifications to question mine?  Except for the sake of political posturing?  When a person has a posting background of questioning someone because of political opinion in many matters this could be questioned.

I would believe that this is way off-topic.

Yes it is- and TxGrandpa2 went and stayed off topic for a number of posts...

No thanks are due for what a great many people might well consider an off-topic, bogus series of posts attacking another poster's position in support of your particular socio/political opinion...

My opinion?  for starters - here's a graphic that tells the truth...

4glt.jpg

And speaking of being 'off topic'...what exactly does this picture have to do with the 'topic' - "Americ(sic) Sees in Colors"?  It's not truthful to the Americans who love this country and want it to succeed.  But then again, what do mostly all posts have to do with anything besides showing hate for someone who has a different opinion or trying to 'get even'?

Too many times, some go 'off-topic' and have gone on and on about their mixed family which sounds like it's a qualification to judge other's ethnicity, so isn't someone able to give their opinion, too? 

“It is amazing how many people think that they can answer an argument by attributing bad motives to those who disagree with them. Using this kind of reasoning, you can believe or not believe anything about anything, without having to bother to deal with facts or logic.”   

Thomas Sowell

Thomas Sowell, like Tucker Carlson, is paid hansomely to betray his country...

I've never believed the words of a republican/conservative since the days of Nixon's deliberate and knowing felonious dishonesty.

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 81

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 81

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

The way to keep it alive instead of working to temper it.

Wrong again Tex .......

Denying racism when it applies "keeps racism alive".

So you believe that everyone should continue talking about racism, continually drawing attention to it

When the situation warrants it .... ABSOLUTELY!

and keeping racism alive, instead of working to temper it?

Once again Tex ... Denying racism when it applies "keeps racism alive"!

Do you actually think that all this dialogue is helpful in bringing people of different categories together?

What "categories" are you talking about?

What kind of training have you had in dealing with racial situations? 

An off topic evasion ....

Doesn't sound like any.

..... Followed by yet another evasion.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 81

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

You stated it...I was just responding to what you posted. And you made it personal by asking what I was doing. And your marriage was not part of the conversation. 

A person's background does enter into such a conversation.  It gives some credibility of whether they are only entering into a political discussion on the topic or not.  There is more than marriage that is in this background including experience in these matters.  That includes training in human relations along with actual work experience in the workplace and personal life.

What is your qualifications to question mine?  Except for the sake of political posturing?  When a person has a posting background of questioning someone because of political opinion in many matters this could be questioned.

No thanks are due for what a great many people might well consider an off-topic, bogus series of posts attacking another poster's position in support of your particular socio/political opinion...

4glt.jpg

And speaking of being 'off topic'...what exactly does this picture have to do with the 'topic' - "Americ(sic) Sees in Colors"?  It's not truthful to the Americans who love this country and want it to succeed.  But then again, what do mostly all posts have to do with anything besides showing hate for someone who has a different opinion or trying to 'get even'?

Too many times, some go 'off-topic' and have gone on and on about their mixed family which sounds like it's a qualification to judge other's ethnicity, so isn't someone able to give their opinion, too? 

“It is amazing how many people think that they can answer an argument by attributing bad motives to those who disagree with them. Using this kind of reasoning, you can believe or not believe anything about anything, without having to bother to deal with facts or logic.”   

Thomas Sowell

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 81

@rker321 

I would follow up and concur with Alfred and to add that I think your posts are very sincere. Provide answers...not yet. I am still of the mind to ask, where is the primer or guide which says, here is how all the different groups of people wish to be referred to as. Until then, there are certainly words to be avoided, and I will try my best to be courteous and respectful. Racism is real, racism is here, so let’s don’t try to ignore it, but instead understand and defeat it...that may take awhile...especially since we have a president who is a racist and promotes racism. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 81

@rker321 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

What issic your qualifications to question mine?  Except for the sake of political posturing?  When a person has a posting background of questioning someone because of political opinion in many matters this could be questioned.

LOL  good picture Alferd, but,  was I able to construct my post to show what made me start this thread?

Yes, you did show what the truth is.

While I don't always agree with  some of the social and political rationalizations you employ, there's no doubt that you are truthful.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 81

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

LOL  good picture Alferd, but,  was I able to construct my post to show what made me start this thread?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 81

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

4glt.jpg

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 81

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 

You stated it...I was just responding to what you posted. And you made it personal by asking what I was doing. And your marriage was not part of the conversation. You brought in personal. 

Just curious, Was I able to provide you with some answers to your questions?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 81

@williamb39198 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors