Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AK-47's have no place here...In My Opinion

Message 1 of 16

There was a time when children were not afraid to go to school.    People could go to a threater, a club, a church and not get attacked.    But those days are over.   

To address the current state of affairs there is only one solution because we already have some laws on the books concerning background checks and checking people before they go to a large gathering. ...etc.  

The only way to rid ourselves of the problem ...is to stop the manufacture of the weapons of mass killings....the ones that killed so many in a matter of seconds.    Have a  law that ALL these types of weapons need to be turned in.   

The gun lovers need to  stop being so selfish..     Stop worrying this will lead to losing ALL your guns to laws......although that might not be such a bad thing for this country which has a horrible addiction that even seems childish in having a macho imagine of themselves cause they own a weapon.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jfpinlvn wrote:

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

Two more mass murders in one day! 

What does it take for our congress people to stop this horror? What? It hasn't touched their lives yet and so it is less important to them than the MONEY coming from the NRA?

Today is the Lord's DAY, and I have thanked the Lord for today.

Now I will take time to write to all of my congress people who continually email me or mail me with requests for funds. I will tell each and every one of them how disgusted I am at their refusal or inability to deal with the issue of AK47's! I will let them know not to expect one more penny from me until this issue is resolved.

I understand the right to bear arms, but assault weapons should not be in the hands of any person who is not an active member of the military and deployed!

I think that the possesion of a fully automatic rifle, including the AK-47, is already illegal. So you can continue to support your favorite politician.

Over 99% of AK47's, AR15 types, Bushmasters, etc in the hands of people here in America are semi-automatic only firearms.

If one converts their AK47 or AR15 firearm to full auto in violation of NFA Laws - or installs a "bump stock" and gets caught - they face multiple felony charges - multiple years in the slammer - and multiple fines of ten thousand dollars per violation...

.... Unless they're White Supremacists ..... then Trump will likely pardon them!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

@jfpinlvn wrote:

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

What does it take for our congress people to stop this horror? What? It hasn't touched their lives yet and so it is less important to them than the MONEY coming from the NRA?

Now I will take time to write to all of my congress people who continually email me or mail me with requests for funds. I will tell each and every one of them how disgusted I am at their refusal or inability to deal with the issue of AK47's! I will let them know not to expect one more penny from me until this issue is resolved.

I understand the right to bear arms, but assault weapons should not be in the hands of any person who is not an active member of the military and deployed!

I think that the possesion of a fully automatic rifle, including the AK-47, is already illegal. So you can continue to support your favorite politician.

Over 99% of AK47's, AR15 types, Bushmasters, etc in the hands of people here in America are semi-automatic only firearms.

If one converts their AK47 or AR15 firearm to full auto in violation of NFA Laws - or installs a "bump stock" and gets caught - they face multiple felony charges - multiple years in the slammer - and multiple fines of ten thousand dollars per violation...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

The NRA is in the pocket of Congress Critters who will nominate justices that will support the NRA.  The justices intentionally misinterpret the Constitution to give the NRA what they want.  Think this is far-fetched?  Look at citizens united.  Commos sense doesn't exist in Congress.  Vote the morons out and changed the  law.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

Please, do not feel sorry for your opinion or even apologize. These types of fire armss are not and should never be in the hands of ordinary citizens. NOone that actually has a brain can see that those fire arms are  for military use.
I sometimes wonder if the Founding fathers would wake up and see what this country has become I wonder how they would change the wording in so many things that they wrote about.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

@Panjandrum wrote:

TracyofCotuit:  What does it take for our congress people to stop this horror? What?

Nothing will change as long as they are a subsidiary of the gun lobby.

WRONG! Everything will change when none of them occupies an elected office!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

"Assault weapon" is meaningless. What makes a weapon "military grade" is its ability to kill human beings quickly, and that capability comes from the weapon being able to fire semi-automatically (once each trigger pull) AND for it to keep firing for a long time which is where the high capacity clips and magazines come in.

The existing stock of semi-auto weapons, including AK-47 and AR-15 and all their "clones" can have the semi-automatic capability REMOVED by blocking the tube that allows gas from the exploding cartridge to operate the eject-reload-preptofire sequence. The magazines can be altered by inserting a piece of metal so only 8 cartridges will fit. Nothing changes about the appearance of the weapon, it can still get off a dozen shots in under a minute, BUT IT CANNOT SPRAY A CLASSROOM FILLED WITH FIVE-YEAR-OLDS, nor can it kill nine people in 37 seconds.

The ban must be on SEMI-AUTOMATIC WEAPONS and anything that allows them to fire more than 8 times before reloading. A $1000 reward for turning in anyone who does NOT have their current weapons modified will take care of the crooks who think they can keep their illegal weapons in a fairly short time.

We are the only Nation who suffers a constant barrage of mass murder and whose police are outgunned by the badguys and its because we're the only Nation with REPUBLICANS who want to tear down our society so they can rebuild it to their liking, and they like Corporate Oligarchies.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

my apology in advance, but "blame" does not fall on any political party, aside from the fact I believe there shouldn't be any political party at this point in our human existence.

"Blame" falls on we, the citizens, who allow these racist, sexist, classist, war mongering people to "represent the people".

"Gun control" will not work until the weapons used no longer are manufactured and sold; background checks, no matter how thorough, mean nothing; the ahole who shot at my daughters 1-Oct 2017 would have passed the most strict with flying colors; indeed, he could have run for president with fewer red flags than current #POTUS...

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

Here is how you end it. Do not vote for Trump or anyone with an R behind their name. Hopefully we can end it in 2020. Learn from it also. This problem has been growing for years now. We saw the AZ congresswoman, Sandy Hook, Charlotte, FL, etc and we looked at them as indv. happenings. They were not as they all have a connection. The far right who support no law or restrictions on firearms. The far right were born over a 1,000 years ago (kings) based on getting and holding power by terror, and killing. They used long knives at first and moved on to every new killing device we have seen. Our Country was founded on  breaking away from the far right, and we kept the far right in check by having them in all political parties so they could not control anything. Now they have taken over the Reb. party found a leader (Trump) and got some power so they do what they do best use terror and killing to govern. The people allowed this to happen as we all knew who Trump was before he was elected, now the people must end it in 2020 if we can.

Kudos
Views