Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 11 of 60

I like your idea of the wings of AARP. Will save a lot of wasted will power not responding to people in love with Putin. 

Report Inappropriate Content

Message 12 of 60

me too!  Hannity? Fox?

Some publication they recently mailed me had an article about that racist Sessions. I'm done with GOP-AARP

Message 13 of 60

When did Hillary say we need to get rid of old people? This isn’t about liberal or conservative, it’s about right and wrong. Why would a site such as AARP that supposedly  supports retirees and older people, support trump, hannity, freedom caucus and ryan when they want to do away with SS, Medicare and Medicaid?

So AARP is for us and against us?

That’s not logical, it’s lunacy!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 14 of 60

I'm finding this thread quite amusing.  Stop and think about it for a minute or two.  How many times have people here or people like Hillary Clinton said we have to get rid of all the old people for the liberal agenda to be voted in?  Why?  Because, for example, as people mature they acquire assets and want to protect their assets rather than giving them up to the liberal agenda.  In short, as they become older they become more conservative, which is why there are more conservatives in this country than liberals.  But hold on.  Who does AARP purport to represent?  Why, the elderly, of course.  So if the majority of AARP potential members are conservatives (which they are) what makes more sense than advertising on a conservative TV program?  By the way, I suspect the confusion comes in due to there being so many more liberal on this site than conservatives.  But that's to be expected.  Remember the silent majority?  Liberals have always been more vocal than conservatives.  Conservatives just look at the facts minus all the liberal BS, make up their minds based on those facts and go vote.  Incidentally, I suspect that's also why the polls are so far off.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 60

@williamb39198wrote:

My hope is that AARP can differentiate between slanted politically influenced news (fake news such as hannity) or real truthful news. Can it?

Does anyone know if they also spend advertising dollars with alex jones, rush, or national enquirer?

I vote no to give hannity one cent!

the truth matters

Or NBC or CBS or Rachel Maddow.......

Let it go folks, AARP represents ALL seniors. And advertising is a business decision, not a political one. Some are so deep in their hatred that they can't see beyond it.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 60

@rk9152wrote:

People - you have to get past your hatred and realize that AARP represents the interest of ALL seniors, not just the hate filled cult. This is just more of the politics of division. Shall we have a right-wing AARP and a left-wing AARP?

Here I though that AARP meant the American Association of Retired Progressives. Who'd thunk?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 60

@johncolombowrote:

According to Media Matters (https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2017/05/23/these-are-sean-hannitys-advertisers/216607), AARP is still occasionally buying ad spots on Sean Hannity's show.  This needs to stop.

You made my day.  TV or radio?  I hope it's between advertisements for Cars for Kids and Debt Stoppers.

Message 18 of 60

My hope is that AARP can differentiate between slanted politically influenced news (fake news such as hannity) or real truthful news. Can it?

Does anyone know if they also spend advertising dollars with alex jones, rush, or national enquirer?

I vote no to give hannity one cent!

the truth matters

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 60

Once again the hatred shows through. One person hasn't posted anything in over nine years but this topic (asleep for 5 months) requires a **bleep** post. And then there is the Fox is "unAmerican" post.

People - you have to get past your hatred and realize that AARP represents the interest of ALL seniors, not just the hate filled cult. This is just more of the politics of division. Shall we have a right-wing AARP and a left-wing AARP?

Message 20 of 60

Well AARP? You claim you are here to protect people 50+,and you use the money paid to you through our dues to buy advertising on a propaganda site that supports a president and a party that is not only unAmerican but is detrimental both financially and medically to seniors? 

Shame on this organization. Leads me to think renewing my subscription is no longer an option.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors