Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 1 of 60

Judgmentalism. Sweeping statements based on perceptions. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 60

yikes...you must be right ..there are no words on the right side of the screen. I can't read your right-leaning, words of discrimination based on your perception of the political leanings of those who do not agree with you on some random subject.  Snowflakes ..today? April 20? So late in the year.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 60

Ads = fishing for new members. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 60

@rk9152wrote:

@williamb39198wrote:

When did Hillary say we need to get rid of old people? This isn’t about liberal or conservative, it’s about right and wrong. Why would a site such as AARP that supposedly  supports retirees and older people, support trump, hannity, freedom caucus and ryan when they want to do away with SS, Medicare and Medicaid?

So AARP is for us and against us?

That’s not logical, it’s lunacy!

The answer is really quite easy but not understandable to those heavily into identity politics - AARP represents ALL retired people, not only radical left retired people.

Maybe, it's a matter of incompetence rather than intent.  The AARP forum rules favor members who frequently use indirect snark to those who use direct snark.  The frequent use of indirect snark is a feminine trait called "catty." See

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/compassion-matters/201211/why-do-women-act-catty

Donald Trump often uses direct snark and infrequently uses indirect snark therefore he is the opposite of catty.  More conservatives than liberals behave like Trump in that regard.  Thus, AARP promotes catty behavior in its forum members by banning those who use direct snark and that could be the reason why effeminately catty liberals outnumber conservatives in this forum.  And, of course, Donald Trump (and I) wouldn't use the crybaby button.  Well, it's just my theory. 

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 60

@patriciah559514wrote:

me too!  Hannity? Fox?

Some publication they recently mailed me had an article about that racist Sessions. I'm done with GOP-AARP

Of course we wouldn't want a national magazine of varied interests from an organization representing people of various thinking to run an article about the Attorney General of the United States.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 60

@williamb39198wrote:

When did Hillary say we need to get rid of old people? This isn’t about liberal or conservative, it’s about right and wrong. Why would a site such as AARP that supposedly  supports retirees and older people, support trump, hannity, freedom caucus and ryan when they want to do away with SS, Medicare and Medicaid?

So AARP is for us and against us?

That’s not logical, it’s lunacy!

The answer is really quite easy but not understandable to those heavily into identity politics - AARP represents ALL retired people, not only radical left retired people.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 60

AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

I stopped watching FOX news when it became clear to me that the US was being herded into  war based on a WMD threat that did not exist. That war led to the next war, which led to the next war, which will lead to the next war.

I cut the cable years ago, I don't watch commercials at all. 

I use an ad blocker on the Internet, I pay for the journalism I want to read.

I just throw junk mail away without reading it.

I block and filter phone calls, though some spam still does get through.

So I have no idea what ads AARP is showing anywhere, on any station.

So I looked for a sample of AARP commercials.

https://www.ispot.tv/brands/7hZ/aarp-services-inc

Most of them are for services AARP sells, not much in the way of advocacy at all.

Except maybe this one.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Aago/aarp-caregiver-assistance-help

I didn't watch them all, just a handful, I'm sure there are a few good ones,  but it's mostly AARP selling stuff.

So if you want to boycott FOX news and it advertisers, or tell AARP don't advertise there is you want me to continue paying dues and using you services I don't see anything wrong with doing that. We are free to associate with who we chose, just as AARP is free to advertise on FOX news and the Haninity show, we all are free to refuse to watch, listen, use or buy any of the stuff or services advertised on FOX.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 60

Dont confuse us with the facts. HURRAH for Hannity! Make Russia Great Agan.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 60

PS Stop the baloney fake quotations of HRC and anyone else. Not a sign of intelligence nor serious discussion.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 60

Uh, no. I am old & I've got some asaets. Betcha LOTS more than you do. Neither of those things turned me into a hate-mongering racist idiot.  Sorry for those for whom this has been the result.

If you watch Hannity - I cannot describe you in any more graphic terms than the above. Not on here. Meet ya over on twitter. Pity the fool.

Kudos
Views