Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP efforts to protect Social Security

Message 21 of 26

@n160004s wrote:

Is  President Trump interested in protecting all of Social Security or just parts of the program?  I think all of Social Security should be protected.  The articles are confusing. This is where AARP comes in to push to protect the program as a whole.  I hope that this is what you at AARP are doing.

From your post, I am making the assumption that you at this time are not too sure about what Trump will do or not to Social Security. and If I may say so. AARP is not the only one that has the responsibility to defend our Social Security. 
It is all of us, we are the ones that have the responsibility to defend SS. and how to do so. is by calling your Republican Senator and Congressman and tell them your opinion an how you feel regarding any cuts to SS.
Yes they do pay attention to phone calls, 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 26
Personally, I am not sure what, if anything he wants to protect. As I said before. I do not trust him period. IN his latest budget proposal I understand SSD would be gutted. NOT GOOD!!!! I hope AARP is staying on this, as anyone affected by potential cuts to the budget would be affected.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 26

Is  President Trump interested in protecting all of Social Security or just parts of the program?  I think all of Social Security should be protected.  The articles are confusing. This is where AARP comes in to push to protect the program as a whole.  I hope that this is what you at AARP are doing.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 26

That's the same reason I joined.  Smiley Happy   Social Security is something I care about deeply -- both for personal reasons and policy reasons.  

Welcome. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 26
First of all welcome!!! I do NOT believe President Trump wants to protect S.S. He must prove it. His words really don't mean much with me. You are correct about what Ryan and the GOP wants to do...we cannot let that hapen. I would just go to the AARP main web page and type in "what is AARP doing to protect SS and Medicare." You should get a lot of info! I hope this helps you.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP efforts to protect Social Security

Message 26 of 26

I have just joined AARP to get involved with protecting social security.   While Trumps says he wants to protect, it seems the Republicans led by Ryan want to destroy it via privatization. Does ARRP have specific newsletters or communities on this topic? Also, where can I find information on AARP’s lobbying efforts to protect social security?

Thanks.  GS

George
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors