Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A triple-amputee military vet’s GoFundMe has raised more than $11 million for Trump’s border wal

Message 31 of 47

Just imagine if someone decided to start a GoFundMe campaign to help homeless veterans. You know, the people that the right always uses as an excuse for why we shouldn't help refugees, or poor Americans. Or have universal access to health care. Or good schools. Or ... well, you get the picture.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A triple-amputee military vet’s GoFundMe has raised more than $11 million for Trump’s border wal

Message 32 of 47

You can build any kind of wall you want but not along MY border. We have to live here and changing the water ways and the migration patterns of animals  is just not acceptable. Especially to keep the hard working migrants looking for a sanctuary out. Those men and women work harder than any of the people who come down from up north. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 47

A fool and his money are soon parted.

I wonder how badly it will hurt GoFundMe to refund all that money.

Oh, not to mention stupid policy. Why throw $5 billion at a wall when illegal border crossings are at an all-time low? They totaled 1.6 million in 2000 and are now down to about 300,000. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 47

@Panjandrum wrote:

Oops.

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), chair of the House Judiciary Committee and a longtime proponent of tighter border security, hailed the vet’s “impressive” campaign, even as he expressed reservations about allowing private citizens to govern with their wallets.

“I think it’s admirable, and I think that the country should respond,” Goodlatte told The Post. “Obviously, we can’t let citizens raise money and say, ‘The government will spend my money on this purpose.’ ”

According to the Treasury Department, general donations to the feds are directed to a “Gifts to the United States” fund, set aside for “general use” by the federal government or “budget needs.”

https://nypost.com/2018/12/20/border-wall-gofundme-may-need-to-issue-refunds-after-millions-raised/a...

I'd be surprised if Ken K had not discovered this long before he began his scam. I would NOT be surprised if the next we hear from our RW darling will be in a postcard from Sao Tome'.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 47

Well that GO Fund Me, just showed up on Next Door. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 47

MaVolta,

Great post as always. I just hope all the money goes for this wall project. Mickstuder and olderscout66 posted some troubling details about the creator of the Go Fund Me account. Like you said " Happy Funding".. To bad the walls are coming down on what Trump has been up to for years.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 47

Oops.

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), chair of the House Judiciary Committee and a longtime proponent of tighter border security, hailed the vet’s “impressive” campaign, even as he expressed reservations about allowing private citizens to govern with their wallets.

“I think it’s admirable, and I think that the country should respond,” Goodlatte told The Post. “Obviously, we can’t let citizens raise money and say, ‘The government will spend my money on this purpose.’ ”

According to the Treasury Department, general donations to the feds are directed to a “Gifts to the United States” fund, set aside for “general use” by the federal government or “budget needs.”

https://nypost.com/2018/12/20/border-wall-gofundme-may-need-to-issue-refunds-after-millions-raised/a...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 47

Good job, Jim! What an excellent idea. Just "GoFundMe" a wall for Trump and let the Trump RWers pay for it since you all want it so badly. Now I'd say ol' Rush Limbaugh ought to be good for a cool million, and Ann Coulter could contribute another million or so out of the wealth of her book sales to you RW coolaid drinkers. Fox News would be a great source to pick up contributions. Happy fundraising!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 47

jimc91:  If neither Mexico nor Congress is going to fund President Trump’s border wall, then Brian Kol**bleep**e has a more expedient plan: GoFundMe.

I hope Mr. Bleep has the good sense to keep this money in an account Trump can't touch.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 47

Olderscout66,

Thank you also for your post, bringing attention to the True reason for the found raising efforts of this thing one Honorable man.  Facts are important, I appreciate anyone who updates any of my posts. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors