Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A sheriff put down his baton to listen to protesters. They chanted 'walk with us,' so he did

Message 11 of 16

I can't say most cops are trying to do the right thing, but I think it's a huge number of cops who are trying to do the right thing.  The ones I know are just heartbroken that this happened.  And are every single time it happens.  Not just for the life lost, but for the additional fear there is in the community when these murders happen, regardless of where they happen.   And all the work they've done to build good community relations is just blown to hell.  And I know a lot of black cops.  Where are they left in all this?   It's a disaster.   I do hope more police show their solidarity in a way people can understand. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A sheriff put down his baton to listen to protesters. They chanted 'walk with us,' so he did

Message 12 of 16

Another example: Erika Shields, Atlanta police chief, walked into a crowd of protesters and listened.

---

A football player put his knee on the astroturf protesting police brutality and the president wanted to shoot the messenger by dismissing the message and vilifying the whole NFL for disrespect.  A cop put his knee on a black man's neck and the president still wants to shoot the messenger.  Some people are trying to listen in spite of the president and his "ominous guns".

I don't agree with burning cities and destroying people's personal property and livelihoods.  That's why when it comes to placing a knee, I'll support the football player with his knee on the ground before I ever will the cop with his knee on a man's neck.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 16

@sunluvngal wrote:

This is AWESOME!  We need more of this...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/us/flint-michigan-protest-police-trnd/index.html

Genesee County Sheriff Chris Swanson spoke with demonstrators who were met by police officers in riot gear, local affiliate WEYI reported.

"The only reason we're here is to make sure that you got a voice -- that's it," Swanson said in video clips shown on Twitter.

"These cops love you -- that cop over there hugs people," he said, pointing to an officer.

He was speaking to the crowd protesting police brutality and the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

He smiled and high-fived people in the crowd, who responded by chanting, "walk with us!"

So, he did.

"Let's go, let's go," Swanson said as he and the cheering crowd proceeded. "Where do you want to walk? We'll walk all night."

This was done in Camden NJ by their police as well.  Both places are mainly against Trump. Yes we need more of that, but to get more of that you have to remove the cancer causing the main problem. Trump.   Trump and Hitler the same.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 16

It appears that more police officers are finally understanding that they can be more effective with a kind word than with a club. I hope that this can spread and continue.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 16

Great story.

Now we need to get Trump to "put down" his golf clubs and "listen to protesters".

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

A sheriff put down his baton to listen to protesters. They chanted 'walk with us,' so he did

Message 16 of 16

This is AWESOME!  We need more of this...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/us/flint-michigan-protest-police-trnd/index.html

Genesee County Sheriff Chris Swanson spoke with demonstrators who were met by police officers in riot gear, local affiliate WEYI reported.

"The only reason we're here is to make sure that you got a voice -- that's it," Swanson said in video clips shown on Twitter.

"These cops love you -- that cop over there hugs people," he said, pointing to an officer.

He was speaking to the crowd protesting police brutality and the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

He smiled and high-fived people in the crowd, who responded by chanting, "walk with us!"

So, he did.

"Let's go, let's go," Swanson said as he and the cheering crowd proceeded. "Where do you want to walk? We'll walk all night."

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
Trump 2020! 🙂
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors