Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A path to single payer?

Message 61 of 66

As a Medicare Advantage recipient, I have to say that I now considering a Supplemental plan rather than the Advantage programs. I am seeing that the Advantage programs are getting weaker and weaker in their benefits. So, we have decided to bite the bullet and pay for the Supplemental and have some piece of mind.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 66

You don't start negotiations from the middle. You wind up somewhere between center and right. 

Demand $15 an hour, you come away with $12. Demand $12, you get $10.

Demand Medicare for All, you get Medicare Buy In, or a Medicare Public Option. 

Murphy's plan wouldn't even be discussed if it weren't for Bernie traveling the country pushing for Medicare for All, healthcare "as a right". - a frightening thought for the private insurance companies.

Obama got the ball rolling. People now accept the idea of government involved in healthcare. Murphy's plan might be that next step. 

Personally, I think the simplest way would be - just mail everyone a Medicare Card for basic coverage, and be done with it.

How to pay for it? Taxes. End our endless wars. Every major country guarantees healthcare. Why not us?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 66

Another Medicare buy-in proposal. The devil is in the details.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 66

@gordyfl wrote:

If Dems win back Congress in 2018, or come close to it, and if Murphy can get this Bill passed by Congress, will Trump sign it. I'll say "Yes", and his approval ratings shoot up. Then what? Trump wins in 2020. Imagine that.

I think you mean Pence after Trump is impeached. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 66

If Dems win back Congress in 2018, or come close to it, and if Murphy can get this Bill passed by Congress, will Trump sign it? I'll say "Yes", and his approval ratings shoot up. Then what? Trump wins in 2020. Imagine that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

A path to single payer?

Message 66 of 66

Sen. Chris Murphy, a potential presidential contender, is working on legislation expected this fall that would let individuals and businesses buy into Medicare as part of Obamacare’s exchanges. As Sanders and other potential challengers to President Donald Trump flock to “Medicare for all,” embracing a top liberal priority before 2020, Murphy is taking a conspicuously more pragmatic approach designed to get Democrats closer to that lofty but potentially unobtainable goal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/murphy-democrats-rising-star-healthcare-bernie-sanders-2424...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.