Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A path to single payer?

Message 51 of 66

@gordyfl wrote:

Sounds so simple gordy , but which members of Congress are bought and paid for by the wealthy private healthcare and drug manufacturing world ???

Yes, I thought about that. It may not be that easy, even with a Democratic majority. 

lobbyists.jpg

A student of art once asked a teacher of art when to know when a piece of art is complete.  The answer:  "when nothing need be added and nothing need be taken away".  Randy seems to be there.  The teacher didn't credit the originator.....maybe didn't know....no matter, it's the thought that counts.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 66

Do we really have a Congress for the people ?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 66

Sounds so simple gordy , but which members of Congress are bought and paid for by the wealthy private healthcare and drug manufacturing world ???

Yes, I thought about that. It may not be that easy, even with a Democratic majority. 

lobbyists.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 66

BTW Paul Ryan and his Healthcare Lobbyist wife will never let single payer or drug price negotiation happen on their watch. HMMM

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 66

Sounds so simple gordy , but which members of Congress are bought and paid for by the wealthy private healthcare and drug manufacturing world ??? The Healthcare " Special Interest" Lobbyists in Congress run the show in D.C.  That's how 99% of us get it stuck to us !

It's a joke that we are the only developed Nation whose government refuses to negotiate drug prices !!! 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 66

@gordyfl wrote:

You don't start negotiations from the middle. You wind up somewhere between center and right.

Yup.  Liberals listen to other views and accept those with merit.  It's what they do. Radicals of the 'conservative' stripe, simply do not.  'Rational 'is not their guiding principal.  'WINNING' is.  

Demand $15 an hour, you come away with $12. Demand $12, you get $10.

Yup.  Called 'getting the best deal', so it is.  Honor or reason has nothing to do with it.  

Demand Medicare for All, you get Medicare Buy In, or a Medicare Public Option.

Nope.  All you'll get is endless protestations why it 'can't' work and demands to 'prove them wrong'.

Observe this forum...that's all you'll get from the 'radical right'.

Murphy's plan wouldn't even be discussed if it weren't for Bernie traveling the country pushing for Medicare for All, healthcare "as a right". - a frightening thought for the private insurance companies.

Yup.

Obama got the ball rolling. People now accept the idea of government involved in healthcare. Murphy's plan might be that next step. 

Only "SOME" 'people' accept that.  The RRR does not.  Murphy's plan will let 'them' kick the can down the road once more.

Personally, I think the simplest way would be - just mail everyone a Medicare Card for basic coverage, and be done with it.

Yup.

How to pay for it? Taxes. End our endless wars. Every major country guarantees healthcare. Why not us?

Well......yeaaahhhhh!......yeah again....yeah again.  Dunno, Alfie....why you think that is?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 66

@Roxanna35 wrote:

That  is the way that I have felt for years. you have the right not to have insurance and I SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO PAY FOR YOU IF YOU NEED HEALTH CARE AT ALL.

That makes sense. However, the Courts have ruled otherwise. That is why I was out of step with the Republican Party re Obamacare - the individual mandate made sense, with or without fully socialized medicine.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 66

@Panjandrum wrote:

afisher:  

Framing:    Universal Healthcare is what this country needs.    

Some will argue that people have the right to not have healthcare, to which I would respond.   You have the FREEDOM not to use a national healthcare regime, but you can always change your mind.      That changing your mind is also a FREEDOM.  

Yes, some people do argue they have the right not to have healthcare, but the taxpayers don't have the right to choose not to pick up their tab when a health disaster strikes them. They never seem to think of that.

That  is the way that I have felt for years. you have the right not to have insurance and I SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO PAY FOR YOU IF YOU NEED HEALTH CARE AT ALL.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 66

afisher:  

Some will argue that people have the right to not have healthcare, to which I would respond.   You have the FREEDOM not to use a national healthcare regime, but you can always change your mind.      That changing your mind is also a FREEDOM.  

Yes, some people do argue they have the right not to have healthcare, but the taxpayers don't have the right to choose not to pick up their tab when a health disaster strikes them. They never seem to think of that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 66

FRAMING:    Spending more money for an "ADVANTAGE" - that some have just figured out was a Rip-Off.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors