Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A non-alarmist reading of the Mueller Russia indictment

Message 1 of 14

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Instead of defending America, members of the Trump Cult defend their idol and hero in the White House 100% of the time. Are they Russian Bots?

As a non-collectivist, I cannot speak for others. But, as for me, I have no hero in the WH. I have read the report which is available on these boards and understand the intentions and methodology of the cyber attack.

Sadly, there are some whose hatred for our President and/or their disappointment at not getting their candidate elected makes them easy and willing targets for the Russians.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@rk9152wrote:

@MIsekerwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@jimc91wrote:

BY:   Byron York

So there is more to learn. But as far as the new indictment is concerned, there is good reason to stay calm. It's not Pearl Harbor, in any way, shape, or form.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-a-non-alarmist-reading-of-the-mueller-russia-indictment...

So having 13 Russian operatives here in America working to influence our presidential election in Trump's favor and hiring 100+ Americans to assist them in doing so is no big deal, right? What a strange way to look at this.

So three of them came here in mid-'14. Trump was not a candidate at that point. Had you been following the available information, you would know that influencing the election was to an objective it was a tool in their true objective - to disrupt our system and have us loose faith in it..

They created an anti-Trump rally and a pro-Trump rally on the same day in the same city. That isn't partisan it is an effort to effect our nation as a whole. And it is working. Michael Moore showed up then and here we have "idiot in the WH" - two "useful fools" of the Russians.

Another example - "Not my President" quoted regularly here was dreamed up by the Russians for a NY rally and was picked up and spread by MSNBC.  

BUSH IS NOT MY PRESIDENT

OBAMA IS NOT MY PRESIDENT

i think i startted with REAGAN IS NOT MY PRESIDENT. So yes, it was msnbc under directions of the russians in the 2016 campaign.. The straws you grab are thinner and thinner... as with your arguments and your thinking.

o.k. the russians didn't bot you into action. maybe you inspired them. in any case, they were pushing that meme.

why would i inspire an attack on our nation? they were pushing that meme which was used by some fellow posters as part of their disruptive attacks. they were pushing negativity on both sides of issues.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

A non-alarmist reading of the Mueller Russia indictment

Message 4 of 14

Instead of defending America, members of the Trump Cult defend their idol and hero in the White House 100% of the time. Are they Russian Bots?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@MIsekerwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@jimc91wrote:

So there is more to learn. But as far as the new indictment is concerned, there is good reason to stay calm. It's not Pearl Harbor, in any way, shape, or form.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-a-non-alarmist-reading-of-the-mueller-russia-indictment...

So having 13 Russian operatives here in America working to influence our presidential election in Trump's favor and hiring 100+ Americans to assist them in doing so is no big deal, right? What a strange way to look at this.

So three of them came here in mid-'14. Trump was not a candidate at that point. Had you been following the available information, you would know that influencing the election was to an objective it was a tool in their true objective - to disrupt our system and have us loose faith in it..

They created an anti-Trump rally and a pro-Trump rally on the same day in the same city. That isn't partisan it is an effort to effect our nation as a whole. And it is working. Michael Moore showed up then and here we have "idiot in the WH" - two "useful fools" of the Russians.

Another example - "Not my President" quoted regularly here was dreamed up by the Russians for a NY rally and was picked up and spread by MSNBC.  

BUSH IS NOT MY PRESIDENT

i think i startted with REAGAN IS NOT MY PRESIDENT. So yes, it was msnbc under directions of the russians in the 2016 campaign.. The straws you grab are thinner and thinner... as with your arguments and your thinking.

o.k. the russians didn't bot you into action. maybe you inspired them. in any case, they were pushing that meme.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14
So Jim, question, when the collusion charge is leveled against Trump, as it will be, along with probable obstruction of justice, money laundering, possible perjury, and maybe other charges, will you be able to accept it? ??
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@jimc91wrote:

BUSH IS NOT MY PRESIDENT

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

@ChasKy53wrote:

@jimc91wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

@jimc91wrote:

This from the original article:

The indictment says three of the Russian defendants traveled to the U.S. to "collect intelligence for their interference operations." That didn't seem to be a Trump-specific operation; one trip, a three-week visit, was in June 2014, the other, a four-day visit, was in November of the same year.

The group's work was done through social media — Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Most of it consisted of buying ads or posting messages and keeping track of their spread through the social media world.

The indictment quotes an unspecified Russian document saying the job was to create "political intensity through supporting radical groups, users dissatisfied with [the] social and economic situation and oppositional social movements." That involved focusing on angry fringes and hot-button issues: immigration, the Black Lives Matter movement, religion.

When attention turned to the 2016 race, the Russians "engaged in operations primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton, to denigrate other candidates such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, and to support Bernie Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump."

Again, not Trump-specific. The goal seemed always to mess with Hillary Clinton, the presumed favorite to win the Democratic nomination and then the presidency. Everything else was improvised.

The intensified focus on Trump came, not surprisingly, as Trump emerged as the likely Republican nominee to challenge Clinton.

"From at least April 2016 through November 2016," the indictment says, "defendants and their co-conspirators, while concealing their Russian identities and organization affiliation through false personas, began to produce, purchase, and post advertisements on U.S. social media and other online sites expressly advocating for the election of then-candidate Trump or expressly opposing Clinton."

There's no evidence the Russians thought Trump had a chance to win, just like no U.S. political experts thought Trump had a chance to win. The goal was to harass Clinton — candidate Clinton and then President Clinton — with a modern, social-media version of old-fashioned Soviet disinformation campaigns.

The indictment is vague on what the Russians spent. It says that by September 2016, nearly the end of the campaign, the operation spent about $1.25 million a month. But in terms of what the Russians paid for social media ads, the indictment just says "thousands" of dollars every month.

Its a nice article to sooth your alarmed nerves Jim. you have gone from witch hunt and total hoax to * maybe a little but its no big deal*. Its fun to watch how you change with the new marching orders. Im not alarmed over this investigation, and i dont think the path the investigation is taking * alarms* anyone on the left. Its just inevitable we are going to see a lot of obstruction of justice charges, charges of lying under oath, and charges to do with financial shenanigans. why? because this is what Trump IS and always has been. He surrounds himself with like people.  when you say "yeah but no collusion" you need to go back and read that mandate again. I believe its what law enforcement would call a "sweep". Taking out the trash, no more no less.

Its good you are trying to sooth the jangled nerves of the right. In doing so, you are letting us know you are coming to the realization the left knew from the beginning...something isnt right.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

This from the original article:

The indictment says three of the Russian defendants traveled to the U.S. to "collect intelligence for their interference operations." That didn't seem to be a Trump-specific operation; one trip, a three-week visit, was in June 2014, the other, a four-day visit, was in November of the same year.

The group's work was done through social media — Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Most of it consisted of buying ads or posting messages and keeping track of their spread through the social media world.

The indictment quotes an unspecified Russian document saying the job was to create "political intensity through supporting radical groups, users dissatisfied with [the] social and economic situation and oppositional social movements." That involved focusing on angry fringes and hot-button issues: immigration, the Black Lives Matter movement, religion.

When attention turned to the 2016 race, the Russians "engaged in operations primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton, to denigrate other candidates such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, and to support Bernie Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump."

Again, not Trump-specific. The goal seemed always to mess with Hillary Clinton, the presumed favorite to win the Democratic nomination and then the presidency. Everything else was improvised.

The intensified focus on Trump came, not surprisingly, as Trump emerged as the likely Republican nominee to challenge Clinton.

"From at least April 2016 through November 2016," the indictment says, "defendants and their co-conspirators, while concealing their Russian identities and organization affiliation through false personas, began to produce, purchase, and post advertisements on U.S. social media and other online sites expressly advocating for the election of then-candidate Trump or expressly opposing Clinton."

There's no evidence the Russians thought Trump had a chance to win, just like no U.S. political experts thought Trump had a chance to win. The goal was to harass Clinton — candidate Clinton and then President Clinton — with a modern, social-media version of old-fashioned Soviet disinformation campaigns.

The indictment is vague on what the Russians spent. It says that by September 2016, nearly the end of the campaign, the operation spent about $1.25 million a month. But in terms of what the Russians paid for social media ads, the indictment just says "thousands" of dollars every month.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors