A few facts about Trump the "Dealmaker"

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A few facts about Trump the "Dealmaker"

Message 1 of 7

What we have is a bully, a person who can badger people with less time / money into doing what he wanted.   That may have worked well in NYC construction, at least for a while until his bankruptcy history made him quit that enterprise entirely, but to accept that behavior as a commander in chief, that is the stuff of nightmares, which is what we are seeing today.

He continues to be a bully and a very inept one at that.  He is so impressed with his own personna that he doesn't comprehend that he is losing status around the globe and he is taking the entirety of this country with him.    He has gathered some mentally distraught people, especially religious fundamentalists, to sell his changing story and they don't seem to be bothered that they are selling a  changing story.

He says something for a week or so and then changes the rationale for his demand and they seem not to comprehend that "there is no real reason".

So we now have an inept guy at the head, a religious fundamentalist is his backup and a lobbyist running the military.    That should worry everyone...but RW will shrug it off because of their old white guy / nationalist fantasy.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

DEAL MAKER?

SIX CORPORATE BANKRUPTCIES!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

cn5621 -  A look at Trump's Tax returns would answer a lot of questions about his deal-making.

Former U.S. Attorney Chuck Rosenberg said Thursday that he “absolutely” believed special counsel Robert Mueller has President Trump’s tax returns......“The first thing that white collar prosecutors do … is you get tax returns and you get credit reports,” he said. “You get tax returns with an order from a federal judge and you get credit reports with a grand jury subpoena, because those are the documents that give you leads.”

Rosenberg said those documents are what a prosector or investigator such as Mueller would use to track other leads and to follow where the money is going and where it came from.

“Does Mueller have Trump’s tax returns? You bet,” Rosenberg said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/421327-ex-us-attorney-mueller-absolutely-has-trumps-tax-...

Let's not forget Allen Weisselberg, dt's decades long accountant and CFO was given immunity last August when he first began cooperatinging with federal prosecutors.  I have no doubt that Robert Mueller now knows every detail of dt's extensive, corrupt and highly likely criminal financial entanglements.  Eventually we all (SHOULD) know the ugly truths when what dt has kept hidden is finally exposed.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@Richva wrote:

I love reading phrases like "inept deal making" and "unmanageable debts" when discussing the Trump deal making prowess. Of course, he was very careful to make sure other investors ate the losses he generated. His base seems to think they would not be the ones eating the losses on his inability to make deals in government. SURPRISE!!!

Trump, in reality, was never a peerless or even a particularly skillful dealmaker, and many of the most significant business transactions he engineered imploded. Instead, he made his way in the world as an indefatigable self-promoter, a marketing confection and a human billboard who frequently licensed his name to buildings and products paid for by others.

In Trump’s professional life, his inept dealmaking often came home to roost in unmanageable debts and serial bankruptcies. In his more recent political and presidential life it has revealed itself through bungled, hapless efforts to overturn the Affordable Care Act; forge a nuclear agreement with North Korea; wage trade wars with China, Mexico and Canada; retain control of the House of Representatives; turn military and diplomatic strategy on its head; lay siege to sensible immigration policy; and, now, force a government shutdown to secure funding for a prized project — a wall along the U.S.’s southern border.

The most visible reminder of the raw amateurism that has undermined Trump’s dealmaking came in December during a memorable White House visit with a pair of Democrats, Representative Nancy Pelosi and Senator Charles Schumer. As the trio gradually became unsettled over policy differences that could lead to a government shutdown, Trump, ready to perform for the media he had invited to observe the chat, sallied forth in a burst of bravado.

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security,” Trump toldSchumer. “I will take the mantle. I will shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-07/trump-s-shutdown-proves-he-was-never-a-great-deal...

@Richva wrote:

I love reading phrases like "inept deal making" and "unmanageable debts" when discussing the Trump deal making prowess. Of course, he was very careful to make sure other investors ate the losses he generated. His base seems to think they would not be the ones eating the losses on his inability to make deals in government. SURPRISE!!!

Trump, in reality, was never a peerless or even a particularly skillful dealmaker, and many of the most significant business transactions he engineered imploded. Instead, he made his way in the world as an indefatigable self-promoter, a marketing confection and a human billboard who frequently licensed his name to buildings and products paid for by others.

In Trump’s professional life, his inept dealmaking often came home to roost in unmanageable debts and serial bankruptcies. In his more recent political and presidential life it has revealed itself through bungled, hapless efforts to overturn the Affordable Care Act; forge a nuclear agreement with North Korea; wage trade wars with China, Mexico and Canada; retain control of the House of Representatives; turn military and diplomatic strategy on its head; lay siege to sensible immigration policy; and, now, force a government shutdown to secure funding for a prized project — a wall along the U.S.’s southern border.

The most visible reminder of the raw amateurism that has undermined Trump’s dealmaking came in December during a memorable White House visit with a pair of Democrats, Representative Nancy Pelosi and Senator Charles Schumer. As the trio gradually became unsettled over policy differences that could lead to a government shutdown, Trump, ready to perform for the media he had invited to observe the chat, sallied forth in a burst of bravado.

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security,” Trump toldSchumer. “I will take the mantle. I will shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-07/trump-s-shutdown-proves-he-was-never-a-great-deal...

A look at Trump's Tax returns would answer a lot of questions about his deal-making.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

The British got it right with the balloon of Baby Trump.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Trump is also not a stable genius by any stretch of the imagination.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

A few facts about Trump the "Dealmaker"

Message 7 of 7

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors