Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A VERY MODEST ADVISE.

Message 41 of 52

@rker321 wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

Good advice-Hope the Dems don`t take it ,they might even start winning. You are making enough sense to be a Republican.

Darling   I am a Republican  but I am not a Trump follower, Trump shouild not call himself a Republican he dimishes the name and the Party.

He should (call himself a Republican) because that distinguishes him from Democrats. Many that support Trump, support him because he made some bold promises pre-election and is actually trying to implement them versus most politicians. Yes, he sometimes reverses himself, he's clumsy with his speech, repetitive, but always seems to remember "the goal". His successes, despite the Democrats "resistance" and some of the Republicans, are the other reasons for his popularity. If you think Trump is bad, why not tell me what the Democrat platform will be that is better? Raise the taxes, increase unemployment, more social handouts, more regulations??????

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 52

@easyed598 wrote:

I agree with Rker advice however it goes much further than the far right or far left on this board. It is definitely the liberal politicians,the liberal media and the leftist in the entertainment world who fuels the hatred against this President. Your mistaken; trump fuels the hatred outward to minorities, foreigners, welfare recipients, liberals, etc. and he reaps what he sows.  It's rather clear to anyone who is objective.  If HE stopped with the hate, he'd receive far less. I hated Obama`s policies and scandals  but never hated the man or resorted to vile rhetoric that we see here and on the news  mediia (sic) and the social media. LOL....you have a very short memory or are just ignoring the facts, EZ.  Fox, Hannity, Beck, Limblah, and many other far-wing talk show hosts, including O'Reilly, made MANY hateful comments about Obama as well as his wife, Michelle.  To the left Trump can do nothing right which of course is untrue. Your claim is also "untrue".  Although MOST Americans loathe liars, bigots and fascists, most Liberals I listen to appreciate his efforts resolving the NK issue. Though I'm not a Liberal, I supported the tougher sanctions on NK; I supported his allowing the military leaders to up the ante on fighting ISIS and not managing the war himself.  But I do NOT support his creating the largest projected debt in world history?  Do you?.  For example -Today the unemployment figures came out and it was 3.8% (the lowest in 18 years ) and the black unemployment was under 6 % (first time in history). Nancy Pelosi when informed said" well it doesn`t help the millions who have high health care premiums". Is she wrong? "Obamacare "who Trump tried to repeal and reform  and every Democrat voted against  Of course. The Repub plan sucked  and that's why Repubs didn't support it as well.  Please try and get your facts straight instead of looking for someone to blame.  The public didn't support trumpcare, that's why it didn't pass.  and somehow it appears she is trying to blame Trump for the high premiums -  No, she isn't lying; you appear to be ignorant of the facts.  Go back and look how trumps plan to make the ACA fail, has sucked billions of dollars out of the ACA.  Do you think that's effected premiums???  Another example -The good economy which most of us our enjoying ,the left say well it is a carry over from the Obama administration. Well sorry to tell you, that's true. 

Quarter-to-Quarter Growth in Real GDP

The economy is doing well today, but the outlook is NOT. Further more, we sold many of the protections to our health and generations to come to gain a lot of the current improvement.  I for one don't call that a "win".  I sure don't recall you "objectively" commenting on how well Obama did with the economy after Bush and the GOP ran it into the ground.

This completely ignores the fact that Trump got rid of hundreds of restrictive regulations AGAIN, we sold many of the protections to our health and for generations to come to gain a lot of the current improvement. And AGAIN, I don't see that as a win.  Greedy, self.-serving people do.  and of course the tax cut . LOL.....again, greedy, self-serving people prefer immediate gratification over long-term protections....the deficit, not debt is expected to be a trillion dollars in just two years.....think about THAT!!! To be honest,I am surprise that Trump is doing so well in spite of all the hate coming from all directions well, he sure has a lot of other haters to support him. and the never ending Mueller investigation which seems to be going nowhere. LOL....only to Fox viewers.....If he pulls off a North Korean peace deal what will the left say then?  Depends on the terms of the deal.  Most objective people would agree.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 52

@easyed598 wrote:

Good advice-Hope the Dems don`t take it ,they might even start winning. You are making enough sense to be a Republican.

Darling   I am a Republican  but I am not a Trump follower, Trump shouild not call himself a Republican he dimishes the name and the Party.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 52

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 52

If the Democrats think that running on an impeachment platform is going to get them any winning elections they are completely mistaken.

They need to understand that they have to change a lot more and understand that their message has ceased to be relevant.

The Democrats have forgotten who is the Middle Class American. and that has been a very big mistake

•  Although I realize that the unions are now no longer relevant. they  should be able to reach that white middle American that thinks that they are not relevant any longer.
  • One thing that I think that they shoud really consider quitckly is that Nancy Pelosi has outlived her usefullness, and get someone in there that will guide the Democratic Party to a new platform and is more relevant to the times.
    The women's  movement is strong, the gun issue is strong/   and you need to emphasized the bad things but be careful on how you do it.

Get all of those  millenians to register and vote, make grass root emphasis  the way to go.
The politicians in DC are too corrupt to make anyone follow them.
There needs to be a cultural change in order to fight  for the rule of law.  the institutions and a retun to civility and reject all vulgarity that has been the center of our culture for a long time 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 52

There  has been enough policies in this Administration that are extremely bad and the disrespect of the Rule of Law has  been  outrageous.

It's a lot bigger then that, and silence is consent.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 52

I agree with Rker advice however it goes much further than the far right or far left on this board. It is definitely the liberal politicians,the liberal media and the leftist in the entertainment world who fuels the hatred against this President. I hated Obama`s policies and scandals  but never hated the man or resorted to vile rhetoric that we see here and on the news  mediia and the social media. To the left Trump can do nothing right which of course is untrue. For example -Today the unemployment figures came out and it was 3.8% (the lowest in 18 years ) and the black unemployment was under 6 % (first time in history). Nancy Pelosi when informed said" well it doesn`t help the millions who have high health care premiums".    "Obamacare "who Trump tried to repeal and reform  and every Democrat voted against and somehow it appears she is trying to blame Trump for the high premiums -Another example -The good economy which most of us our enjoying ,the left say well it is a carry over from the Obama administration. This completely ignores the fact that Trump got rid of hundreds of restrictive regulations and of course  the tax cut .   To be honest,I am surprise that Trump is doing so well in spite of all the hate coming from all directions and the never ending Mueller investigation which seems to be going nowhere. If he pulls off a North Korean peace deal what will the left say then?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 52

I agree with the repubs not standing up to trump. And it is part of the oath that they took, and need to stand as a counter balance to the executive branch. 

And the Dems cannot and should not run on impeachment, which is a trap that repubs are trying to lure them into. And they cannot run on attacking trump directly. They must focus on the negative aspects of his policies and how the repubs have almost totally supported trump. 

Moderation is in a very short supply, but I am still hopeful of a comeback!

frosty politics

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 52

Is no longer having or being a moderate whether you are a Republican or a Democrat.
We need to realize that  this fight is not   elevating our moral compass in the manner that is being fought.
We desperately need to win in 2018 and have some moderates take over the extremists that now are conducting this Government in such a immoral  ad corrupt manner.
Republicans need to get some stones and stand up as Americans, and Democrats need to be a lot more moderate in how they attack this President. Like I have been trying to convince many here. Attack his policies. don't be another Samantha Bee.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 52

I respect you rker321 and your moderate Republican values , but unfortunately there are too few of you. My favorite Republican President's - Lincoln , Eisenhower and George H. Bush would agree very little with anything President Trump stands for or has done. 

I realize we will all get through this especially IF the Honorable Robert Mueller is allowed to complete his investigation. The most ironic thing about all of this is that Robert Mueller is a well respected life long Republican , but is attacked by today's delusional Far Right Trump supporter's. 

Kudos
Views