From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A TEXAS OBITUARY--- NOW I HAVE SEEN IT ALL

Message 1 of 23

Ok nctarheel. 

I changed one word in order to make my response work in a way I preferred.

Didn't think it would bother you - won't happen again.

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23

@pc6063 wrote:

As one who sat through the funeral  character assassination of a very beloved family member, something that brought my husband and I to tears, I can tell you what might have been theraputic for those those drowning in bitterness, was extremely painful for others.  Upon the passing of my beloved husband, one of the things that gave me a small amount of piece was that he and his sibling were reunited and would forever have each other for support and unabiding love.  Still brings me to tears.

Excellent points, pc.  Thanks for sharing that point of view.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

@NerdyMom wrote:

"It's easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."     

~Frederick Douglass

I hope they can find peace.   The dad was somebody's baby boy once.  Who knows what happened to him to make him so mentally ill and mean.   Sadly, he's quite obviously passed that pain onto his kids.   I hope it can end there.   

Great quote, Nerdy!  Thank you for sharing the wisdom.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

@alferdpacker wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Perhaps all concerned should let the quoted obituary speak for itself instead of those of us who aren't knowledgeable just posting opinions? 

I find it notable that when it comes to your own opinion, you make the following comment: "We each have a right to our opinion."- @TxGrandpa2 at 12:37pm; while, less than an hour later, you make the following comment regarding other people's opinions.

"I guess you have the right to an opinion but others don't."

How many times has some variant of that particluar disingenuous illogical assumption been posted here in this discussion group or one of it's antecedents over the years?

Unquestionably some multiple of a hundred times...

"Guessing" has never been an adequate substitute for  logical reasoning based upon proved fact.

Could it be an "alt-guess"?

@alferdpacker,

I am not sure why you did it but I think it is a no-no..... but you changed the wording of my post that you referenced above. If you are going to reference my posts, you are welcome to abbreviate the length but not change the words.... because in this case, when you changed the words, you changed the entire meaning.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Perhaps all concerned should let the quoted obituary speak for itself instead of those of us who aren't knowledgeable just posting opinions? 

I find it notable that when it comes to your own opinion, you make the following comment: "We each have a right to our opinion."- @TxGrandpa2 at 12:37pm; while, less than an hour later, you make the following comment regarding other people's opinions.

How many times has some variant of that particluar disingenuous illogical assumption been posted here in this discussion group or one of it's antecedents over the years?

Unquestionably some multiple of a hundred times...

"Guessing" has never been an adequate substitute for  logical reasoning based upon proved fact.

Could it be an "alt-guess"?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

I find it notable that when it comes to your own opinion, you make the following comment: "We each have a right to our opinion."- @TxGrandpa2 at 12:37pm; while, less than an hour later, you make the above comment regarding other people's opinions.

I guess you have the right to an opinion but others don't.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

The original obituary has been removed from the funeral home's site, but parts of it is quoted at this link...

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/news/article/Daughter-of-Galveston-man-with-savage-obit-te...

Perhaps all concerned should let the quoted obituary speak for itself instead of those of us who aren't knowledgeable just posting opinions?  His daughters knew the guy, we didn't.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

As one who sat through the funeral  character assassination of a very beloved family member, something that brought my husband and I to tears, I can tell you what might have been theraputic for those those drowning in bitterness, was extremely painful for others.  Upon the passing of my beloved husband, one of the things that gave me a small amount of piece was that he and his sibling were reunited and would forever have each other for support and unabiding love.  Still brings me to tears.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

@nctarheel wrote:

My point is that, in death, the deceased is deserved of reverence at a minimum.

--

Again, you failed to read the link I posted where she explained her reasoning.  According to what you posted, Charles Manson would be entitled to a good obiturary upon his passing.  The same could be applied, using the same criteria, to such despots such as Stalin, Hitler, Attila the Hun, etc.

No one deserves anything in life are after their passing.  Of course contrary to what Shakesphere wrote, the evil men does is what is interred with them in death, rather than the good.  But it's not up to us to judge them, but God.

And of course North Carolina grabs the headlines also in multiple topics, depending upon the onlooker and what they are looking for and the reason.  I'd venture to say that every state, every nation has their share of odd topics.  But of course when one doesn't live in the state, or country, they have no idea of the true character of the people.  One cannot cherry pick from news items to characterize any area.

As far as the article it was the lady's choice as to what to write,not yours, mine or anyone elses.  Especially since we had no idea of who or what he was.  Apparently many around him was relieved at his passing.  God have mercy on his soul.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

LOL!

Awww come on Tarheel - old Tex gotya there!   Smiley Happy I went back and re-read your original post - and sure enuf - You most def were poking at him.  You guys are a pair to draw to!  

North Carolina and Texas = TWO great states!!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors