Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Scary Pair

Message 1 of 21

Oh come on, it was a silly thing to say and I'm sure that if she could make it go away, she would. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

I also think the cartoons start exactly the type of discussion that you expect them to.

You hit that nail right on the head.

You betcha - a discussion revealing realities some would rather not have revealed.

Another poster responded with a real picture of a "scary pair" and didn't have to use a cartoon.  So much for 'cartoon land'.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

I also think the cartoons start exactly the type of discussion that you expect them to.

You betcha - a discussion revealing realities some would rather not have revealed.

Sure, deeeep realities -- like pizzagate, birth certificates, chemtrails, and George Soros pays for everything.

I saw none of that in the cartoon. Did you?

What the cartoon represents is an out-of-context quote (by the way, now that the bill was passed, and people know what's in it, the majority really do like it, that's kind of why the GOP hasn't repealed it, because they know it's political suicide), and a made up quote that no one ever uttered. So, it holds about as much water as pizzagate, chemtrails... etc.

If that's the extent of conservatives "revealing realities", it's no wonder they blissfully let a cartoon do their talking.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21

@Soosie wrote:
@nctarheel.......Here's what I hope. I hope that no Conservative cries in the streets. I hope that no senior in this community uses name calling. Certainly we have different views, but it sure would be nice for this to be discussions in an adult manner. Sure, I use cartoons, but they get a discussion started. Sometimes this board looks dead or it is so filled with one or two posters. I actually feel sorry for this group at that time.Sure would be nice to come here and find some interesting discussions. I bet a lot more people would participate if the community could rise up to an adult level.

Let the discussion begin.

You DO understand that until a bill is passed it can be amended, even totally changed? So UNTIL enough people agree, you cannot know what's in it, and when that agreement is final, the bill is passed, don't you?

Bottom line -  what Ms Pelosi said is 100% true, and only sounds bad if you have no idea how the process works.

So the absurdity of the Republicans misusing a statement of the facts of the legislative process should now be crystal clear, and you won't use it again...unless you know your lofo base doesn't care about truth, only chidlish ways to attack people with that GOPer standby - hate and lies - and that's all they want.

As for the second, if a sitting President cannot be indicted, then that too is true and only sounds bad when there's a serious lack of knowledge regarding the process, and you won't be posting that cartoon again either - right?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

Sure, deeeep realities -- like pizzagate, birth certificates, chemtrails, and George Soros pays for everything.

I saw none of that in the cartoon. Did you?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

@BigLib wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21

@Cirice wrote:

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

@Soosie wrote:
I think the cartoons get something started, though I wouldn't necessarily call it a discussion, adult or otherwise...............@Cirice.......Bravo! This is the best thing you have ever posted. Never thought I would see someone besides me that thinks this community does not act like adults.

Thank you... I think

I'll be the first to admit that I don't always act like an adult. And sometimes I'm even more than ok with it 😉  But I think most of us usually try to act like adults here, including me.  I also think the cartoons start exactly the type of discussion that you expect them to.

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21
I think the cartoons get something started, though I wouldn't necessarily call it a discussion, adult or otherwise...............@Cirice.......Bravo! This is the best thing you have ever posted. Never thought I would see someone besides me that thinks this community does not act like adults.
Kudos
Views