Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Scary Pair

Message 11 of 21

@Soosie wrote:
@nctarheel.......Here's what I hope. I hope that no Conservative cries in the streets. I hope that no senior in this community uses name calling. Certainly we have different views, but it sure would be nice for this to be discussions in an adult manner. Sure, I use cartoons, but they get a discussion started. Sometimes this board looks dead or it is so filled with one or two posters. I actually feel sorry for this group at that time.Sure would be nice to come here and find some interesting discussions. I bet a lot more people would participate if the community could rise up to an adult level.

I think the cartoons get something started, though I wouldn't necessarily call it a discussion, adult or otherwise.

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

“For those who want impeachment, that’s not what our caucus is about,” Pelosi told PBS’ “News Hour” on Tuesday.

Pelosi, who is expected to make an effort to once again to become House speaker, got an endorsement Wednesday from the president.

Donald Trump: “In all fairness, Nancy Pelosi deserves to be chosen Speaker of the House by the Democrats. If they give her a hard time, perhaps we will add some Republican votes. She has earned this great honor!."

https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/trump-to-dems-threatening-investigation-two-can-play-that-game/

midterms pelosi.jpg

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

Image result for scary pair - trump and pence

Nope.  This scary pair's got your scary pair beat by a mile!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21
In my opinion, that is the funniest cartoon that you ever posted. I am going to email it to my friends.
Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

Scary is one way to describe it and rightfully so. Another feeling when I look at it is sadness. What happened to the basic principals of right and wrong, good and bad, black and white? As a senior, I was raised to not judge a different idea based on what I felt, but on the merits and facts through discussion. I also was taught to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they gave me reason not to. I have tried to live my life by these principals and with few exceptions things have worked out well. 

Where has all this hate come from? Why have we let ourselves become swept up in the lies from both sides of the political specter? What happened to arguing the issues in a calm and respectful manner? I understand the passion associated with some of the issues we have facing us, but when is it ever acceptable to get in someones face and scream? There was a time when we believed what we believed and could argue our position with facts and how it would benefit the majority of folks. Now it seems if you dissagree with some on both sides it becomes a personal attack on them as human beings. How did we get here? Where did civility go? Where did respect and common courtesy start hiding in our dealings with each other? I have my beliefs no doubt, but I would never scream at you for having a different opinion. What a loss as a society, when friends can no longer agree to disagree and just be friendly toward each other. Do we always have to win or lose? Why can't we talk about issues with facts and passion, without making enemies of those we love and those who may disagree. The beauty of America is that we all have the right to be wrong, and we have all been wrong before. We can learn from each other and care for each other as we try to make the world a better place. Can we not be understanding of someone elses thoughts and still be civil?

I think sad is better than scary for the cartoon. Sad is watching what is happening to our society as the division multiplies and the mob mentality is growing by the day. It will come to a head at some point, and as is always the case in nature, the strong will survive. Let us help channel the passion some people have to constructive outcomes. Elections are a great place to start, but we still need to care about each other along the way and guide our way back to a civil society again. Stop the hate. We are all Americans and should be proud of that fact. People from all over the world are literally dying trying to come here and have what we take for granted. God help us if things do not change.

I have read enough posts on here to know that many will challenge my jargon with hateful comebacks and attacks (at least they can't scream in my face). But maybe, just maybe there are good folks who feel the same way I do. 

common sense
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

vjklander:  

1. there will be a **bleep** of bills passed in the next 2 years.

2. come October 1, 2019, the government is going to shut down for a very, very long time.

Why? I'd love to hear your reasoning behind those predictions.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

Two things we can count on.

1. there will be a bunch of bills passed in the next 2 months.

2. come October 1, 2019, the government is going to shut down for a very, very long time.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21
@nctarheel.......Here's what I hope. I hope that no Conservative cries in the streets. I hope that no senior in this community uses name calling. Certainly we have different views, but it sure would be nice for this to be discussions in an adult manner. Sure, I use cartoons, but they get a discussion started. Sometimes this board looks dead or it is so filled with one or two posters. I actually feel sorry for this group at that time.Sure would be nice to come here and find some interesting discussions. I bet a lot more people would participate if the community could rise up to an adult level.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

I've never seen a better case of SOUR GRAPES in all my life.

It's pretty bad when a REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE can't get even 25% of the vote.

Most of the time, that happens by accident.

There have been DEAD CANDIDATES that have gotten more than 25% of the vote.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

@Soosie wrote:

Another Scary Pair.jpg

So TRUE!  Very scary...

VIMTSTL