Honored Social Butterfly

A SELF-ISOLATION QUARANTINE DIARY FOR BI-PARTISAN REVIEW

I know that these forums are reserved for serious political discussion.  However, I think the items cited below may be of interest to all of us (Democrat, Republican, or Independent) going through the current world health crisis.  Having said that, here goes:

A couple of weeks ago I started a diary and have decided to share it here in with all of you this morning:
My Self-Isolation Quarantine Diary:

Day 1 – I Can Do This!! Got enough food and wine to last a month!

Day 2 – Opening my 8th bottle of Wine. I fear wine supplies might not last

Day 3 – Strawberries: Some have 210 seeds, some have 235 seeds. Who Knew??

Day 4 – 8:00pm. Removed my Day Pajamas and put on my Night Pajamas.

Day 5 – Today, I tried to make Hand Sanitizer. It came out as Jello Shots!!

Day 6 – I get to take the Garbage out. I’m So excited, I can’t decide what to wear.

Day 7 – Laughing way too much at my own jokes!!

Day 8 – Went to a new restaurant called “The Kitchen”. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have No clue how this place is still in business.

Day 9 – I put liquor bottles in every room. Tonight, I’m getting all dressed up and going Bar hopping.

Day 10 – Struck up a conversation with a Spider today. Seems nice. He’s a Web Designer.

Day 11 – Isolation is hard. I swear my fridge just said, “What the hell do you want now?”

Day 12 – I realized why dogs get so excited about something moving outside, going for walks or car rides. I think I just barked at a squirrel.

Day 13 – If you keep a glass of wine in each hand, you can’t accidently touch your face.

Day 14 – Watched the birds fight over a worm. The Cardinals led the Blue Jays 3–1.

Day 15 – Anybody else feel like they’ve cooked dinner about 395 times this month?

(Taken from a post by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper)

Hopefully, you all received this post with the intention by it was made here--a brief, shared, bi-partisan humorous release.  In spite of everything, it's still okay to laugh.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LydiaN586309 

Thanks for humor, had quite a few laughs. What was funniest was the fact that I could see myself doing those things in a quarantine situation!

Then again that's not the situation that any of us want to be in, is it. 

Marie showed her diary. Hers is really good. I've been having Gordo keep a diary. Maybe I should use this. Mt father used to hae our dog write us letters when we had to move away from home during WW II. he had to stay and manage the ice company, but we went to live with a cousin on Coronado Island and got to use the ferry when we went to San Diego Zoo.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png