AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A REPUBLICAN WITH COURAGE

Message 1 of 8

creppelrm:  Republicans are going to lose the fight for gun rights just as they will lose on their fight to ignore climate change, as they will lose their fight for universal health care.

Yes they are. I think they have been exceptionally stupid by cravenly doing the NRA's bidding, because the situation of gun violence has become extreme and public sentiment is demanding action. If they had agreed to common sense legislation prior to this it could be different. Now, because of the foot dragging, there will be legislation they really hate.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

Friends, Brian Mast is history. He is a sellout.

Dave Cummings is the guy to vote for davecummings.org and https://www.facebook.com/davecummingsforcongress

Here are a few recent articles/interviews about him. He is a lifelong local, and a super guy who cares about the area he grew up in. He is also big on protecting the 2nd Amendment, fixing the water issue, and taking care of our seniors.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

Apology for moving this conversation sideways....this is about some Republicans calling out others for their hypocrisy.    Interestingly, the speaker was booed by the far right people at CPAC...as others who supported this sane speaker observed the depths of their party's depraved indifference h/t of Alt-Right.   

http://www.weeklystandard.com/mona-charen-slams-sexist-hypocrisy-racism-at-cpac-you-cannot-claim-tha...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8
Assault weapons were banned before, and the Ban was lifted under Bushie. The NRA and manufaturers rejoiced, and mass shooting took a real upward tick. Coincidence? it is according to the NRA. This is an argument we seldom see, and its well within memory. Maybe someone can find us stats on HOW MANY PEOPLE DIED BECAUSE OF THAT BAN.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@BigLibwrote:

I like how the Army vet Congressman puts the lie to the right wing talking point that AR-15s aren't the civilian equivalent to the gun he was issued in the military.

In fact, once "assault" weapons are defined, there could be many more than just the AR-15 banned, and then watch the right wingers blame everyone else for failing to keep their mouth shut. In fact, I hope every gun used in a mass murder in the last 25 years in this country gets banned.

So....why do you suppose there has been NO rational and official definition of 'assault weapon'.  Nothing at all, Nada.  Ingenting alls.  IF you did that, it would certainly have to specifically define the characteristics and capability, not the appearance. 

I cannot understand, no I can't,  why this forum and the public has fixated on the AR-15 to the exclusion of other weapons that are equal to or exceed the destructive power of an M16, mass destruction included.  That's not rational and only opens the loophole that's there wider.

Consider a semi-automatic 12, 16, or 20 ga. short barrel that can take a magnum load.  Add a high capacity magazine....or just take the plug out of the one that's there.  Load those things with the right stuff and in close quarters an AR-15 is a BB gun.  The user doesn't have to be able to aim well....point it in the general direction and 'let 'em have it'!  The name "trench-gun" has been used to describe them mostly because they go back to the days of trench warfare.

Forget 'collateral damage'.  Who cares. 

Frightening just to think about and terrifying to anyone who has ever been on the other end. Sort of like walking in front of a M18 Claymore.  There are military versions equipped with a drum magazine similar to the old Thompson sub-machine gun.  Some can fire fully automatic.  Many semi-automatics are easily converted to full automatic, even civilian versions like the AR-15.  With those, from the outside looking in you simply can't tell.

The recoil of such a weapon, especially 12ga.,  makes it hard to control, just like the old Thompson was.  The muzzle comes up.....usually....where and how you grip the thing is a factor, not always successful.  State of mind matters.  Adrenalin matters.  So does barrel heat.  They get hot quick. Only certain kinds of military units get issued those things....and the grunt doesn't take them home.  

Oh....I didn't mention, some of those will be pump action, but that works fine too....just slower. Nothing else changes. 

Sheer idiocy to fixate on one 'thing' just because it's what you last saw. Want a real answer to all this that actually works?  Don't compromise with your opponent before you even start talking about solutions.  The ones we elect to do this stuff have failed miserably.  I can't see any alternative other than removing them from a 'trust' position as soon as possible.  If I were 'the donald', of course, I'd just yell, "YOU'RE FIRED" and ALL would be taken care of.  BS!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

Republicans are going to lose the fight for gun rights just as they will lose on their fight to ignore climate change, as they will lose their fight for universal health care.  Because they will in the end give in to The People.  The Republican lives in the past and thinks to bring back the past when The People are looking forward.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

I like how the Army vet Congressman puts the lie to the right wing talking point that AR-15s aren't the civilian equivalent to the gun he was issued in the military.

In fact, once "assault" weapons are defined, there could be many more than just the AR-15 banned, and then watch the right wingers blame everyone else for failing to keep their mouth shut. In fact, I hope every gun used in a mass murder in the last 25 years in this country gets banned.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

A REPUBLICAN WITH COURAGE

Message 8 of 8

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/florida-gop-congressman-says-he-would-support-an-assault-wea...

Florida GOP congressman and Army veteran Brian Mast is calling for a ban on assault weapons purchases.

-------------------------------------------

Thanks for your Service , Courage and Common Sense Congressman Brian Mast. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs