AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Question for Trump Lovers

Message 1 of 96

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I have no idea who K397840K  is asking that question. But I have one from the inital post in this thread. 

If Cavanaugh lied in front of the entire nation about a 36 year old incident, does that disqualify him as a Supreme Court nominee?

If the claims of Ford cannot be substantiated, is it not time for an end to the Dems obstructive tactics and the approval of Kavanaugh to the Bench?

Let us NOT forget how the republicans obstructed President Obama's SCOTUS nominee for almost "THREE HUNDRED DAYS!!!!"  So please tell me now....Why the rush?

This is not a Presidential election year.

But it IS an election year, so why not WAIT and see what We The People want?

Do you mean WAIT until a Liberal can be put on the Court?

Now we know why they refused to even consider Merrick Garland. They wanted to pack the SC with Republican toadies.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 96

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I have no idea who K397840K  is asking that question. But I have one from the inital post in this thread. 

If Cavanaugh lied in front of the entire nation about a 36 year old incident, does that disqualify him as a Supreme Court nominee?

If the claims of Ford cannot be substantiated, is it not time for an end to the Dems obstructive tactics and the approval of Kavanaugh to the Bench?

If the FBI investigation finds nothing and Kavanaugh releases substantially more papers he authored during his time in the Bush White House and he adequately explains his thinking when writing those papers, it will be time for a vote on his confirmation. Let’s have all the facts before ramming a deeply flawed person onto the Supreme Court.

Neither you nor I get to establish the rules of Congressional proceedings. Let's be honest here - the Reps want him in for ideological reasons. The Dems do not want him in for ideological reasons. The Dems are trying to stall until after the elections in the hope of a change in power, the Reps want the process to move on for similar reasons. That's what this is all about despite the efforts to make this a "wrinkled old men" issue.

So why don’t you think that those who are going to vote on his confirmation should have all available facts before voting?

They have it. The Dems are stalling by bringing up non-issues. There is no proof of Ford's accusations.

Is that why they have refused to provide more than 90% of the available background on Kavanaugh?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

A Question for Trump Lovers

Message 3 of 96

So far, only one Trump lover answered the question posed for this thread. Is anyone surprised by that?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 96

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Let us NOT forget how the republicans obstructed President Obama's SCOTUS nominee for almost "THREE HUNDRED DAYS!!!!"  So please tell me now....Why the rush?

Do you mean WAIT until a Liberal can be put on the Court?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 96

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Not Happening said, "Learn is a tricky word. If it is proved that Cavanaugh lied to the nation, I say that he should be barred from SCOTUS."

Finally, a Trump Lover who answered the question. Thank you NH.

This is not a court of law, so I seriously doubt the FBI can prove he lied. However, they can illustrate why he lied, which would be very convincing. 

Let me add, it's possible that Ford is lying, so we need the FBI to handle this allegation directed at a U.S. Supreme Court nominee. The truth is always critical.

Not a Trump lover at all but a "Trump getting things done lover" and those things happen to be on my list also! I guess you would classify yourself as an Obama/Hillary lover.

And what has Der Trumper gotten done?

1. Sent more troops to Afghanistan with no exit strategy, causing the highest KIA for Americans in years.

2. Started Trade Wars that cost American farmers at least $20 Billion this year and lost them markets for all time.

3. Expanded those trade wars so American Consumers will shell out $20 Billion more for the same amount of stuff.

4. Allowed the burning of more coal that will kill 1400 Americans EACH YEAR in order to create less than 2000 jobs ONE TIME in an industry that is dying.

5. Alienated our closest allies

6. Taken the word of Putin over that of our Intelligence services

7. Told the World he thinks the DOJ and FBI are under the control of sinister forces beyond government control

...and the beat goes on

Trump got rid of the Obama mandate to purchase Obamacare. He lowered income taxes for all but the left. He lowered corporate taxes so they started hiring more people, raising their pay, and giving raises/bonuses (which won't affect the left on food stamps). Lowered the amount of (left) people on food stamps. Spent a lot of wasted time defending the make believe collusion with the Russians. He nominated another SCOTUS which the left is attempting to eviscerate. He is trying to get money to build a wall which will lower chances of illegal aliens sneaking into our country. Gave the coal workers their jobs back.

So, as you can plainly see, the left goals don't exactly jibe with the right's goals.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 96

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 96

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

If the FBI investigation finds nothing and Kavanaugh releases substantially more papers he authored during his time in the Bush White House and he adequately explains his thinking when writing those papers, it will be time for a vote on his confirmation. Let’s have all the facts before ramming a deeply flawed person onto the Supreme Court.

Neither you nor I get to establish the rules of Congressional proceedings. Let's be honest here - the Reps want him in for ideological reasons. The Dems do not want him in for ideological reasons. The Dems are trying to stall until after the elections in the hope of a change in power, the Reps want the process to move on for similar reasons. That's what this is all about despite the efforts to make this a "wrinkled old men" issue.

So why don’t you think that those who are going to vote on his confirmation should have all available facts before voting?

They have it. The Dems are stalling by bringing up non-issues. There is no proof of Ford's accusations.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 96

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 96

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump Lovers refuse to answer a simple theoretical question about Cavanaugh. After all, it's the reason for this thread. 

If we learn that Cavanaugh lied in front of the entire nation about a 36 year old incident, does that disqualify him as a Supreme Court nominee?

They can't answer the question, CeeTee.  Fox hasn't told them how to respond.

It has been answered, cent just doesn't like the answer. Since there is no proof, it is time to end the Dems obstructionist tactics. Sadly, the cult of hate is being told that the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply to people the left does not like.  Wrong again.  That's NOT an answer to the question.  "rk" "just doesn't like the question".  No proof is required. As always, rk is right on and it appears that cent (like ct) also does not like the answer.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 96

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@k397840k wrote:

If you think the responses on here re Trump are not about hate, you're delusional.  Feinstein still has not turned over the letter from Ford to Sen. Grassley.  It is her duty to do so, so why hasn't she complied?  Another good reason for term limits.  Schumer, Pelosi, Feinstein, all need to be kicked out.  They're a disgrace to the American ppl.

I would agree "K".  Many who hate minorities, women who speak about being sexually assaulted, immigrants, Democrats are indeed, delusional.

btw, how many letters were there?  She gave the letter to the FBI....remember?  Maybe Fox should ask them for it.

Also, if there were term limits, Orrin Hatch, Grasserly and McConnell wouldn't be serving as well.  Some appear to choose not to THINK.

What have Fox, minorities, immigrants and Dems who are "indeed" to do with this issue??  It appears at least one is unable to figure it out for themself. It appears at least one is unable to address the issue.

As to hating women who speak about being sexually assaulted - who are you talking about? trump and Conservative white men.  I have seen no indication of that. I am white, I am Conservative in my political ideology and I do not hate such women. I do know that some "hate" seeing women being used as no more than political tools to accomplish some partisan goal. Yeah, some also hate those who create baseless conspiracy theory's and jabber on about them without any proof.  I also know that there are some who remember Tawana Brawley who was used by Sharpton in the same way. WRONG, Brawley was USED by her lies. As is Ford. We also remember Crystal Mangum who ruined several lives with her lies. Most remember Hannity and Limblah ruing the lives ot Seth Rich's family and friends. Seth Rich - who was he sexually abused by?? The point being - "innocent until proven guilty" is still valid, even in cases of alleged sexual assault.  No, it is not!  He isn't being charged with a crime.  Point being, being convicted of a crime isn't necessary.  It's a consideration of his judgement and integrity. If he is not proven guilty, the claims should not be used as a hindrances in his career. Same principle. BTW - sounds like you want the FBI to investigate a non-crime. They are probably too busy for that.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22