Social Butterfly

A QUESTION FOR TRUMP SUPPORTERS

When Trump behaves as he did at yesterday's performance, are you embarrassed?  Or do you cheer  "Way to go!  You put that  %#&* in her place." 

Social Butterfly

Not sure why the comments about the people in Ireland and their opinion about our President.  I don't care what other countries think about President Trump. Sheesh.

(😳) I'm not addressing any other comments made, because THAT was the only one i cared to address. lol  

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Sun43

Thanks for agreeing with my other comments. I hope you learned how the electoral college works so you now know not to repeat your mistakes on it in the future. Trump was not elected by a majority of the American people.

Trump supporters do not care what others  think about Trump as they blindly support him and the experts have told us quite a bit about that and why it happens. The same type of thing happened between Hitler and his enablers in Germany, and as we all learned it was a one way street from enablers to Hitler. One thing Trump and Hitler have in common is they destroyed everything, and everyone they touched.

Social Butterfly

john258:

Sun43

Thanks for agreeing with my other comments. I hope you learned how the electoral college works so you now know not to repeat your mistakes on it in the future. Trump was not elected by a majority of the American people.

Trump supporters do not care what others  think about Trump as they blindly support him and the experts have told us quite a bit about that and why it happens. The same type of thing happened between Hitler and his enablers in Germany, and as we all learned it was a one way street from enablers to Hitler. One thing Trump and Hitler have in common is they destroyed everything, and everyone they touched.

Sunluver1943:  I agreed with you, huh.  Oh nooooo, say it ain't so!   lol  You know a lot of Trump supporters do ya??  I know a whole bunch of you THINK you do and accuse Trump supporters of a lot of stuff that simply isn't true...just like the stuff ya'll spew about President Trump. I don't really care HOW he got elected, what's important to me is that HE'S PRESIDENT.  🙂

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sun43

Oh but it is so. Now if you disagree with something I said lets hear it with facts to back up where you are correct and I am wrong. Everything I have said about Trump supporters is true and backed up by facts. Here is something you should do. Go see the film 6 billboards and you will see how the typical Trump supporter thinks, and lives. Now I have said Trump rapped his wife and that is part of a court record. I have said Trump had to pay 24 million to former Trump U students for fraud. There is a court record, and Trump paid the money. There are 2 examples for you. I agree with you that Trump supporters do not care how he got elected, and that is how Hitler came to be Dictator also. No by what you say he is not the President, but the President wanna be Dictator, and will be if he is around this time next year. The goal of every true American is to make sure that does not happen.

Social Butterfly

john258

As we heard from one writer in Ireland in the last 2 weeks. The people there feel sorry for the people of the US as they did not elect a President by popular vote. Trump lost that. They say if Trump wins reelection that will change and the people there will have contempt for the people of the US for being stupid to allow a Dictator to take power.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irish People Are Repaying Debt of Gratitude to Suffering Native Americans 170 Years After Potato Famine

A repayment of gratitude 170 years in the making has rekindled an affectionate bond linking the Great Irish Potato Famine of almost two centuries ago with a Native American tribe in Oklahoma suffering today from the coronavirus pandemic.

In 1847, when Ireland was experiencing years of starvation due to a potato blight, the North American Choctaw tribe joined a compassionate campaign in the U.S. to help these strangers an ocean away.

Despite their own suffering, having been forced to relocate hundreds of miles from their native land, the tribe pooled their pennies and raised $170 (almost $5,000 in today’s currency) to send to the Emerald Isle through a relief fund.

Today, the Navajo and Hopi tribes have been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. Their high rate of infection is thought to be due to a lack of running water in one-third of all homes and shortage of groceries, forcing families to leave the reservation for supplies.

To finance a plan to provide bottled water and other supplies directly to the reservation, a GoFundMe campaign was set up by Navajo and Hopi families. Now, almost $2.7 million has been raised so far, with many donations flowing in from Irish citizens expressing gratitude for the help they received so many decades ago.

“Ours is a debt that can never be repaid, but please consider this a small token of love and solidarity from your Irish brothers and sisters. Praying for the strength, wellbeing and prosperity of your community always” said Caroline Kelly, adding a Gaelic message of unity. “Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireann na daoine.”

“When the Choctaw people had nothing, they gave Ireland all they could at a time when we needed it most. I know it’s not much, but I hope this helps our friends in their time of need,” added Ciaran Mc brearty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every day Trump is in office brings greater shame to our country.

Honored Social Butterfly

Logic does not play into it.  I compare it to the rabid fans of a hopeless sports team. They have an excuse for every dropped ball, every foul, and every horrible play.  Earlier I mentioned N. Korea, Iran, abandoning the Kurds on the battlefield,.  I have also mentioned his 50% staff turnover and his inability to hire anyone remotely competent .  He treats his employees like surfs and denigrates them after firing them by Twitter.  He inherited his wealth and is jealous of his predecessor who  earned his by hard work and education.  Trump is a snowflake and his regressives are the helicopter parents who make his existence possible 

Honored Social Butterfly

96584782_3815997191774767_7347534612081410048_o.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Some posters never get tired of being wrong. How much has Biden donated to fighting Corona Virus--Trump donates his 2019 Q4 salary to help combat coronavirus

Honored Social Butterfly

Business Executives Offer Large Donations to Fight Covid-19
By Crystal Ye and Lucy Cohen Blatter Updated May 13, 2020 1:06 pm ET

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/A-QUESTION-FOR-TRUMP-SUPPORTERS/m-p/2258279#M9...

Gee business leaders...yes business leaders...I bet some are Republicans. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump worshippers can never, ever see anything wrong with anything tRump does. He honestly could kill someone in the streets and they would deny, distract, and discredit someone else.

Cult-like.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

ChasKy53:  Trump worshippers can never, ever see anything wrong with anything tRump does. He honestly could kill someone in the streets and they would deny, distract, and discredit someone else.🙄

Cult-like.🙄

sunluver1943:  As with so many things you all say, that's like the pot callin' the kettle black.  Whatever ya'll...

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Sunbluver,  Do you think your fella,  Trump will practice  your slogan,

"A little more kindness, a little less judgement. TRUMP 2020

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

mimi0000 said: Sunbluver, Do you think your fella, Trump will practice your slogan,

"A little more kindness, a little less judgement. TRUMP 2020

He already has and many times, i'm just sorry you and so many others refuse to see that.  😞

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver wrote:

ChasKy53:  Trump worshippers can never, ever see anything wrong with anything tRump does. He honestly could kill someone in the streets and they would deny, distract, and discredit someone else.

Cult-like.

sunluver1943:  As with so many things you all say, that's like the pot callin' the kettle black.  Whatever ya'll...

No pot or kettle here. I have never supported a POTUS or any other politician that I did not criticize or did not see anything wrong with, but then I have never supported a political candidate or President that accepted the support of White Supremacist groups like the KKK and The Proud Boys.  Trump certainly accepts their support with open arms.  I have never heard one trump supporter criticize tRump for that.  For most decent people, tRump accepting their support is enough to  influence them not to support him. tRump supporters accept anything that tRump does or says.

Yes .......... Cult-like

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mimi0000   See your question already has an accusatory attitude by the way it's phrased.  So it isn't asked as if you really care what a Trump supporter thinks.  Rather like you already know the answer and it'll just give ya'll more fat to chew on.

BUT here is my response:  If you're talking about the Asian female reporters question to President Trump and his response to it...I am proud of the way he doesn't let ANYONE get away with being rude and attacking him.  He took a lot of abuse before he started fighting back and i would do the same. She thought she had something to start a war over when she asked him "why did you specifically say that to me".  (the why don't you ask china comment by the President)  Well duh, he was talking to her not anybody else!

It's his right to decide when a reporters time is up, period.

My God ya'll, why don't you at least TRY to remember that Trump is President of the United States of America...whether you like it or not.

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

A Trump supporter says we should remember Trump is President of the US whether we like it or not. Well lets start with the fact that he was not the choice of the people as he lost that vote by 3 million. He made it via the electoral college which was pit in place by our founders to keep some one like Trump from ever becoming President. The message on that is times have changed and it is time to end the electoral college. Now lets take Trump background. He lies over 90% of the time. He tried to steal close to 3 million from NYC on a hotel deal. Trump U was put out of business for fraud, and he had to pay 24 million to the students for fraud. The Trump charity was put out of business for fraud by the State of NY and Trump was fined. Trump is an unindited co conspirator for paying hookers thru Michael Flynn who is serving time in jail. Trump rapped his wife. Trump has a rape case in court now where the court wants his DNA, Trump took an illegal loan for his father for over one million in AC and had to pay a fine.  There is the golden shower tape in Russia showing Trump in action.

You have to earn respect and Trump has earned none.

Social Butterfly

john258 said:  A Trump supporter says we should remember Trump is President of the US whether we like it or not. Well lets start with the fact that he was not the choice of the people

sunluver1943 says:  I beg your pardon, WE THE PEOPLE most certainly did elect him as President of this United States of America and he was, therefore, the choice of the people.  So please, state the facts.

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver1943 says:  I beg your pardon, WE THE PEOPLE most certainly did elect him as President of this United States of America and he was, therefore, the choice of the people.  So please, state the facts.

A little more kindness, a little less judgement. TRUMP 2020
*********************************************************************************

Nope, "WE THE PEOPLE" didn't elect him, the Electors did in the Electoral vote.  The general population voted for Hillary by 3 millions votes.

Blue Wave in 2020 !

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

ChasKy53 said:  Nope, "WE THE PEOPLE" didn't elect him, the Electors did in the Electoral vote.

sunluver1943 says:  See Chas, that's just one of the many problems with this country and some of the people in it.  WE THE PEOPLE DID vote for President Trump, hence he is now and has been the President of The United States of America for almost four years now!  The thousands of people that you see at his rallies are the people that are the reason he is in office and will be in office for another four!  💃👍

Yes i know all about the electoral vote.  And i also know that you all decided you didn't like the electoral vote (like the liar hillary & others)  as soon as President Trump won 🙄...go figure. lol

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sun1943:

Here is a fact for you. Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million so he was not elected by a majority of the people. That is fact that neither you nor I can change.

He was elected by the electoral college which is a system where the States elect the President. Each State selects a number of electors who cast the actual vote for President. Electors for a long time were selected by the State not a vote by the people in the State. Even now in some States the elector selected by the voters does not have to vote for the person  who won the popular vote in their state. Trump would fit into the group under the original design who would not be President. 

As we heard from one writer in Ireland in the last 2 weeks. The people there feel sorry for the people of the US as they did not elect a President by popular vote. Trump lost that. They say if Trump wins reelection that will change and the people there will have contempt for the people of the US for being stupid to allow a Dictator to take power.

Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

ManicProgressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FYuUBZI2rc

==============================

Thanks for that link as it shows what Trump has to put up with. She asked stupid question . This lady has tried to agitate Trump before by the questions she has asked.

And now some of the Trump hating media are trying to make it racist...typical of some of our media. And some people are doing the same.

Trump goes after people, race is not a factor.

Trump should not have called on her.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Judging from the response of the Toadworshipers, Fox did not carry that bit of news, but they don't report ANY actual news, so no surprise their patrons are uninformed yet again.

Social Butterfly

Seriously, Olderscout?  Wow snipe, snipe.  FYI not everybody is hovering over the aarp community threads just waiting for more anti Trump comments. 😉  Fox did indeed carry it along with a whole lot of other channels...well, maybe not cnn. 😉 lol

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I really like that the reporters are starting to treat Trump like a hostile witness.  They are also calling him out on his misstatements. They are also no longer allowing him to change the subject when it gets tough. 

I see he accused Joe Scarborough of murder.  I can't wait for the NEXT press scrum when they ask about that. 

Social Butterfly

Richva:  "I really like that the reporters are starting to treat Trump like a hostile witness."

It's just sad the comments and hate shown towards our President... but hey, i'm really glad that President Trump has finally started to treat the Trump hatin' reporters like the @#$%$&#! they are.  😉

Hmmm i think we're probably getting off topic, but what's new...right?

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Source?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mimi0000 What are you talking about, please be specific with your accusation?  

VIMTSTL
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png