With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Nation Divided is One at Risk

Message 11 of 28

OK.  Then if this group wants to spend the rest of their days looking in the rear view mirror and crying in their beer over a former president, then guess all they will have is their sniffles.  I used to think knowledge is gained with age, but if people refuse to look forward they can't gain as much as I thought.  I guess hanging out in a negative place is what drives some people.  Either that or they can't figure it out.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 28
well said!! This division started LONG before Trump. You can read about it in the fantastic book I read called " Tailspin". The intense polarization started a long time ago, right around the time Newt Gingrinch was Speaker, then came Cspan, then came Faux news, and the rest is history. But some on the right do have short memories as you pointed out. From the moment Obama became President the GOP plotted against him, and blocked him at EVERY opportunity they could. Bipartisanship was out the window. The GOP stance was NO COMPROMISE period, which leads us to the mess where we are today. I will always remember Mitch McConnell saying the most important thing was to keep Obama a one term President.....and now because our current President is a criminal, and a pathological liar which seems to be ok with his supporters we are accused of hating on him.....
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 28

@gruffstuff wrote:

A Nation Divided is One at Risk

In current context, time  and events Republicans have made an art of blaming the opposition for what they do.

It's been that way all of my adult life.

Frankly I've had enough of that, don't expect me to meet extremist half way and then move the goal post to the right again.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me 100,000 times shame on me.

Gruffstuff, you are so right. The extreme right, the Tea Party and the Alt Right has moved the Republican Party to the right and wants everyone to move with them. They have no use for anything moderate, centrist, or just left of center.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 28

@Soosie wrote:

Come Together.jpg

I think "thinking people" would take action to try to bring the country together rather than seperate(sic) it.  Makes more sense.

Sure is funny that the Right started the Tea Party when Obama was in office and started all of the division. They name called, carried insulting signs and yelled obscenities. Now that trump is in office they suddenly want to 'get along', and accept all of trump's lies. If they want to 'get along' why do they not compromise?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 28

Soosie:   So, is this group telling me that if Trump is removed from office, there will suddenly be a beam of light to shine down on the posters here and they will love others rather than the continued hatred shown for whites, Christians, Conservatives and any Republican woman who dares to not end a baby's life by abortion? 

Republican women can have multiple litters if they like, but they need to keep their noses out of other women's business.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 28

ManicProgressive:  I can see you are doing your part, lol.

The truth can be hilarious.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 28

@Soosie wrote:

So, is this group telling me that if Trump is removed from office, there will suddenly be a beam of light to shine down on the posters here and they will love others rather than the continued hatred shown for whites, Christians, Conservatives and any Republican woman who dares to not end a baby's life by abortion?  I would consider that a wonderful happening.  But, on the other hand, I think it would be a great loss to some because they feed off of hatred.  Nothing is good.  Everything is bad.  There is no tomorrow.  The tomatoes are too far for me to walk to.  The bandaids do not enhance my beauty.  Let's face it folks.  Some people just ain't gonna get happy.  They have too much fun being miserable.

I gave my short answer in my last post but here is my more apropos post.

First of all, the repeated use of the word HATRED stems from a programming that INDIVIDUAL-1 did of his supporters during the 2015 and 2016 election cycle. I see the use of the triumvirate of words HATED, HATERS, and HATRED used by INDIVIDUAL-1 supporters at a frequency so voluminous that only its use subconsciously can account for it.

As to your perceived "HATRED" of Whites and Christians, this is a tenet held by both the KKK and other WHITE SUPREMACY groups in order for them to accumulate members.

As to abortion, I asked you, in another thread, for your philosophy on CAPITAL PUNISHMENT. You were silent on the subject. One can only conclude that you are AGAINST aborting a fetus but NOT AGAINST terminating the life of an adult.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 28

@Soosie wrote:

So, is this group telling me that if Trump is removed from office, there will suddenly be a beam of light to shine down on the posters here and they will love others rather than the continued hatred shown for whites, Christians, Conservatives and any Republican woman who dares to not end a baby's life by abortion?

YES!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 28

A Nation Divided is One at Risk

In current context, time  and events Republicans have made an art of blaming the opposition for what they do.

It's been that way all of my adult life.

Frankly I've had enough of that, don't expect me to meet extremist half way and then move the goal post to the right again.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me 100,000 times shame on me.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 28

So, is this group telling me that if Trump is removed from office, there will suddenly be a beam of light to shine down on the posters here and they will love others rather than the continued hatred shown for whites, Christians, Conservatives and any Republican woman who dares to not end a baby's life by abortion?  I would consider that a wonderful happening.  But, on the other hand, I think it would be a great loss to some because they feed off of hatred.  Nothing is good.  Everything is bad.  There is no tomorrow.  The tomatoes are too far for me to walk to.  The bandaids do not enhance my beauty.  Let's face it folks.  Some people just ain't gonna get happy.  They have too much fun being miserable.

Kudos
Views