With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Nation Divided is One at Risk

Message 21 of 28

@Soosie wrote:

I think "thinking people" would take action to try to bring the country together rather than seperate it.  Makes more sense.

You are so right, @Soosie. "THINKING PEOPLE" will be removing INDIVIDUAL-1 from office, one way or another, within the next two years.

Could be a resignation, could be forced removal from office for "HIGH CRIMES and MISDEMEANORS" or it could be the old fashioned way, a huge loss in the next election, sort of like what happened in the HOUSE in 2018.

Once removed from office, this country will come together because as everyone, except you, seems to acknowledge, HE is the source of the polarization.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 28

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

The nation was divided over whether slavery of black people should be allowed to continue.

In the long run it has made us stronger...

Stronger....hmm, yeah, but I would hope it would have made us WISER.  Do we really need to re-live all the nasty human tragedies from the past that we see reappearing its ugly head again?!

We ARE wiser - a majority of American Citizens did NOT vote for trump, and a majority of American Citizens dissaprove of trump, and have said that they will not vote for him in the next election...

Well perhaps, but let us never forget what power the Electoral College has, no?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

The nation was divided over whether slavery of black people should be allowed to continue.

Stronger....hmm, yeah, but I would hope it would have made us WISER.  Do we really need to re-live all the nasty human tragedies from the past that we see reappearing its ugly head again?!

We ARE wiser - a majority of American Citizens did NOT vote for trump, and a majority of American Citizens dissaprove of trump, and have said that they will not vote for him in the next election...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 28

@alferdpacker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country shall stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin."  Samuel Adams

And sure enough - our country's experienced patriots are opposing the liar, fraud, charlatan, and operative of Putin...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 28

Like the song goes...."Divided we stand, united we fall"....  But, I guess that was the whole intention back when all the pep rallies started.  Remember, when the current President was telling people to hit one another and he'd pay the legal fees????

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 28

I can see you are doing your part, lol.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

A Nation Divided is One at Risk

Message 28 of 28

Come Together.jpg

I think "thinking people" would take action to try to bring the country together rather than seperate it.  Makes more sense.

Kudos
Views
Replies