Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: A NEW SPIN ON HEALTHCARE

Message 1 of 10

I thought I read this some place.  Oh it was---

Matthew 25:34-40  I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me into your home. I needed clothes, and you gave me something to wear. I was sick, and you took care of me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

Republicans have decided to weaponize religion and use it as a rationale for anything hateful that they can't defend, the bs. WWJD.    They ignore entirely that the world has changed since someone wrote a fable about what some dude said before he was killed by the State.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@easyed598 wrote:

MIMI wrote---  Roger marshal said-Just like Jesus said, ‘The poor will always be with us.’--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Seems Jesus has been right the last two thousand years-How can you interpet that to mean that Roger Marshall think poor people don`t want health ? I think he meant that poor people have bigger priorities such as food and a roof over their head.   Did you ever wonder how the United States  survived over 200 years without government run health care?

It doesn't require any interpretation to determine that Roger Marshall thinks that some people don't want healthcare - just read the words he said.

So you are of the opinion that some people should have to decide whether they eat or get necessary healthcare?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

A new spin on health care for sure. Especially since it tags on 2 large tax breaks for the wealthy!

Billionaire Warren Buffett says the Republican plan to repeal and replace Obamacare would be a boon for the super-rich.

Did you know health care was supplemented by tax hikes on the wealthy imposed by Obama?

Did you know this new health care bill cuts our health care to the bare bones by reinstating the rich with tax cuts aka giving themselves back the tax hike Obama used to supplement Obama care.

Believe me I am not touting Obama care these are just some interesting facts I came across researching this situation with AMericans health care being raped .

I just do not understand how tax breaks can be added to a "health Care Bill." That is just wrong wrong wrong!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@easyed598 wrote:

MIMI wrote---  Roger marshal said-Just like Jesus said, ‘The poor will always be with us.’--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Seems Jesus has been right the last two thousand years-How can you interpet that to mean that Roger Marshall think poor people don`t want health ? I think he meant that poor people have bigger priorities such as food and a roof over their head.   Did you ever wonder how the United States  survived over 200 years without government run health care?

Yes,  I have been wondering about that too. No wonder we haven't been able to catch other countries in the longevity age. we are actually dying sooner than in other countries.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@NerdyMom wrote:

I'm becoming more and more convinced these people have never progressed past age 5 or so, emotionally.   

I believe that they belong to some cult. 

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10
Perhaps the poor can't afford preventative healthcare. He says "I'm not judging"... oh no?.
What gyms or health spas welcome "poor people" to come exercise. He is really out of touch. This guy really pi--es me off.
mimi
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

I'm becoming more and more convinced these people have never progressed past age 5 or so, emotionally.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

A NEW SPIN ON HEALTHCARE

Message 10 of 10

Rep. Roger Marshall, (R-KS) uses Jesus to justify his opposition to Obamacare by explaining that poor people will reject health care, just like Jesus said.

In a recent interview with STAT News, the conservative Christian lawmaker explained why  he believes some poor people just don’t want health care:

Just like Jesus said, ‘The poor will always be with us.’ There is a group of people that just don’t want health care and aren’t going to take care of themselves.

Just, like, homeless people … I think just morally, spiritually, socially, [some people] just don’t want health care. The Medicaid population, which is [on] a free credit card, as a group, do probably the least preventive medicine and taking care of themselves and eating healthy and exercising. And I’m not judging, I’m just saying socially that’s where they are. So there’s a group of people that even with unlimited access to health care are only going to use the emergency room when their arm is chopped off or when their pneumonia is so bad they get brought [into] the ER.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors